Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone please read!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

fanatic
Seeker

Austria
34 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2004 :  17:33:04  Show Profile  Visit fanatic's Homepage Send fanatic a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi!

if this topic is still actual, here my answers.

ad1) when i have ebough time, i visit the forum quite often, last moth though i was very busy.

ad2) as often as i visit the forum. i can say that i visit the forums everytime i visit candlekeep.

ad3) i am very interested in everything concerning the fr novels.

ad4) whats official "canon" info?????

ad5) yes, thats how i figure out what is new on candlekeep forums.

ad6) i favour the fr novels forum

ad7) 9

hope my answer is in time.
nun denn
mkkr

even fantasy has its limits
Go to Top of Page

VEDSICA
Senior Scribe

USA
466 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2004 :  23:11:48  Show Profile  Visit VEDSICA's Homepage Send VEDSICA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1)I visit pretty much everyday.Though I might not post anything.I just read sometimes.

2)Same as above.

3)Yes I am interested.Especially updates on upcoming novels.

4)Yes I am interested in Fan-created articles.Also,OFFICIAL "Canon" info is always good.It gives the masses something to discuss.

5)Not really.

6)Novels is my favorite.I also go to Realmslore forums as well.

7)I give it a 9.Nothing is ever a ten.Well unless you have to 5's......Oh never mind.It's a nine for me.

LIFE,BIRTH,BLOOD,DOOM---THE HOLE IN THE GROUND IS COMING ROUND SOON----BLS
Go to Top of Page

aragorn II
Learned Scribe

USA
101 Posts

Posted - 27 Apr 2004 :  18:15:59  Show Profile  Visit aragorn II's Homepage Send aragorn II a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) I visit the forums about twice a week, usually in my third or fourth period class.
2) I visit the Candlekeep website about twice a month, again usually in my third or fourth period class.
3) I am interested in everything on this site. Anything that is canon, that is.
4) The only way that a topic that was not canon would catch my attention would be if it was really, really interesting.
5) No, I do not.
6) Yes, I do visit the other areas of the website, a lot.
7) I rate the Candlekeep forum website a 10!

There can be only one.
Go to Top of Page

Yoshimo
Learned Scribe

88 Posts

Posted - 05 Jun 2004 :  15:06:44  Show Profile  Visit Yoshimo's Homepage Send Yoshimo a Private Message  Reply with Quote

So des na? Yoshimo would be happy to answer your questions. Here goes.

1.) I visit this forum every day I am able to.
2.) I visit the Candlekeep forum about every other day, especially to catch up on the maps that I need for my story and monster backgrounds, especially dragons.
3.) I am interested in most all of these updates, but I have not been able to look through all of them as of yet.
4.) I am interested in the fan works, for some of these members have great minds to which I love to see at work. I even use some of the greater works as inspirational tools.
5.) Honestly, I've only used it eight or nine times.
6.) I check out novels once and a while.
7.) Definatumundo rankin' of 10 *Gasp of the crowd*

May the light of Selune light your path and Olidammara guide your footsteps ~Shadow Thief Motto
Go to Top of Page

Sarelle
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
508 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2004 :  12:00:39  Show Profile  Visit Sarelle's Homepage  Click to see Sarelle's MSN Messenger address Send Sarelle a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting.

1)I visit the forum daily if possible, and sometimes more than once a day.

2)I check out the rest of Candlekeep pretty randomly. But on average probably about twice a week.

3)I generally don't use this site for checking updates to canon, but it is still important for the site to have it, IMO

4)Yes - I really enjoy the fan-articles (including Fellaren-Krae and lists) on the site, as they tend to have an "official" feel to them, and are often very informative. It is one of the best bits about the site

5)Yes - that is how I navigate the forum, generally.

6)Yes, but only as much as the other boards. It is very important we keep the 'novels' board, though, since WotC's decision.

7)Well, I really love this site - it is probably THE best Realms-dedicated site out there, but it, like most things in the world, still has some room for improvement: 8 out of 10.

Chair of the The Rightful Return of Monster Deities to FR Society (RRMDFRS)

My character, drawn by Liodain: Sarelle / Sarelle (smaller)
Go to Top of Page

Thelonius
Senior Scribe

Spain
724 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2004 :  15:25:21  Show Profile  Click to see Thelonius's MSN Messenger address Send Thelonius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
) How often do you visit this forum?

Any time i've got free

2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?

Whenever there are updates

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)

Of course.

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?

Surely

5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?

I couldn't live without it

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?

