Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Everyone please read!
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 11

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2009 :  23:27:46  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) I go through phases where i'll visit it several times a day and then I don't come back for months and then several times a day, etc.
2) The actual site much less often, I haven't tried a lot but my very first impression of the main site was fear and confusion. I tried to navigate it to find something once and I ended up at the forums and this is sort of just where I reside.
3) Like I said above not really used the main site a whole lot so...N/
4) Sounds interesting if I were to ever make it back to the main site.
5) Always, that's how I do, I go to the forums like, main page thing and I click on actives topics to see whats been going on latly and whatnot.
6) If anything catches my fancy, though I'm a pretty light RP'er and haven't read nearly as much as everyone else so I don't often get involved on account of my complete and udder lostness on most subjects. Seeing as I haven't played anything except 4e or read half the books discussed. But like I said if anything catches my attention that at least interests me I'll have a read, if not reply.
7) I think it is great for anything you would ever need to know about fantasy literature, rp'ing, forgotten realms, or just other schools of nerdy thought from swords to video games and etc. So I give it a 9.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2009 :  01:21:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

7) 10! I think we're managing to achieve a constructive and edition-neutral environment after a lot of unpleasantness around the edition change. Kudos to the moderators for their efforts in mitigating said unpleasantness and bringing us around to civil debate after letting people vent (and some of us needed to vent a lot more than others... )
Always a pleasure to hear. And it's nice to see that all the efforts, of both scribes and Moderators, is ensuring a welcome and friendly atmosphere for Realms discussion.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zanan
Senior Scribe

Germany
942 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2009 :  09:42:51  Show Profile  Visit Zanan's Homepage Send Zanan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Daily. (How often do you visit this forum?)
2) Once a month. More often - lately. (How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?)
3) Ever since 4E ruined "my" Realms, yes. See point 4. (Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page))
4) Checking whether someone has written something semi-canonical about the Old Realms, since they are no longer supported by WotC. So a definite yes ... and once I've got more time, I hope to be able to present some of my stuff there too. (Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?)
5) Not that I am aware of. What is it? (Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?)
6) GF, Running the Realms, Products and the Authors' forums (Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories?)
7) At this day and age, 9. (How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High))

Cave quid dicis, quando et cui!

Gæð a wyrd swa hio scel!

In memory of Alura Durshavin.

Visit my "Homepage" to find A Guide to the Drow NPCs of Faerûn, Drow and non-Drow PrC and much more.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2009 :  10:02:31  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zanan

5) Not that I am aware of. What is it? (Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?)
The "Active Topics" function simply shows you, as the scribe, which scrolls have had the most activity since your last visit/log-in.

Go to Top of Page

Lord Necro
Acolyte

18 Posts

Posted - 06 Jan 2010 :  01:18:25  Show Profile  Visit Lord Necro's Homepage Send Lord Necro a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now here's me hoping that this is still required

1) Every day. (How often do you visit this forum?)
2) Lets put it this way: I've been there twice. (How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?)
3) Not really (see no.2) (Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page))
4) Very much yes, I enjoy all of it. (Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?)
5) Quite often. (Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?)
6) Yes, I visit all of them quite frequently. (Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories?)
7) I'd rate it at 9. (How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High))

"Time? time has no meaning to the dead..." ~ Necro Lazerus, Male Moon Elven Shade/Lich.
"Life is but a cloak we wear fleetingly.." ~ Etrius Lazerus, Male Moon Elven Shade.
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2010 :  06:54:34  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) How often do you visit this forum?
3-4 times a week.
2) How often do you visit the Candlekeep site itself?
The same.
3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)

Well, sure.
4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?
Many great features of the worlds were thanks to the dedicated fans of the series, so, certainly, yes
5) Do you use the "Active Topics" function of the forum?

What's that?
6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories?
Yeah! It is fun to learn in ANY ways.
7) How do you rate the site on a scale of 1-10 (1 being Low, 10 being High)
Without questions 10. I haven't been on much sites that would revive such interest in me.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2010 :  07:41:38  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sill Alias

What's that?
Simply look to the upper right hand corner of the forum page, and you'll notice a number of link words under the "Candlekeep Forum" identifier. The fourth link reads 'Active Topics.' Upon opening that link, your browser will simply direct you to a page containing links to the most up-to-date posts made in scrolls/threads active here, since your last visit.

Edited by - The Sage on 19 Mar 2010 07:48:51
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2010 :  12:54:00  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

quote:
Originally posted by Sill Alias

What's that?
Simply look to the upper right hand corner of the forum page, and you'll notice a number of link words under the "Candlekeep Forum" identifier. The fourth link reads 'Active Topics.' Upon opening that link, your browser will simply direct you to a page containing links to the most up-to-date posts made in scrolls/threads active here, since your last visit.

