Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Connecting the 3ed to 5ed realms through novels
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  05:45:57  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic

Anyone got any suggestions for novels series that will take me into Sundering/5ed era from spellplague/3ed era?

The obvious choice is Drizzt but having just reread all the Drizzts novels from the Dark elf trilogy up to the "Kings trilogy" and books 1-5 of WOSQ and now starting on Book 6 Im begining to suffer from "Drow overload" (I may try and cast Flamestrike the next time I see a spider running up the wall)

Ideally Im looking for something with anchors in 3ed and anchors in the Sundering.

Thoughts? Suggestions?

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  05:55:55  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bury Elminster Deep, Elminster Enraged and Elminster Must Die, followed by The Herald and Spellstorm will get you most of the way there.

Not sure what novel or novels would be a good starting point in 3E, but the ones I suggested give a good lay of the land with regard to magic in the post-Spellplague Realms, and carry the reader through the Sunderng without getting bogged down by it.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  06:52:23  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

Bury Elminster Deep, Elminster Enraged and Elminster Must Die, followed by The Herald and Spellstorm will get you most of the way there.

Not sure what novel or novels would be a good starting point in 3E, but the ones I suggested give a good lay of the land with regard to magic in the post-Spellplague Realms, and carry the reader through the Sunderng without getting bogged down by it.

Paul Kemp seems to have written a "Conclusion" to the Ervis Cale series (which Im pretty sure I have all of them except for the one in the Sundering series)although it doesnt look like he wrone much FR stuff during the 4ed era (at least going off the FR Wiki)

Im looking at Erin Evans novels as a possiblity even without the 3ed connection theres seems to be a few novels and one of them is part of the Sundering story and there are novels set after it

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000