Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone please read!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 13

Jalfrez
Seeker

USA
15 Posts

Posted - 22 Feb 2003 :  19:32:07  Show Profile  Visit Jalfrez's Homepage Send Jalfrez a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Multiple times a day.
2. Not as much as the forum.
3.yes
4.both
5.no
6.yes
7.10 greatest Forgotten Realms site ive ever seen(tied with wizards.com)

Millike for all
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  03:36:54  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum?
At first never, but after signing up and participating, once a day now.

2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?
probably once a day

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
I check em out whenever I come here

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
Depending on the subject matter, sure.

5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?
Haven't yet.

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
The first category I went to was the Candlekeep Inn. Very cool that. I love the fact that you have to remain in character! I haven't gone to any others yet, but am planning to in the future.

7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)
Hmmmmm. Probably about an 8 or 9. There is alot of useful stuff here, and it's definitely one of the best sites concerning AD&D on the web that I've come accross. I think the only site that is giving you any competition is PlanetADND.com, although they're a different type of site than you are.

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 20 Mar 2003 :  06:54:12  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has changed a little

1) How often do you visit this forum? -> 3 to 4 times a day
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? -> once a week
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) -> I'm quite hppy now, but if something improves, ... why not
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? ->Yes
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? -> Always
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? -> I visit every sections t an equal 'rate' (english?)
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) -> The site 8 and the forum 10
Go to Top of Page

MidNight
Seeker

Netherlands
43 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  16:43:12  Show Profile  Visit MidNight's Homepage Send MidNight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Coming here more regularly than before, I think it's time for me to answer these questions too, so here it goes!

About two or three times a day

Just as much, because before visiting the forum, I always take a quick glace at the site, too.

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)
Yes, I always am. That's also why I signed up at the Traveling Minstrel so I'm always up to date.

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
Yes.

I haven't found out the proper way to use that function yet. But I always read the topics that have new replies.

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories?
Yes, all of them, expect for the project category.

The site 9, as well as the forum. And they're only getting better and better.

Love magic for itself. Do not treat it just as a weapon to reshape the world to your will. True wisdom is knowing when not to use magic. Strive to use magic less as your powers develop, for often the threat or promise of its use outstrips is actual performance. Magic is an Art, the Gift of the Lady, and those who wield it are privileged it the extreme. Conduct yourself humbly, not proudly, while being mindful of this. Use the Art deftly and efficiently, not carelessly and recklessly. Seek always to learn and create new magic.
Go to Top of Page

Ox
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2003 :  04:53:13  Show Profile  Visit Ox's Homepage Send Ox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1.All of three times so far.
2.All of three times so far.
3.Well, since I've been here all of three times so far, I really have not looked.
4. Certainly.
5. I have not seen that yet, since I've only been here all of three times so far.
6.No
7. From what I have seen so far I like it. I would give it a 9.9999999999998 out of 10, because I have only been here all of three times so far.

Ave Caesar! Morituri te salutamus.
Go to Top of Page

eilinel
Learned Scribe

France
296 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  12:59:58  Show Profile  Visit eilinel's Homepage Send eilinel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? not a lot actually, but i do my best
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? not a lot too since i am more on the forum than on the site
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) yes, some are great
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? why not, it could be interesting anyway
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? yes
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? sure, come on!
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) between 6 and 9 (im hard since i never go on other web sites...)

Go to Top of Page

Aust Grimshadow
Seeker

USA
45 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  13:46:01  Show Profile  Visit Aust Grimshadow's Homepage  Send Aust Grimshadow an AOL message Send Aust Grimshadow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? Everyday at least once, sometimes twice
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? Every now and then, maybe three times a month
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) Most likely i would be, but i usually i dont look, i just go straight to the forum page.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? Canon?
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? Yes
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? All the time.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 8.5-9

"Lies engulf the drow in fear and mistrust, refute friendship at the tip of a Lolth blessed sword. The hatred and ambition fostered by these amoral tenets are the doom of my people, a weakness they perceive as strength. The result is a paralyzing existence that the drow call the edge of readiness." -Drizzt Do'Urden
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2003 :  18:43:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Aust Grimshadow

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? Canon?

