Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Not so dead gods........
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

Cyrinishad
Learned Scribe

300 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2015 :  23:35:50  Show Profile Send Cyrinishad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart

I can't believe they just made Amaunator and Lathander one and the same, operating under an alias. We seemingly have the Garth Brooks/Chris Gaines in him. That makes me tired, somehow.

I liked the 2E book Faiths and Pantheons that mentioned his body floating around in the Astral Plane. I also was one that enjoyed the Baldur's Gate game where you dealt with him and learned about him. I used all of that, along with an artifact sword that I made, to enact his return and knock Lathander down in status.

Right on, Joran. That's the kind of thing that makes me just think that although Lathander may be related to Amaunator, this is just another layer of intrigue to make people wonder about Lathander's motivations...

It makes me wonder if Lathander, Tyr, and Sune actually came out of the Supreme Throne as themselves after "imprisoning" Cyric... Or maybe they were each corrupted in some way, and Lathander's claims about being Amaunator are just a delusion caused by Cyric?

I know, I know, this a just a lot of wild speculation, and heretical ramblings... But considering my profile name & picture, what else can you expect?

To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. -Socrates

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2015 :  23:51:05  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Heh, I always enjoy discussions here at Candlekeep with all of you!

Out of curiosity Wooly, what about Amaunator frustrates you or cause you to like him less than Lathander?

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2015 :  01:01:27  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Out of curiosity Wooly, what about Amaunator frustrates you or cause you to like him less than Lathander?

It's a combination of things. One is that I really, really like Lathander. Another is that I've never liked the tripartite sun deity idea - I don't see how different times of the day need divine representation. I seriously dislike that idea, actually. And even ignoring the redundancy, there is nothing about Amaunator that appeals to me.

I don't dislike Amaunator. I just don't want him connected to or replacing Lathander.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2015 :  03:37:22  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

It's a combination of things. One is that I really, really like Lathander. Another is that I've never liked the tripartite sun deity idea - I don't see how different times of the day need divine representation. I seriously dislike that idea, actually. And even ignoring the redundancy, there is nothing about Amaunator that appeals to me.

I don't dislike Amaunator. I just don't want him connected to or replacing Lathander.

I can understand that, actually. I never liked the idea either, and I tend to ignore it. Deity of the sun only needs one person in charge of it and it shouldn't be broken up into parts. It would be like having different phases of the moon with different goddesses. Oddly, that kind of reminds me of the Return to the Keep on the Borderlands module. Opal, I think the cleric's name was, acted differently depending on the phase of the moon. It has been years since I thought of that adventure... It was the first thing I ever attempted to DM.

Just so you know, when I run for people other than my usual group, I tend to use the canon version of the Realms that is available in the books, and quickly go over parts that everyone likes to change before we play. I have found it simplifies things rather than having to go over all my version of the Realms changes. Does that make any sense? I hope that it does...

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2015 :  05:23:54  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cyrinishad

[ But considering my profile name & picture, what else can you expect?

Ive actually thought of a rather interesting camapign idea featuring your name sake

Set in 5ed era

Due to Cyrics absents the magic on the Cyrinishad has decayed and it no longer automaticly converts everyone who reads it. Instead it causes madness in those around it. (using the Madness rules in Out of the Abyss)

Insanity breaks out in Candlekeep where the Cyrinishad is hidden in a warded vault and Malik el Sami yn Nasser manages to break into Candlekeep and steal it, He then teleports to the ruins of Zhentil keep where Cyric was born and starts a perverted pilgrimage retracing Cyrics mortal life from Zhentil Keep to the the Frost Giant cave, to Arabel to Shadowdale to Scardale to Tantras to High Horn to the Boareskyr Bridge and then to Waterdeep to the Realm of the Dead to the Supreme Throne.

Cyrinshad (Artifact)

Will ressurect its bearer 4 times (one for each deity Cyric claims to have killed in the Cyrinshad) and telport them to the next point in the Pilgrimage.

