Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone please read!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 11 Oct 2005 :  23:21:14  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

1) 1st time, but I plan to come back
2) every few months, but I never noticed you had a forum
3) if its realmsian, of course I am.
4) yep
5) ?? active topics?
6) I figure I won't have much time for much beyond the general, but if this is like the realms-l list I used to be on I expect a ton of info.
7) 10 - candlekeep has ALWAYS been the site where I could either find what I wanted or find where I needed to go for things realmsian

Well met

Thank ye for the kind words and everyone for answering these valuable questions

sleyvas, Active Topics can be found on the menu on the top right of the forum, it allows ye to see which new topics have been posted or topics which have been replied to since thy last visit. I'm sure ye will find it quite useful

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

The Destroyer
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2005 :  10:45:01  Show Profile  Visit The Destroyer's Homepage Send The Destroyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1) As often as I can, mostly 7 times a week.
2) Always.
3) Yes!
4) Of course yes! Such stuff are most welcomed.
5) When I need to know which topic is active at the moment.
6) Yes!
7) 10.

You will have new powers when you are reborn, a form better to serve me with. -Manshoon of Zhentarim,
Go to Top of Page

The Very Dangerous One
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2005 :  07:23:16  Show Profile  Visit The Very Dangerous One's Homepage Send The Very Dangerous One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Very often, 6 times per week
2) Regularly, each time I acess the forums, I will sure look at it.
3) Yes.
4) Yes.
5) Yes.
6) Everytime I acess the forums, I make it a point to take a look at them.
7) 10.
Go to Top of Page

Magus Rages
Acolyte

15 Posts

Posted - 22 Oct 2005 :  06:26:39  Show Profile  Visit Magus Rages's Homepage Send Magus Rages a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Answers to the questions:

1) 5 times a week
2) 3 times a week
3) Very interested.
4) Yes
5) Sometimes
6) Everytime I visit the forum, I will take a look at them.
7)10
Go to Top of Page

Beirnadri Magranth
Senior Scribe

USA
720 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2005 :  00:26:31  Show Profile  Visit Beirnadri Magranth's Homepage Send Beirnadri Magranth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1- several times a day
2- once every couple weeks
3-i dont watch the site updates... maybe i should...
4-i read a couple of the campaign logs but most werent well written or very interesting... (thats too bad bc its a good concept)
more on this: i think canon stuff is teh only real stuff that should be used bc alot of the other fans have bad ideas or ideas taht are ripoffs from other campaign settings (my character was from mystara and ends up in Faerun) but it would be great to have some FR campaigns make it to the next published books... maybe have a sponsored campaign at gen con idk
5- never used/didnt really think about it
6- i dont really visit this forum mostly realmslore forum...
7- when i started, 10... but then some of the designers on this forum werent allowed to answer my questions bc of contract stuff and legalities so i give it an 8 or maybe a 7 ( i found that pretty frustrating)

"You came here to be a martyr in a great big bang of glory... instead you will die with a whimper."
::moussaoui tries to interrupt::
"You will never get a chance to speak again and that's an appropriate ending."

-Judge Brinkema
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2005 :  00:54:20  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Beirnadri Magranth

7- when i started, 10... but then some of the designers on this forum werent allowed to answer my questions bc of contract stuff and legalities so i give it an 8 or maybe a 7 ( i found that pretty frustrating)

That's not the fault of the site. That's the fault of legal agreements the designers signed elsewhere.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

hooper101
Learned Scribe

USA
117 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2005 :  22:54:25  Show Profile  Visit hooper101's Homepage Send hooper101 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? Everyday
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?Once a week
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)I am interested in anything that willmake my campaign and knowledge better.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?I like cannon, no fan fic.
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? Havent yet plan to right after this post though.
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? I like the novels and general chat. I probably later will try to help out on the project.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 10

Die, die, die ,die, die, why won't you just die you silly dragon!
Go to Top of Page

Kzia
Acolyte

USA
9 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  14:22:13  Show Profile  Visit Kzia's Homepage Send Kzia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

Hi folks

1) How often do you visit this forum?
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)

Thanks for your time.

1) I just found this site 4 days ago, been here several times a day since!
2) thru 6) Still exploring.......
7) Looks like a 10 to me!