Although, it should be noted that the 'count' of posts is usually off and it's better to click on the arrow next to the last poster to see the most recent posts on the thread. And, before it sounds like I'm complaining, I know that it's an issue that is being looked into correcting with CK2 and the Sage is very good about keeping everything updated. Thank you, Sage!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2010 :  12:56:28  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I live by the active topic "feature".

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep

Edited by - Brimstone on 19 Mar 2010 12:57:24
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2010 :  13:02:23  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Brimstone

I live by the active topic "feature".

Same here. In fact, it's my shortcut link for coming here...

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2010 :  13:32:12  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Exactly...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1072 Posts

Posted - 19 Mar 2010 :  17:56:59  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote

After the poopie 4 edition : only 2 times a weak

None - I have a link to the forum

3) Are you interested in any of the actual site updates (as indicated on the sites Home Page)

Honestly no

4) Are you interested in fan-created articles on the site as well as official "canon" information?

Yes long as its not has anything to do with 4 edition

yes sometimes

6) Do you visit any other forum categories other than this "General Chat" or the ProductsNovels categories?

Sometimes

After 4 edition from a 9 to a 3( 3 now )

Mod edit: Language, please.

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 19 Mar 2010 22:43:34
Go to Top of Page

Jakk
Great Reader

Canada
2165 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2010 :  06:42:05  Show Profile Send Jakk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jakk

1) Daily for quite some time now; I've been lurking until very recently.
2) Daily.
3) Yes, specifically Realmslore with specific dates.
4) With the way the transition to 4E was handled, as far as I'm concerned, there is no official "canon" post-1375, regardless of what the future published material says. This is neither the time nor the place for a detailed rant.
5) All the time.
6) Most of them, depending on what I'm looking for.
7) 10

Seeing as I've been here for a while, I thought my answers could use some updating... and then I looked through them, and honestly the only answers that have changed for me are the first two; my visits to the forum have been sporadic, with long periods of complete absence (due to either work or one big project of my own or another, in every case), and I hardly ever go to the main site page, simply because I have downloaded all of the scribe contributions that interest me, and I feel much the same way as fellow scribe Victor regarding 4E, but my feelings are mostly specific to the 4E Realms. If I weren't spending so much money on Pathfinder, I'd probably pick up the 4E Dark Sun and Eberron settings. With respect to Question 6, then, I would have to say that I now regularly visit almost every category *except* Products/Novels.

Playing in the Realms since the Old Grey Box (1987)... and *still* having fun with material published before 2008, despite the NDA'd lore.

If it's comparable in power with non-magical abilities, it's not magic.

Edited by - Jakk on 18 Apr 2010 06:43:20
Go to Top of Page

Banter Darkdirk
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2011 :  14:27:15  Show Profile Send Banter Darkdirk a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) 3 times per week
2) daily
3) yes
4) yes
5) yes
6) yes
7) 10

Sellsword for hire; sometimes mage...most times thief.

"Stealth and wariness are virtues, as are glibness and the skill to say one thing and mean another, twisting a situation to your advantage."
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2011 :  16:53:02  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

Thanks for your time.

1. every day
2. uh? I've visited the site maybe 2 times
3. as above
4. yay for fan-created articles - some are awesome!
5. no
6. all categories save for RPG Products and Realms Events
7. 8

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Jun 2011 :  19:05:54  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
---Five times a week.

---About 3-5 times a year. [The forum is in my bookmark.]

---No.

---No.

---Yes.

---Yes, quite often.

---7.5 [I wish CK 2.0 will be launched before the end of this quarter!]

Edit: Changed answer to #5. I find it quite helpful these days.

Every beginning has an end.

Edited by - Dennis on 23 Jun 2011 19:08:07
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2011 :  04:11:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sfdragon

7:4
Simply because I'm curious, can you elaborate on why you only rate the site as a "4?"

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2011 :  14:01:35  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I know you're entitled to your own opinion, sfdragon. But isn't that rating too low? Like Sage, I'm also curious...

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

BARDOBARBAROS
Senior Scribe

Greece
581 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2011 :  15:11:02  Show Profile  Visit BARDOBARBAROS's Homepage Send BARDOBARBAROS a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1)Every day ..''Active Topics" it is my homepage
2.three days per week
3. yes
4.yes
5.read 1st answer
6.of course
7. 8

BARDOBARBAROS DOES NOT KILL.
HE DECAPITATES!!!

"The city changes, but the fools within it remain always the same" (Edwin Odesseiron- Baldur's gate 2)
Go to Top of Page

GRYPHON
Senior Scribe

USA
527 Posts

Posted - 25 Jun 2011 :  14:44:58  Show Profile Send GRYPHON a Private Message  Reply with Quote
1) Occasionally.
2) Every day usually.
3) Yes.
4) Yes.
5) Yes.
6) Any that look interesting.
7) 7.
Go to Top of Page

AdamBridger
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
118 Posts

Posted - 14 Aug 2011 :  16:26:04  Show Profile Send AdamBridger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Once or twice a day if i have time.