Area affects

The Cyrinshad causes madness in people within 100 metres of it and also causes a wild magic zone in the same area effecting both Arcane and Divine magic

The Cyrinshad gains power with the more people in drives to madness. The DM needs to keep track of how many days the Crycishad is present in a populated area as it doubles its area of effect everytime it levels up (havent decided on a rule system for that)

If Malik el Sami yn Nasser manages to get to the Supreme throne with the Cyrinshad then the wild magic effect causes Cyrics Prison wards to fail allowing him to escape. Cyric returns as a demi god.

If the PCs manage to get a hold of the Cyrinshad they need to find a way to destroy it, it will continue to cause wild magic and madness until it is destroyed. The Cyrinshiad can be destroyed by burning it along with the remains of Valigan Thirdborn a deity of Anarchy killed by Tyr somewhere in the Vilhon reach.......

“I am the King of Rome, and above grammar”

Emperor Sigismund

"Its good to be the King!"

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

WarriorPrincess
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2015 :  05:43:29  Show Profile Send WarriorPrincess a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Finding Leira in the new PHB was a very "Well, duh!" moment for me - she's a Goddess of Tricking People, who honestly believed she died without clear evidence being presented? That's like when the main character "dies" off screen and comes back at the end to say something cheesy.

It was also refreshing to see they ditched the "Well, not TECHNICALLY a deity" crap for Eldath, because only having deities around that provide obvious villains or patrons for violent heroes is bland and obnoxious and any setting can provide that sort of simple mindedness.

The real question is, when is someone going to take advantage of how perfect Garagos is and have him go on a rampage again? He's the perfect Patron of Murder-hobos, after all!
Go to Top of Page

Cyrinishad
Learned Scribe

300 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2015 :  14:03:08  Show Profile Send Cyrinishad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's a great idea Dargoth, I dig it... As far as leveling up the Cyrinishad, you could just simplify it by having it level up when it's converted that many new people, plus the # of times it has used the resurrection.
It starts at level 1 because it has Malik, then needs 2 more to get to level 2, then 3 more after that to get to level 3, etc. So, something like this:

Level 1 = 1 convert
Level 2 = 3 total converts
Level 3 = 6 total converts
Level 4 = 10 total converts
Level 5 = 15 total converts
...and so on, and if you don't put a level cap on the progression, theoretically the radius of effect could start encompassing entire nations.

...If you wanted to be really nefarious, you could require the characters to actually die while under the effect of the Cyrinishad (after completing all the previous steps) in order to travel to the Realm of the Dead, and subsequently have their souls access the Supreme Throne (since Cyric would be their patron deity at that point)... Which suggests that maybe the only way to ensure Cyric remains imprisoned is for their souls ultimately become imprisoned on the Supreme Throne as well...

To know, is to know that you know nothing. That is the meaning of true knowledge. -Socrates

Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened. -Dr. Seuss
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2015 :  14:08:23  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

...If you wanted to be really nefarious, you could require the characters to actually die while under the effect of the Cyrinishad (after completing all the previous steps) in order to travel to the Realm of the Dead, and subsequently have their souls access the Supreme Throne (since Cyric would be their patron deity at that point)... Which suggests that maybe the only way to ensure Cyric remains imprisoned is for their souls ultimately become imprisoned on the Supreme Throne as well...

Wow, that's just evil. I don't envy your players

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 10 Sep 2015 :  14:49:28  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I like Lathander, but I feel the same way about him that many people have come to feel about Shar and Lolth. He's overused.

1) In the Twilight War Trilogy, it was nice not to have Mystra usurp Selune's place as Shar's archrival. But then Lathander does it!

2) In The Reaver (Sundering book 3), the endless flooding caused by Umberlee is destroying Turmish, and the Emerald Enclave (devoted to Silvanus and other nature deities) has to stop it. So a Chosen of Lathander comes along, cures the insane one, and helps them stop it.

3) In the Threat from the Sea trilogy, a Chosen of Latander destroys the giant shark demigod easily (very anti-climactic battle) at the end.