Kzia

On a quest for knowledge of the Realms........
Go to Top of Page

Matthus
Senior Scribe

Germany
393 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2005 :  14:46:57  Show Profile Send Matthus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) to often , no - at least every working day
2) I try to stay in touch every week
3) Yeap
4) If they are good
5) Yeap
6) There are a lot of really good stuff in all the forums, only hard to follow them all
7) Well,this site hits a very high ten, may ten plus
Go to Top of Page

Halcyon
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2005 :  10:29:42  Show Profile  Visit Halcyon's Homepage Send Halcyon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) 3 times a week, as often as I can.
2) Once a week, usually I check the forums to see if there is any update to the site itself, if there is, I would pay more attention to it.
3) Of course.
4) Aye.
5) When there is a need to click that icon, I will click it.
6) Yes.
7) 9
Go to Top of Page

Samuel of Alexos
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2005 :  06:01:49  Show Profile  Visit Samuel of Alexos's Homepage Send Samuel of Alexos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right then, I don't know if I am properly familiar with the whole thing yet to answer, but that has never stopped me before anyway!!
1) so far every day
2) see #1
3) I haven't even gotten through reading them all yet, so perhaps it is best to wait...
4) Absolutely!! it helps to get multiple perspoectives, whether you run a game or play in one.
5) Not yet
6) Still looking,
7) so far a nice neutral (but optimistic) 6, I have just gotten started, and so I have a while to get a sense of the whole thing.
Go to Top of Page

Rollo Ruttikin
Acolyte

USA
26 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  02:32:34  Show Profile  Visit Rollo Ruttikin's Homepage Send Rollo Ruttikin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met! I just signed up for the forums today. I hope I get alot of use out of this website and am looking forward to chatting with fellow gamers and Realmsfans. So far everything about the site is pretty impressive and I was surprised to see how much interest people still have in the FR topics and roleplaying in general.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  03:17:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 06 Dec 2005 :  08:25:56  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Rollo Ruttikin

Well met! I just signed up for the forums today. I hope I get alot of use out of this website and am looking forward to chatting with fellow gamers and Realmsfans. So far everything about the site is pretty impressive and I was surprised to see how much interest people still have in the FR topics and roleplaying in general.

Well met, Rollo Ruttikin

Welcome to Candlekeep. Oh we have more than just an interest in the Realms. In fact, some may deem it unhealthy Nevertheless, there are many tomes and scrolls of Realmslore herein for ye to satisfy thy thirst for knowledge.

Enjoy thy stay

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

darkcrow
Learned Scribe

USA
269 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2005 :  05:17:49  Show Profile  Visit darkcrow's Homepage Send darkcrow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1: once every day.
2: I have not as of yet.
3: I skim it ever so often. I go to OLOVE's site for all my novel updates.
4: Yes
5: No
6: Book Club and Software
7: A big 10!!!! I read alot of Forgotten Realms and I'm so glad that I have someone to be excited about them with. Thank you for your exsistance.

May Tymora smile upon ye
Go to Top of Page

butterflyght
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 18 Dec 2005 :  04:50:18  Show Profile  Visit butterflyght's Homepage Send butterflyght a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
[1) How often do you visit this forum?
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?

1.) I've only visited the forum a few times as of yet.
2.) I find myself coming to the website more and more often for information.
3.) Yeah!
4.) Well, it depends on the articles. Canon before fanon, you know...
5.) Yes. I find it useful.
6.) Yep! I've already begun to check out the Forgotten Realms sections...
7.) I guess an 8 or a 9 so far. Being a newbie, to the forum itself, I wouldn't know very much. But the people seem nice so far, and the information strikes me as pretty solid.

Malice Mizer. You know you love them.
Go to Top of Page

Trinkett
Acolyte

United Kingdom
6 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2006 :  00:37:05  Show Profile  Visit Trinkett's Homepage Send Trinkett a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1) How often do you visit this forum? about every other day
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? not very often...about twice.
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates? a little
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? It sounds interesting, I just neer check it.
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? nope.
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? Adventuring, Running the realms, and Candlekeep inn
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 9. You probably deserve ten but I just can't bring myself to give it to anything...
Go to Top of Page

Laputa_Knights
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2006 :  07:38:23  Show Profile  Visit Laputa_Knights's Homepage Send Laputa_Knights a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1) Just found it today
2) I've been checking out the site for about a week now, having just found it in a search for FR information.
3) OH yes!
4) Definitely. I think it adds flavor and makes it seem more "alive".
5) I most likely will.
6) Still exploring.
7) So far, I'm giving it a 9. The one thing I'd really like to see, which I haven't found yet, is links to maps of Toril - especially since the Atlas isn't published anymore.

It!
Could!
{Kaboom!}
Work (coughcough)
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2006 :  13:04:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to you Laputa, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Enjoy your stay!

quote:
7) So far, I'm giving it a 9. The one thing I'd really like to see, which I haven't found yet, is links to maps of Toril - especially since the Atlas isn't published anymore.
Wow! A 9... and you haven't finished looking around the library yet. Well, we must certainly be doing our jobs right then... eh?

