Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Software
 Sword Coast Legends: What are you going to play?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  16:26:41  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried looking up gods names in the Sword Coast Legends wiki, trying to see who gets referenced items.
http://swordcoastlegends.wiki.fextralife.com

The wiki is basically empty, though, and many of the items that you listed are missing. However there are various referenced items. Eilistraee, Lolth and Lathander get cloaks dedicated to them, for example.

What kind of info do the deities entries list? Can you find in-game books that talk about cities, characters and so on (like in Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights)?

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.

Edited by - Irennan on 25 Oct 2015 16:33:36
Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2015 :  05:25:36  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

I tried looking up gods names in the Sword Coast Legends wiki, trying to see who gets referenced items.
http://swordcoastlegends.wiki.fextralife.com

The wiki is basically empty, though, and many of the items that you listed are missing. However there are various referenced items. Eilistraee, Lolth and Lathander get cloaks dedicated to them, for example.

What kind of info do the deities entries list? Can you find in-game books that talk about cities, characters and so on (like in Baldur's Gate or Neverwinter Nights)?

Deity entry is very basic, with usually nothing more than a few short sentences spelling out what the deity is a deity of.

This game does not have books the way BG and NWN had books (that were crammed with lore vignettes). The books in this game are largely quest flavor, in that they may be journals relevant to a quest or are skill increase items. Even they have generally no more than a short paragraph or two of exposition. There is a puzzle in the game involving books but they (in my view) are generally uninteresting excerpts from a history of a knight's life (to retrieve a couple of his items that were hidden away).

This game isn't a trove of lore (even recycled lore). Items like Zzar, Elminster's Choice, god statues, Cormyrian and Netherese coins, etc are peppered throughout as mostly useless items to give the game something to recognizably tie it to the Realms. There are no detailed histories like BG or in NWN. The closest you will get is the fairly comprehensive liquor selection available by the bartenders, each of which has a sufficient description to identify what it is and where it is consumed.

The main campaign dispenses with lore to focus on the crisis at hand. With respect to that, there is scarcely any uncovering of history other than about the founding of the guild your character is a default member of.

Edit: There is an item that references in its description that the type of items are sold by Aurora's Whole Realms. I find that exciting. AWR is up there with my Costco membership :D

Edited by - Veritas on 27 Oct 2015 14:54:59
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 27 Oct 2015 :  21:33:17  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the info. It's a shame that they didn't use the opportunity to enrich the game with some hidden lore nuggets, I really loved those book that you could find around in the NWN and BG games. They also made more curious about the FR as a world, even if I didn't actually get into it until a few years after I played the games.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2015 :  20:29:53  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Everybodys favorite race will be playable on the 40th of November and Tieflings will be playable when the Rage of Demons expansion comes out

Halloween Update: "The Pumpkin Patch": October 30th

New "Liars' Night" themed area and placeables in the spirit of Halloween
Cemetery DM location with over 35 new placeable objects and new player gear
Screen nudge with mouse (toggled option)
Players will now be able to move the camera by nudging the edges of the screen. The WASD keys and the middle mouse button will still work the way
they currently do.
Auto-heal at Adventurer's Camp
When entering the adventurer's camp, the party will heal any damage previously taken.
DM collect quests will display "x of x found" on the HUD
Hotkey added to re-center camera on player
Doubled the max length for DM quest conversation text
Added the option to lock your cursor to the window
Bug fixes

Community Pack 1: Week of November 9th

Companion-Specific Skill Trees Unlocked for Players
Existing unique companion skill trees will become available to players
Nature Set
New outdoor area cleared and ready for customization with over 150 new placeable nature objects for DMs.
Ability Respec
Characters wishing to forget their prior training will be able to do so. All character points will be refunded, allowing players to change builds or
reselect their characters' abilities.
Player Stash
Players will be able to store additional items within their own personal stash.
Skill Rolls
Players will be able to use ability rolls that take their character's bonuses into account. For instance, characters will be able to specifically make a
"Strength" roll and have their Strength modifier automatically added to the roll.
Increased Number of Available Monster Abilities
Custom creatures will have additional monster abilities available to them.
Bug fixes and additional community feedback items as time allows

Community Pack 2: Week of November 30th

Address concerns with ninja looting in multi-player games
New Playable Sub-race: Drow Elves (including access to Darkness and Faerie Fire abilities)
DM-placeable visual effects (fire, smoke, etc.)
Revisions and improvements to the rules for death, party wipe, and stabilize, including new options for players that want more challenge
Village area and village-related placeable objects for DMs to use in their modules
Ability to give ambient text to NPCs on select
Ability for DMs to change the randomized interiors of every tile
Lock/unlock locations on all quest states (give/update/complete)

Community Pack 3: December

Official introduction of mod support, including
Tile based level editor
Branching dialog editor
Adjustable game systems, ex: round timer, loot tables, etc.
Community facing development of these features to begin immediately
Option to disable monster level scaling in DM campaigns

Rage of Demons: Coming Soon

Return to the Underdark in this all-new adventure taking place as part of D&D's "Rage of Demons" storyline, featuring the legendary outcast drow Drizzt Do'Urden and some of the deadliest enemies ever to terrify Faerűn.
New Rage of Demons tile sets and placeable objects
New playable race: Tieflings
New creatures available for DMs
New Playable class based on community input
Allow player-created characters as companions in story mode
Enable players to control their characters' movement with the WASD keys

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2015 :  20:56:59  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

Everybodys favorite race will be playable on the 40th of November

Thirty days hath September, April, June, and November... Hmm, something's not right here...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2015 :  21:20:45  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Thirty days hath September, April, June, and November... Hmm, something's not right here...

DMs progative

Its my Campaign and November will have as many days as I want it to have ! :-p

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2015 :  05:11:24  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

DMs progative

Its my Campaign and November will have as many days as I want it to have ! :-p

I accept this response, sir!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000