Canon means official information, "the truth" as told by Wizards in this case.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Edain Shadowstar
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 23 Apr 2003 :  06:41:23  Show Profile  Visit Edain Shadowstar's Homepage Send Edain Shadowstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1. Once a day at least; twenty three at most.

2. Twice a week.
3. Yes. Some of it is rather interesting, especially new fan created content.
4. Canon, fan created, it's all good.
5. Yes.
6. Yes, quite often in fact.
7. 9.75-9.95 (No one but eBay may recieve the coveted 10)

Edain Shadowstar
Archwizard of Rel Astra and Waterdeep

"Mmm…pie…"
- Gaius Solarian, Captain General
Go to Top of Page

Valius
Acolyte

14 Posts

Posted - 24 Apr 2003 :  01:45:17  Show Profile  Visit Valius's Homepage Send Valius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just started the forums but am a regular visitot to the sit. Ill most likely use the AT button and definetly be checking other placs in the forums. This site is my favorite so I give it a 9.
Go to Top of Page

Savarian
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 25 Apr 2003 :  12:11:52  Show Profile  Visit Savarian's Homepage Send Savarian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just signed on to the forums and am not a frequent forum participant elsewhere either. I would say I visit forums like this about twice a week.

When I want to find something Realms-related that ties in to what I am currently focusing on for my game.

Yes.

After years of online participation I tend to be leary of fan-created material. Some of it is very good and much appreciated, though much also seems focused on what one person considers "kewl". I prefer what might be more conservative material applicable to most games, not just one person's game.

Yes, though like I said I've only recently signed on to the forums here.

Absolutely. "General Chat" is nice, but I am often looking for specifics when I visit this site and others. The other, more focused, forums are more likely to provide what I need.

I would give this site a 7.5 to an 8. Nine+ out of ten indicates something approaching perfection and while this site is very good I don't think it's perfect
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Learned Scribe

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  16:37:34  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::looks at list:: alrighty...

1- i visit as least once a day, if not more
2- i visit whenever i am looking for something more in depth about the realms
3-yes
4-for fan-created things, i like to try to keep to the more specifif things (i am a detail hog)ones with more depth to them
5-truth be told, i've never really used the active topics idea. I shall try to now
6-yes, very often.
7-a 8 1/2, definately.

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 12 May 2003 :  18:14:02  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has changed again

1) How often do you visit this forum? Once a day
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? -> Not often, let say once a month
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) -> Not changed
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? ->Yes
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? -> In my favourites, it directly leads me to the active topics section
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? -> I visit every sections t an equal 'rate' (english?)
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) -> The site 7 and the forum 8

Edited by - zemd on 12 May 2003 18:15:33
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31687 Posts

Posted - 13 May 2003 :  08:08:52  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings,

1 - Three times a day (you never know when someone will need some sage advice).
2 - Three times a week.
3 - Yes. I find fan-created content interesting.
4 - Yes I enjoy both, but have a particular preference to fan-created material. While canon has some good properties that I use regularly, for my campaigns I create most of the information.
5 - In-frequently.
6 - Yes. I visit all forum categories at least once a week.
7 - 9

Good learning...

- The Sage of Perth: For all your Realms Lore needs

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zaknafein
Learned Scribe

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2003 :  04:51:56  Show Profile  Visit Zaknafein's Homepage Send Zaknafein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
apologize for the double post...

1)Everday
2)Everday
3)Yes, I constantly check the novel list to see if you updated any cover arts
4)Not very much..yet
5)No-I check all
6)Yes, but I visit those forums the most
7)a strong 9

Zaknafein Do'Urden: mentor, teacher, friend....To Zak, the one who inspired my courage. -Drizzt Do'Urden

Full plate and packing steel.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 11 Jun 2003 :  16:23:10  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage  Click to see Bookwyrm's MSN Messenger address Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just wanted to go through this again:

Just about every time I'm online. It's my home on the net!

Used to be once a day, now it's less . . . lots of other things I have to do, and the forums take priority over the main sitie for me.

Yes. Lets me know when something interesting pops up.

Of course. I'm making some of it!

