Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Realms Secretariat down?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2015 :  20:41:21  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I've been trying to access the Realms Secretariat and have had no luck.

Anybody heard anything on why the website is down and when it will be back up and running?

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2015 :  20:46:31  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The page won't load. Last time I've tried acessing the page, two days ago, it was working fine.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2015 :  21:09:14  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Link for those who've never seen it: https://www.realmssecretariat.com/unofficial-history/

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 21 Aug 2015 :  21:59:38  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't know for certain, but I think the site may be migrating.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2015 :  04:50:13  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I understand that it is being updated. I've got something new going up soon.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2015 :  08:05:25  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

If it's as good as the last one I think I might die

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2015 :  08:44:57  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

-- George Krashos

If it's as good as the last one I think I might die

Much smaller in scope, but intended to 'fix' one small little reference that has bugged me for years and came up in conversation here at the Keep earlier in the year. It doesn't all have to be about gods, powerful entities and world-spanning events - WotC I am not.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6350 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2015 :  09:11:12  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We'll whether it's world shattering or a day in the life of a common man makes no difference to me, I am dead against god nonsense anyway. Whatever it is I'm sure it'll be awesome.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2376 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2015 :  04:44:35  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's not just you! http://www.realmssecretariat.com looks down from here. 

- www.realmssecretariat.com" target="_blank">http://www.downforeveryoneorjustme.com/www.realmssecretariat.com

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch

Edited by - TBeholder on 24 Aug 2015 13:30:28
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2015 :  11:33:57  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm having trouble to reach the for the fans page :-/

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2015 :  06:03:16  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's working for me, at the moment. Just thought I'd let everyone know.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 25 Dec 2015 :  21:13:28  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes, it works for me as well. Thanks for letting us know.

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 26 Dec 2015 :  02:49:43  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hopefully there'll be some new content soon. I have to drop Ed an e-mail.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

The Hooded One
Lady Herald of Realmslore

5056 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2015 :  18:31:17  Show Profile  Visit The Hooded One's Homepage Send The Hooded One a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi! Ed tells me YES, it's coming back, and yes, it's migrating. TEGG (The Ed Greenwood Group) has grown so rapidly in scope (podcasts, online content and radio, games, et al) that the tech end is struggling to keep up, and that means putting out the biggest fires first. It will be a "fan" non-canon unofficial Realms trove...as soon as it can be.
love to all,
THO
Go to Top of Page

TBeholder
Great Reader

2376 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2018 :  18:03:30  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now all the sites are down and theedgreenwoodgroup.com only shows "Account Suspended".
The only thing from The Ed Greenwood Group found is a Facehug group, with last post from 18 April and still "www.theedgreenwoodgroup.com" given as its site.
@TheEdVerse on Twitter still pumps on, but also points to the same site.
What goes on?

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2018 :  23:48:19  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ed has had to re-adjust his personal IP strategy and direction and that is an ongoing process at the moment. Timeframe not yet sorted.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 06 Nov 2020 :  22:43:08  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

Any chance that you are aware of any updates on this? I was over at http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=20200&whichpage=1 (Ed's Unofficial History of the Realms) and it ultimately led me here as well with some searching.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2020 :  14:32:52  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am not aware of any changes in the current status of Ed’s website.

— George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2020 :  17:00:58  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Krashos,

Well, here is to that eventually taking hold. I've noticed a moderate amount of discussion about it from times past, and was hoping some secret bit of knowledge came your way about it.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

HardKano
Learned Scribe

Canada
158 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2020 :  14:01:41  Show Profile  Visit HardKano's Homepage Send HardKano a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm sad to notice it too. i took a pause of 6 years on doing my FR novels collection. Got 2 sons meanwhile ... was hell out busy with them lol. I started back a 2 months ago. I'm close to complete it. Around 30 unique novels left and about 90 including all editions possible. Own over 300 novels.

I have 1 ED book signed, The Herald, and i would appreciated to get more.

There is only one thing that will never change : Evolution

Edited by - HardKano on 23 Nov 2020 14:11:07
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6638 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2020 :  20:25:34  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by HardKano

I'm sad to notice it too. i took a pause of 6 years on doing my FR novels collection. Got 2 sons meanwhile ... was hell out busy with them lol. I started back a 2 months ago. I'm close to complete it. Around 30 unique novels left and about 90 including all editions possible. Own over 300 novels.

I have 1 ED book signed, The Herald, and i would appreciated to get more.

Ed is contactable on Twitter (@TheEdVerse) and can organise book signing through that medium.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 23 Nov 2020 :  22:37:28  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Learned Scribe HardKano,

quote:

Congratulations on the two boys! :) I just got my first son 2.5 years ago (the rest are girls, and I of course love them just as much!).

That is an epic amount of reading it sounds like over the last two months!

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000