Yes, i look all the holes i can

7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)

"If you are to truly understand, then you will need the contrast, not adherence to a single ideal." - Kreia
"I THINK I JUST HAD ANOTHER NEAR-RINCEWIND EXPERIENCE"- Discworld's Death frustrated after Rincewind scapes his grasp... again.
"I am death, come for thee" - Nimbul, from Baldur's Gate I just before being badly spanked
Sapientia sola libertas est
Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Learned Scribe

88 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2004 :  06:15:38  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1-as often as im on the net once every 2 days

2-same as 1

3-yes i suppose

4- canon? sorry no know

5-sometimes

6-not really

7- 9

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

Sebastrd
Seeker

28 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  20:38:29  Show Profile  Visit Sebastrd's Homepage Send Sebastrd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Daily
2) Daily
3) Absolutely
4) Always
5) I will now that I know about it
6) Yes
7) 10 - I honestly can't think of anything else I'd want in a FR site.
Go to Top of Page

Capn Charlie
Senior Scribe

USA
418 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  22:29:16  Show Profile  Visit Capn Charlie's Homepage  Click to see Capn Charlie's MSN Messenger address  Send Capn Charlie a Yahoo! Message Send Capn Charlie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

Hi folks

Just wanted to do a bit of a quick survey, this isnt where id normally post a topic such as this but as this is the most popular forum sub-category then I thought it would be the best place to get everyones attention

We Scribes of Candlekeep are just wondering what usage you all get out of this site and the forum, so If you could please take a moment to answer the following questions then it will be a great help to us:

1) How often do you visit this forum?
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?

Thanks for your time.

Ok, I might as well chime in too, though I get eth feelin g this was an "asked and answered" kind of thing a couple years ago, and I love to hear myself talk

1.)When I have the time, most often daily.

2.)Quite infrequently, though I might do so more once I get my connection up enough to download all those nifty things. I loved the farming excel sheet more than just about anything I have ever downloaded.

3.) Some of them, I sometimes link folks to the Sages Magic Shop section these days when they are looking for a supplement to the DMG and PHB. I also like to read through the hall of heroes whenever something new is put in.

4.) Definitely, 100%. My game is not really official, with me having to addstuff people and places as needed, so it makes sense that most other DMs do so as well. Since we do anyway, if I like an unnoficial writeup, why not chuck it into my game? As long as it won't have too many implications, a sleep farming ommunity with a dark secret is one thing, a love child of cyric and mystra being unleashed to destroy the world is quite another.

5.)Always. I love that thing.

6.)I go through all the forums categories. I spend most of my time up in the Inn these days,though.

7.)Solid eight and a half, all the way up to a nine. The only waay you get that coveted perfect ten though is to give me more free stuff. I like free stuff, and if you got together a project for the sourcebook authors who know they will never get to do their web enhancement to do them here... THen you would get my ten.

Shadows of War: Tales of a Mercenary

My first stab at realms fiction, here at candlekeep. Stop on by and tell me what you think.
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1081 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2004 :  23:37:34  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
After having been resident at the site for a while, I thought it might be helpful to come back and answer these questions again.

Several times daily, when I get the chance.

Rarely/Only when a reporting about the updates contains information I'm interested in.

For the most part, no. The forum contains most of the information I'm interested in.

Yes, but not nearly as much. Fan-created articles have, in the past, not been screened for 'consistency' with 'canon,' and I generally expect that Candlekeep should be more than a collection of fan-created fluff that cannot stand even cross-reference to one another*. I have been visiting Candlekeep for several years, and while I appreciate it as a source for unofficial pieces, I find that many times, those pieces are well off the course set by official works. I firmly believe that Candlekeep should be a place not merely to gather items from various campaigns, but to reconcile them into a cohesive whole that can serve as a resource for all FR games.

Constantly. Unless I've been away from the site for an extended period, the "Active Topics" option makes it incredibly simple for me to see what topics have been updated since last I visited, and which topics are entirely new.

Yes.

I am forced to give the site a 6. Its layout has not been changed in years, the 'quaint music' has long since worn my nerves raw, and there are many articles housed here that I take issue with* that have yet to be even scanned for error, much less removed. Pieces which help us document the development of the Realms--especially those which keep track of periodicals, like the Dragon and Dungeon indexes--don't get nearly the support they deserve or we readers need.

The forums get an independent rating of '9.' Its inhabitants are courteous, well-read, and here for the purpose of discussing the Realms in all their facets, which is what I wish to do. Although we sometimes go awry, or delve so deeply that we cannot know we're scratching surfaces intentionally obscured (at least temporarily), the forums are what they are meant to be.