As for maps of Toril... I suggest you visit the Candlekeep Map Room for a diverse selection of maps for the FR setting:- http://candlekeep.com/library/maps.htm

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 10 Feb 2006 13:05:11
Go to Top of Page

Laputa_Knights
Acolyte

USA
4 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2006 :  23:03:54  Show Profile  Visit Laputa_Knights's Homepage Send Laputa_Knights a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

As for maps of Toril... I suggest you visit the Candlekeep Map Room for a diverse selection of maps for the FR setting:- http://candlekeep.com/library/maps.htm

Thanks. Got some good maps - even better if you're doing Dalelands or central Faerun settings. Looks like I'll just have to make up an uncharted island for what I'm doing. :)

It!
Could!
{Kaboom!}
Work (coughcough)
Go to Top of Page

vertus
Acolyte

Brazil
18 Posts

Posted - 18 Feb 2006 :  14:23:28  Show Profile Send vertus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) On a daily basis.
2) Not very regular, but I'd say weekly.
3) Yes
4) Definitely yes!
5) Not yet. I'm new at this forum stuff...
6) I peek at all categories every day.
7) Right now I'd give it an 8.

"Misty morning
Clouds in the sky
Without warning
A wizard walks by"
Go to Top of Page

Scot Storm
Acolyte

29 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2006 :  05:35:00  Show Profile  Visit Scot Storm's Homepage Send Scot Storm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Everyday so far.Love the site
2) Everyday so far. Think it's great
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) 10

Storm
Go to Top of Page

Wandering_mage
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2006 :  21:38:28  Show Profile  Visit Wandering_mage's Homepage Send Wandering_mage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Daily
2) Bi-daily
3) Yes
4) Sometimes
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) 10 Long live Candlekeep and its members!!!!!!

Illum
The Wandering Mage
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2006 :  03:02:48  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1: 2-3 times per week.
2: Same as above.
3: absolutely.
4: Yes.
5: No.
6: Yes, i browse every forum regularly.
7: 10. As far as i`m concerned, this is the best fantasy site out there. Probably because the interest i have in the Realms in general.

Edited by - Elfinblade on 27 Mar 2006 03:03:40
Go to Top of Page

thom
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2006 :  18:39:56  Show Profile Send thom a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry I just now read this!

1: 2-3 times per day.
2: Same as above.
3: absolutely.
4: Yes.
5: It's what I live by.
6: Yep, I browse every forum routinely.
7: Elfinblade, you stole the words right out of me mouth!
"10. As far as i`m concerned, this is the best fantasy site out there. Probably because the interest i have in the Realms in general."
Go to Top of Page

Lore Seeker
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 18 Jul 2006 :  13:45:30  Show Profile  Visit Lore Seeker's Homepage Send Lore Seeker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Anything I can do to help in the running of Candlekeep.

1) I visit throughout the day while at work. Probably 3-4 times for a few minutes each time.
2) 1-2 times per week.
3) Yes, I check them everytime I visit.
4) Extremely interested.
5) Yes
6) Yes, those two sections most but I also visit the Chamber of Sages and the Sages of Realmslore.
7) This site and forum are excellent. I give it a 9. The forum is great and very well moderated. The main page graphics are a bit dated and that is why I don't give a perfect score.

"So let it be written.....that I might read it."
Lore Seeker
Go to Top of Page

danifae
Acolyte

Canada
18 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  01:31:15  Show Profile  Visit danifae's Homepage Send danifae a Private Message  Reply with Quote

above the questions, below my answers ;

1) just about once every 2-3 days, sometimes daily.
2) same, I always visit the main site first before clicking the forums.
3) yes, I check it out once in a while
4) aye, I plan on contributing to that as well at some point
5) not really....
6) yes I check out every category when I browse the forum, and inspect interesting looking topics in each [:-)]
7) no site is perfect, so no 10, but a 9 is really well deserved by candlekeep !!
Go to Top of Page

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2006 :  10:05:27  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That I might be of service to Candlekeep...

1) Everytime I am online, that can be once a week to multible times a day.
2) Every now and than.
3) Yes!! Most welcome! I check on them every time!
4) Yes!! Great stuff! Most inspiring!
5) Yes!! Use it with every login!
6) Yes!! I read all topics in all forums if they seem interesting!
7) 10 points - perfect! great bunch of people, great pool of lore, great moderating! Best idea ever to have registered!

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."
Go to Top of Page

silverwizard
Seeker

Greece
76 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2006 :  19:21:35  Show Profile  Visit silverwizard's Homepage Send silverwizard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Here we go:
1) About three times a week
2) Almost never
3) Not really
4) Not really
5) All the time
6) Yes
7) If you mean the forum section, I'd give it a 9. As for the rest of the site, I rarely visit it, so I don't know.
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2006 :  20:04:58  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:

1. Several times a day
2. About once a month if I am not looking for specific information.
3. Yes
4. Yes
5. Yes, always.
6. Yes, I visit all the forums.
7. 8, forums 9.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To: