Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 5e Aasimar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2015 :  03:05:15  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Its been mentioned that the Sword Coast Adventurer Guide will have a side bar on Aasimar and it lead to wonder on the fluff side what Aasimar will be like on the fluff side in 5e, given that 4e mangled the Aasimar by merging it with the 4e Devas.

Could 4e Devas be a subrace of Aasimar?

In one of the Sundering Books they're is a Deva character who does refer to himself as an Aasimar and it just seemed to show even the Author wasn't sure how to handle the weird situation. To be fair in Kemps novels his Cambion character often gets refered to as a Tiefling and doesn't seem to care.

So what do you guys suspect will be the Aasimar's fluff status in 5e?

And what about the Aasimar's actual stats, will it be the same as the DMG or will there be variant Aasimar like there will be variant tieflings?

Gurgle Gobblespit
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2015 :  17:51:24  Show Profile Send Gurgle Gobblespit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think it's time they made Aasimar an (official) allowable Player Race. The DMG hinted of it as an "example additional race", but fell short of endorsing it.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2015 :  23:52:44  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good point and I think the Aasimar side bar will address it somehow, at least I hope so.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000