Once or twice a week.

Yes

Yes

Yes, almost all of the time.

Not so far but i plan to in the future.

7/8 at least.

Anyway I hope this helps.
Go to Top of Page

Marc
Senior Scribe

657 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2011 :  13:50:40  Show Profile Send Marc a Private Message  Reply with Quote

1/3 months

1/year

Yes

Yes

No

Yes

Edited by - Marc on 15 Aug 2011 13:51:35
Go to Top of Page

Wormys_Queue
Acolyte

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2011 :  08:52:54  Show Profile Send Wormys_Queue a Private Message  Reply with Quote

may be a bit too soon to answer that one as I've just returned after quite some time, but at the moment it's at least once per day.

I use it as a springboard to the forum, so see above.

Yes. That's also the reason why I bookmarked the Home Page instead of the forum.

absolutely.

Now that I've learned about it through this questions, I plan to.

In fact I think that I may visit the General Chat for the first time. I find the Realmslore subforum most useful and as there is so much I've yet to read I tend to overlook the other subforums.

I love Candlekeep but as I still hope (Am I naive? Who cares!) that the times return when new material can be created (and published) at this site, I'll give it an 8.
Go to Top of Page

floydtherooster
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2011 :  19:32:36  Show Profile Send floydtherooster a Private Message  Reply with Quote
While I'm not sure if you are still looking for replies to this question, as I finally registered with the website, I figured I might as well try.

1) As I've been getting back into learning more about the lore against recently, quite often when searching for information on subjects that pique my interest. A few times a week lately
2) The same as above
3) I suppose they help, but the forums are probably my main reason for being here
4) Sure
5) I haven't as yet .
6) A little, but not often
7) 9
Go to Top of Page

Wolfhound75
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2011 :  16:00:54  Show Profile Send Wolfhound75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

1. Since I have discovered it, daily.
2. Two or three times per week.
3. Since joining, I've been regularly delving for information.
4. I'm interested in anything I can use for building my campaign, canon, homebrew, speculation, or even just interesting discussion.
5. It's a quick one-click way to catch the topics of the day and find an interesting discussion.
6. I've been watching scrolls from all over in looking for the lore I wish to draw upon for my campaign and just enjoying sharing ideas with other players.
7. Defer to answer until later as I've only been on the site for not quite two weeks.

"Firepower - if it's not working, you're not using enough." ~ Military Proverb

"If at first you do succeed, you must've rolled a natural 20!"
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 09 Dec 2011 :  16:10:01  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wolfhound75

[quote]Originally posted by Candlekeep Webmaster

1. Daily.
2. Daily.
3. Absolutely.
4. Somewhat.
5. I use the Active Topics tab before anything else.
6. I visit many other categories.
7. I would rate this site as an 8.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

stephenslate
Acolyte

24 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2011 :  07:01:17  Show Profile Send stephenslate a Private Message  Reply with Quote
everyday i check the candlekeep but mainly for information about the forgotten realms .
Go to Top of Page

Alruane
Senior Scribe

USA
434 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  02:57:25  Show Profile Send Alruane a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Every day.
Equally as much.
Any of the updates I am aware of? Yes.
Both interest me greatly, it's why I am here.
As much as possible.
Generally I use Adventuring, talking about realm related information, and so on. I go everywhere.

" I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"
~Joneleth Irenicus

"Wisdom? My dear boy, wisdom is knowing that you do not know everything. Wisdom is realizing, a wise man ALWAYS has questions. Not answers."

~Alruane
Go to Top of Page

LordXenophon
Learned Scribe

USA
147 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2013 :  17:18:38  Show Profile Send LordXenophon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

1) Used to be weekly, but now mostly just when someone replies to a subscribed thread or when I need to research something for my campaign.
2) About the same.
3) Yes.
4) Please.
5) No. The most active topics sort to the top on their own.
6) Yes. Most of my posts are under Running the Realms.
7) 9.

Disintegration is in the eye of the Beholder.
Go to Top of Page

The Arcanamach
Master of Realmslore

1842 Posts

Posted - 24 Dec 2013 :  02:28:49  Show Profile Send The Arcanamach a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

1. Usually multiple times/day.
2. Same as above. Isn't this the same question?
3. Yes
4. Yes Yes Yes. Many of CKs contributors are outstanding. And I just realized, CK is what Jimmy calls Clark on Smallville.
5. Yes
6. Yes
7. 10. Not only is the content pretty good, but the moderators do a great job here. I've seen promising sites bomb due to poor moderation and CK has outlasted a number of them (but then CK IS Superman). See how I tied that in there?

I have a dream that one day, all game worlds will exist as one.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 11 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000