*For those that wrote these articles, please take no offense, for I intend none. Every attempt to forge new Realmslore, whether glorious or fumbling, "accurate" or not, enriches us all. As Ed Greenwood himself has suggested, if a piece of Realmslore is in error, it's not necessarily the author's fault; sometimes, there simply was not enough detail to work from in the first place.
Go to Top of Page

sirkillalotcd
Acolyte

Canada
6 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2004 :  14:43:02  Show Profile  Visit sirkillalotcd's Homepage Send sirkillalotcd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. once a day
2. once a day
3. yes
4. yes
5. no
6. yes
7. 8.5

i just started 3 days a go

sir_kill_alot_cd
Go to Top of Page

brjr2001
Learned Scribe

106 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2004 :  16:51:41  Show Profile  Visit brjr2001's Homepage  Send brjr2001 an AOL message Send brjr2001 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) once a day
2) once a week
3) yes
4) not particularly
5) yes, definitely
6) yes
7) 8

on second thought lets not go to candlekeep it is a silly place
Go to Top of Page

rowwhenn
Acolyte

France
12 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2004 :  13:32:30  Show Profile  Visit rowwhenn's Homepage Send rowwhenn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum ?
once a day (minimum)

once a week

atm , so many things to read and learn on forum , that i can wait

agree with Fibura - it'll be good to see some telechargeable pdf doc.

no atm - just looking burning icon

atm , i'm more on Realmsloreforums

for someone who needs desesperaly to wait a lot more to read or learn official info , cause traduction , i'll put to 9 ...
Something i like too , we don't have -like too many site - some pages with JPEG , and i guess it permits to travel on this site faster .
Go to Top of Page

Jarren Longblade
Seeker

USA
54 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2004 :  04:19:23  Show Profile  Visit Jarren Longblade's Homepage Send Jarren Longblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1 i visit m-f while at work everyday
2 same as above
3 check everytime i visit site
4 Fan created articles is some of the most useful info
5 everytime
6 I try to visit every active topic
7 9 by far the best FR site i have seen

One of the few thing you don't want to hear while deer hunting with your brother-in-law "DUCK"
Go to Top of Page

Talwyn
Learned Scribe

Australia
222 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2004 :  05:35:39  Show Profile  Visit Talwyn's Homepage Send Talwyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I'd thought I'd better put my two copper pices worth down:

1. I visit at least once a day
2. About the same as above
3. Yes, the updates are always useful to know about
4. This was the reason I came to this place of learning, to find out more canon information as well as read fan inspired material.
5. Yes
6. I browse through most of the topics, there is a lot to read.
7. 9.5, it's by far the most active and interesting D&D site I've yet come across. The forums are great and there is always someone who is willing answer any questions regarding realms lore.

Over the centuries, mankind has tried many ways of combating the forces of evil...prayer, fasting, good works and so on.
Up until Doom, no one seemed to have thought about the double-barrel shotgun.
EAT LEADEN DEATH DEMON!
Terry Pratchett

Go to Top of Page

Reefy
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
892 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2004 :  01:06:15  Show Profile  Visit Reefy's Homepage  Click to see Reefy's MSN Messenger address Send Reefy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? Once a day, currently.
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? Once a fortnight probably.
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) Yes, I check out naything that takes my fancy.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? Yes, they can add a lot to the already considerable amounts of lore.
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? I hadn't, but I might just start using it from now on, now I'm aware of its existence.
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? I look at pretty much all of them.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 9.

Life is either daring adventure or nothing.
Go to Top of Page

Wood Elf Ranger
Senior Scribe

USA
627 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2004 :  08:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Wood Elf Ranger's Homepage  Click to see Wood Elf Ranger's MSN Messenger address  Send Wood Elf Ranger a Yahoo! Message Send Wood Elf Ranger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Twice a day
2. Once a week
3. Yes, indeed
4. Very much so
5. All the time
6. Sure do
7. 10 all the way!!!

~Lee N.

"Breaktime yes?!.. Yes?.. Maybe?.. Noo, baaack to work.." -Grovel the Goblin from NWN: HotU
Go to Top of Page

Lysander
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 22 Sep 2004 :  20:18:26  Show Profile  Visit Lysander's Homepage Send Lysander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wood Elf Ranger

1. Twice a day
2. Once a week
3. Yes, indeed
4. Very much so
5. All the time
6. Sure do
7. 10 all the way!!!

1) *poke* "Has it moved yet?" *refresh* *poke*
2) About once a week
3) yes
4) yes
5) Didn't know there was one; I thought the "mark as read/mark all as read" system was a little funny
6) Yes
7) 9

Lysander

Lysander

Defender of the Second Edition
Moderator, Project Gemengan, Worlds of D&D
Go to Top of Page

Silvfana
Seeker

Finland
20 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2004 :  08:38:06  Show Profile  Visit Silvfana's Homepage Send Silvfana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I decidedto put my answer in... Here it goes. Hope it's in time... Almost two years this has been here.

