Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 D&D Core Products
 WotC to Shut Down their Forums
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2015 :  03:29:56  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sad to hear about that they're doing this even if I haven't been on those boards in years. Still, there was many good, and bad, times that I had over on the WOTC boards.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2015 :  04:19:16  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As one of the oldest, still semi-active posters - 14 years now - it's sad that WotC no longer see value in their message boards.

But the FR Forum has been barren for a while now - reflective of WotC's publishing practices IMO - so it's no loss in terms of the Realms. Candlekeep is now probably the last bastion for Realms discussion available to FR fans. EnWorld is too big and unfocused in my view to do that as well as it is done here.

So we should all cherish the 'Keep and continue to make her strong and vibrant. I'm committed to doing just that for as long as possible.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gurgle Gobblespit
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2015 :  22:06:17  Show Profile Send Gurgle Gobblespit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My hope is that with the upcoming release of Sword Coast Adventurers Guide, there will be renewed spark of interest/activity with all things Forgotten Realms. Call me an optimist.

Or a goblin.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 21 Sep 2015 :  22:11:26  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gurgle Gobblespit

My hope is that with the upcoming release of Sword Coast Adventurers Guide, there will be renewed spark of interest/activity with all things Forgotten Realms. Call me an optimist.

Or a goblin.

That's my hope as well.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2015 :  05:14:03  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Speaking of things WotC has shut down are any of the old archives to realmslore articles still available? Every link I can find even from some fairly recent posts just point to the DnD homepage now.

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page

JohnLynch
Learned Scribe

Australia
243 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2015 :  07:54:37  Show Profile Send JohnLynch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perlmugp

Speaking of things WotC has shut down are any of the old archives to realmslore articles still available? Every link I can find even from some fairly recent posts just point to the DnD homepage now.

Return to Undermountain is still accessible as is several links from there.

Not that I'm currently looking at all sources of Undermountain and using them to create an Ur-Undermountain set in 1489 DR

DM of the Realms: A blog for my Forgotten Realms adventures.
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
69 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2015 :  11:32:17  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you. I'm going to back those up while they still work. Do you by any chance know where the "Tribes of Thar" article might be?

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2015 :  05:02:11  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by perlmugp

WotC has a horrible habit of rearranging the website periodically, and they never update the links to old material -- they just shuffle it somewhere else and forget about it. I know of content on the WotC site that was uploaded circa 2000, with all the links to it changed a year or two later -- but it's still there, if you know the URL to find it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000