Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Out of the Abyss question
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2015 :  06:21:12  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

One interesting thing I noticed while he was showing off the Libarby chapter

The Spider Mage from the old Menzo boxset has his house name revealed OBLODRA the Psioncist house from Siege of Darkness

Theres also a reference to an NPC called Vizran Devir (related to the house in the first Drizzt novel and Viconia from the Baldursgate CRPGs)

Say what??? That's a nice bit of lore. We've seen since the Companions returned that RAS is doing some very intriguing things in Menzoberranzan. I don't see any reason to randomly reveal that the Spider Mage is an Oblodran, unless RAS is about to feature him in a novel. It would make perfect sense too, that the Spider Mage would appear right when the Lolth blessed matriarchy is on the verge of collapse. Oh, how I would enjoy reading that!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2015 :  06:40:49  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Jeremy Grenemyer

quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

and now for the question i ask with some trepidation...... About Zuggmoy and the Fungus under the high forest....How Cheesey is the "wedding" thing? (fingers crossed its more a Demonic binding ritual then an actual wedding)

It isn't a wedding, it's a binding/joining of sorts.

Well thats good to hear

If I was writing where Jalynfein Oblodra might be in the 1490s Id says hes a spider face free Dark elf (not drow) High Mage living in Rhymanthiin.

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page