Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Battledale locals and adventures set within
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Celric
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2015 :  21:58:44  Show Profile  Visit Celric's Homepage Send Celric a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I'm looking for adventures set within the ...area... of Battledale, and I'm not picky about editions. The only thing that I've been able to find so far has been included in the old SSI game Curse of the Azure Bonds.

Any help would be appreciated.

Celric

Mod edit: Moving to a more appropriate shelf.

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 29 Oct 2015 23:41:33

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2015 :  22:07:47  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There's a place called the Pool of Yeven, with a statue to Mystra there. So far as I know, there is nothing special or known to be significant about that statue -- except for the minor detail that Azuth showed up to guard it during the Time of Troubles.

Again, I don't know of any more details about that statue or the Pool, but there's got to be something to it, if Azuth was watching over it.

So there is -- or was -- something very important about that statue... Which means that right there is a potent seed for an adventure.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Celric
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2015 :  22:18:13  Show Profile  Visit Celric's Homepage Send Celric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting - what's the source for this? One of the novels?
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 19 Oct 2015 :  23:25:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Celric

Interesting - what's the source for this? One of the novels?

A long-ago article on the Wizards website listed where deities were during the Time of Troubles, and that's where that blurb comes from. There wasn't much more info than that -- just a couple of lines total.

I'd provide the URL, but WotC has moved things around approximately 3,179.3 times since then (and redesigned the website 196 times), without updating any links, and the web filters at work keep me from looking for it.

Go to Top of Page

Faraer
Great Reader

3308 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2015 :  22:36:37  Show Profile  Visit Faraer's Homepage Send Faraer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That episode is from FRE2 Tantras, which passes through Battledale.

The short scenario 'Adderposts' in Serpent Kingdoms is set in Essembra. Look at the write-up of the Abbey of the Sword in Faiths and Pantheons, too. One of the Ghost Holds is described, and some latterday inhabitants mentioned, in Power of Faerūn, and the D&D Encounters adventure Search for the Diamond Staff features another.
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2015 :  23:16:15  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
why is this under 'novels'?

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2015 :  23:42:30  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Duneth Despana

why is this under 'novels'?

A very good point. I missed that; I generally don't look to see where discussions are located.

I've relocated this one to a more appropriate locale.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000