Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Neverwinter Help
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

pedro2112
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  03:29:08  Show Profile Send pedro2112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met! First time poster here. I am currently running a 5e campaign in the Neverwinter area. I am using the 4th e Neverwinter campaign guide for inspiration, but also taking into account the end of the spellplague (thank god!) and what I can discern about the sundering (haven't read the books).

In any event, one of the plot lines in our campaign is that Validra Shadowmantle is trying to bring the return of Bhaal to the Realms. I would like to use the ruins of Castle Never, and thought it would be interesting to involve Valindra trying to obtain the bodies of the Neverwinter Nine that are interred in the crypts. I'm trying to figure out what reason she would need the deceased heroes as part of her plan to bring back the Lord of Murder to the Realms. Frankly, my mind is blank at this point. Any ideas from the forum would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.

Pedro2112

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  04:32:42  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Looking at the Forgotten Realms Wiki, I see that one of the Nine murdered his fellows.

Perhaps this person was a secret follower of Bhaal, and he led a sect of followers in Neverwinter. Bhaal gave him a vision of the murder of the Nine, followed by a vision of the Nine rising again and joining with a powerful woman, for the greater glory of Bhaal.

After the leader dies for his crime, the secret followers place powerful magic items and holy relics sacred to Bhaal in each of the bodies, and cast powerful spells over the crypts of the Nine that will protect them during the Spellplague.

Valindra knows she must acquire each of the Nine, or Bhaal's plan to skip the worst of the Spellplague and rise again to visit murder and betrayal on an unsuspecting world will never come to pass.

Hope this helps.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 17 Sep 2015 04:33:59
Go to Top of Page

pedro2112
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  05:49:58  Show Profile Send pedro2112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, yes it does. Thanks!

Pedro2112
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  06:01:40  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by pedro2112

Yes, yes it does. Thanks!

You're welcome. Happy to be of help.

If you have a chance, I hope you'll keep us posted on how your campaign unfolds. Good luck.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  06:16:15  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote

A few things you may or may not be aware of

Bhaal is back there is a early 5th edition module called Murder in Baldur's gate which revolves around his return

Valindra puts in a appearance in the Neverwinter nights MMO

She also puts in an apearance in at least one Drizzt novel

Are you "Married" to the idea of using Bhaal? If not use Myrkul who has also been reborn as a deity in 5ed but we do not as yet know how.

Myrkul unlike Bhaal also has some "anchors" in the Neverwinter area

1) When he died at the end of Time of troubles his essense settled into the Mere of Deadmen

2) Myrkul has a temple off the west coast of the Northern sword coast called the Legacy of the Deep death found by 3 MYrkul liches that can still cast dvine spells.

3) Myrkul lives inside an artifact called the Crown of Horns it was last seen in the hands of a Yuan Ti Lich called Nhyris D'Hothe who is still operating around Skullport as of 1470DR

4) There are 5 2ed edition Dungeon Magazine modules set in the Mere of Deadmen by Eric Boyd that involve Myrkul (the finale is in Dungeon 73 and called the The Eye of Myrkul and Im pretty sure the earlier modules are in editions 69-72

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

pedro2112
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  09:13:43  Show Profile Send pedro2112 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Dargoth, I was not aware of the module Murder in Baldur's Gate. I believe that must have been a playtest mod, and I did not participate in that.

Yes, I am married to Bhaal (well, not literally!), so luckily my Players arent up on the latest lore.

Pedro2112
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000