1) Atleast once a day, but not in the weekends
2) About once a week
3) If i find anything interesting
4) Never heard?!?
5) Is there one? So also never heard.
6) Yes
7) 9

And like marked pages in a diary
Everything seemed clean that is unstained
The incoherent talk of ordinary days
Why should we really need to live

Opeth - Ghost of Perdition
Go to Top of Page

Senbar Flay
Learned Scribe

185 Posts

Posted - 29 Oct 2004 :  00:52:32  Show Profile  Visit Senbar Flay's Homepage Send Senbar Flay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello my answers!\

1) I usually stop in at least once a week but if I can i come to check it every day.

2)I visit it about half the times I visist the forum.
3)Yes I like looking at the new things going on unless of corse I REALLY don't like it.
4)Not so much but there are many good ideas so I do look.
5)Sometimes however I like to browse and see what I find interesting.\
6)Indeed including software realmslore welcome to Candlekeep sometimes the Inn and when I have stories Adventuring yay.
7)I give it a 9.7 it is the most active and friendly D&D site i have ever visite the scribes are friendly and lore is in an abundance.

Imagination is more important than knowledge for knowledge is limited imagination encircles the world.- Albert Einstein
Go to Top of Page

Alparon
Seeker

Turkey
67 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2004 :  21:31:36  Show Profile  Visit Alparon's Homepage  Click to see Alparon's MSN Messenger address Send Alparon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1)i visit the forums every night since last week
2)the same
3)might be nice
4)whats canon novel
5)ja
6)truly
7)9.9

I am Cyric, the One and the All, God of Murder and Intrigue, Patron of Deception and Chaos, Prince of Lies, the Dark Sun, rightful Lord of the Dead, Cyric-on-a-stick, and known to some as "the Mad God." I welcome you to The Land of the Dead...
Go to Top of Page

Melfius
Senior Scribe

USA
516 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2004 :  03:07:24  Show Profile  Visit Melfius's Homepage  Send Melfius an AOL message Send Melfius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Daily
Daily
Absolutely
Yes
Yes
Yes

Melfius, Pixie-Priest of Puck - Head Chef, The Faerie Kitchen, Candlekeep Inn
"What's in his pockets, besides me?"
Read a tale of my earlier days! - Happiness Comes in Small Packages
Go to Top of Page

Xysma
Master of Realmslore

USA
1089 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2004 :  15:01:58  Show Profile  Visit Xysma's Homepage Send Xysma a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1)Usually every day, 2-3 times per day
2)Usually once a day
3)Yes
4)Not as much as the "canon", but I am interested.
5)No
6)I usually start with those, but I try to visit as many as possible.
7)10

War to slay, not to fight long and glorious.
Aermhar of the Tangletrees
Year of the Hooded Falcon

Xysma's Gallery
Guide to the Tomes and Tales of the Realms download from Candlekeep
Anthologies and Tales Overviews

Check out my custom action figures, hand-painted miniatures, gaming products, and other stuff on eBay.

Go to Top of Page

Ranin
Learned Scribe

88 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2004 :  17:48:36  Show Profile  Visit Ranin's Homepage Send Ranin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1-whenever my freekin internet works on this hunk o junk
2-same as 1
3-sure
4-i guess
5-yep
6-yep
7-9.9

Listen to the silence of the wilds, in there lies the wisdom of ages.
Go to Top of Page

Schala
Acolyte

9 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2004 :  04:49:08  Show Profile  Visit Schala's Homepage Send Schala a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Well, I'm a lurker who just joined. Counting my lurking days, I've visited it almost everyday for a couple of months.
2) Quite a bit. I enjoy reading the articles and information.
3) Of course. Please do update!
4) Yes. Fans sometimes have the most interesting material.
5) I just joined! I'll tell you later.
6) Yes, I've visited most all of them.
7) 10. Its really great. I love it.

Devoted Follower of Cyric, the One and All.

~Death to all who oppose Cyric. Bow down before his supreme power, and yield to him the blood of those that do not believe in his supremacy. Fear and obey those in authority, but slay those that are weak, of good persuasion, or false prophets. Bring death to those that oppose Cyric's church or make peace, order, and laws, for only Cyric is the true authority.~
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000