To the exclusion of actually clicking on each individual forum, at least for the active topics. If I want to dig up an old one, I can't very well use the Active Topics page, now can I?

Every one of them, except for the Inn (sooo little time ) and I usually skip over the Computer Games section, since I haven't played most of them.

10 x 10

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Mythander
Learned Scribe

USA
121 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2003 :  17:39:27  Show Profile  Visit Mythander's Homepage Send Mythander a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Daily
2) Daily
3) Yes
4) Yes
5) Yes
6)Not yet but I plan to.
7) 9

Wow! That has no saving throw written all over it.
Go to Top of Page

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2003 :  02:15:37  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage  Send Malanthius an AOL message  Send Malanthius a Yahoo! Message Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And the troll answered:

1)Once or twice a day
2)Once or twice a day
3)Haven't quite gotten a chance to look at them yet, still scouring the back shelves...
4)Fan fic is great for fleshing things out...
5) Not really...
6)Yes. Realmslore is fun.
7)13. Definately 13.

"Oh, Do stop whining, It's not the End of the World. It's just the end of Your's."
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2003 :  12:09:21  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage  Click to see MuadDib's MSN Messenger address Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) many time each day
2) never - but i guess i will start now
3) never seen any, so n/a i guess
4) i hope to be, not been relevant yet (not a dm)
5) i never knew there was one "blush: but will now
6) all of them
7) 9 (i like invision boards) but these have better content

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

PathWarden
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2003 :  19:25:29  Show Profile  Visit PathWarden's Homepage Send PathWarden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) 1-3 times per day
2) Daily
3) Yes
4) Definitely
5) Yes
6) Yes
7) 8
Go to Top of Page

Horgesh
Seeker

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 04 Aug 2003 :  00:42:55  Show Profile  Visit Horgesh's Homepage  Send Horgesh an AOL message Send Horgesh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? Twice a Day
Once a Week
Yes
Yes
No
Yes

Battle fever. I am half a man and drunk with slaughter, let them kill me if they can! -George R. R. Martin: A Clash of Kings
Go to Top of Page

Mystery_Man
Senior Scribe

USA
455 Posts

Posted - 07 Aug 2003 :  19:14:38  Show Profile  Visit Mystery_Man's Homepage Send Mystery_Man a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? A few times a day.
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? Once a week or so.
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) Updates are always good.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? Always interested in what people have to say.
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? Didn't think of it.
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? I try to check them all if I have time.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High 8 - I always forget about that midi no the front page and it always scares the bejeebers out of me. :)
Go to Top of Page

Karesch
Learned Scribe

Canada
199 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  13:02:34  Show Profile  Visit Karesch's Homepage  Click to see Karesch's MSN Messenger address Send Karesch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) at least once per day except weekend (I'm not home)
2) usually skim it over at least a couple times per week
3) yes
4) very much so
5) I think I've used it once, I mostly skim through everything, I'm still newish, so I'm reading alot of the old stuff as well as the recent things
6) I visit most of them, if not all.
7) at least a 12

Knowledge is power... power corrupts... knowledge corrupts? hmm...

Death is only frightening to those who haven't died yet...
Go to Top of Page

Canyia
Seeker

63 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2003 :  13:13:45  Show Profile  Visit Canyia's Homepage  Click to see Canyia's MSN Messenger address  Send Canyia a Yahoo! Message Send Canyia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum? A few times a day
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself? Not often
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page) Somewhat
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information? somewhat
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum? alot
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the Products\Novels categories? Yes
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High) 9 the music scares the hell out of me too

Some people say that I'm heartless. They are wrong though,I have the heart of a little girl . . .in a jar on my desk.
Go to Top of Page

DrizzitFan
Seeker

Singapore
26 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2003 :  08:35:55  Show Profile  Visit DrizzitFan's Homepage Send DrizzitFan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everyday since discovering it.

2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?Everyday but not as often as the Forum.

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)Yea.

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?Yea. Some of the fan articles are really good. You go Fans!

5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?Uh... no. But will try to do so in future.

Yea, will browse through for interesting topics.

9.5 for a FR/D&D site, actually its one of my fav sites at present.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 13 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000