Lathander seems to be the secondary go to good deity, after Mystra, and he ends up getting injected in battles that would more logically suit other gods. I hated how Silvanus and Mielikki were seemingly unable to fix the issues in the Emerald Enclave, instead relying on Lathander to do it.
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2015 :  07:10:23  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

That's a great idea Dargoth, I dig it... As far as leveling up the Cyrinishad, you could just simplify it by having it level up when it's converted that many new people, plus the # of times it has used the resurrection.
It starts at level 1 because it has Malik, then needs 2 more to get to level 2, then 3 more after that to get to level 3, etc. So, something like this:

Level 1 = 1 convert
Level 2 = 3 total converts
Level 3 = 6 total converts
Level 4 = 10 total converts
Level 5 = 15 total converts
...and so on, and if you don't put a level cap on the progression, theoretically the radius of effect could start encompassing entire nations.

Im thinking of using my idea for the Cyrinishiad as a campaign for Sword Coast legends starting in Candlekeep. (Ill have to wait till the weekend till I get my hands on the Early access DMs tools to see what feasiable) One thing Im going to try and do is recreate candlekeep using BG1 as a template

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 16 Sep 2015 :  18:55:44  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As a Lathander fan, I too prefer him to be a separate deity from Amaunataur.

At the end of the day, I am just glad all the deities are back. The Spellplague killed off way too many of them.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  15:00:32  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Faerun needs more Moander.
Go to Top of Page

Gurgle Gobblespit
Acolyte

USA
27 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  16:27:41  Show Profile Send Gurgle Gobblespit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all,

Regarding Mask…. if I'm reading correctly, he was labeled an "Evil" (I think NE) deity during 4th Edition. But in my 5th Edition PHB, he is listed as Chaotic Neutral.

Come to think of it, the CN alignment does make more sense since he is the deity most associated with thieves? The assumption here is that not all thieves are evil. But that a vast majority of thieves are simply opportunistic Neutrals. And Chaotic (anti-establishment, anti-law, anti-order) also makes sense. Hence, Chaotic Neutral deity of thievery, trickery, deceit, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  16:34:45  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gurgle Gobblespit

Hi all,

Regarding Mask…. if I'm reading correctly, he was labeled an "Evil" (I think NE) deity during 4th Edition. But in my 5th Edition PHB, he is listed as Chaotic Neutral.

Come to think of it, the CN alignment does make more sense since he is the deity most associated with thieves? The assumption here is that not all thieves are evil. But that a vast majority of thieves are simply opportunistic Neutrals. And Chaotic (anti-establishment, anti-law, anti-order) also makes sense. Hence, Chaotic Neutral deity of thievery, trickery, deceit, etc.

I like the CN alignment for Mask. Seems more fitting.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  16:38:18  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi all,

It makes sense to me as well (especially if you consider thieves that act like Robin Hood). I hope that they do the same for Vhaeraun (even if it would be more arguable for him), especially since he spent some time joined with his sister Eilistraee, and his followers have been cooperating with hers for a time. The drow pantheon would then cover the full good-evil spectrum: CE Lolth, CN Vhaeraun and CG Eilistraee.

Edited by - Irennan on 17 Sep 2015 16:38:47
Go to Top of Page

Lilianviaten
Senior Scribe

489 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  17:03:57  Show Profile Send Lilianviaten a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hi all,

I agree, and I think the Twilight War trilogy lays out an excellent explanation for the change in alignment. Originally, Mask was granted power by Shar to act as one of her heralds (very reminiscent of Galactus and Silver Surfer). So I think that original taint is what made Mask a Neutral Evil deity. I see his rebellion against her as indicative of the fact that he's interested in being a Neutral deity. And it's noteworthy that Erevis Cale and Drasek Riven were Evil aligned before they became followers of Mask, and both were dragged into Neutral alignment while in service to him.

What intrigues me is where Mask subsumed Riven in the same way that Lolth subsumed Danifae at the end of WOTSQ, or if Mask perhaps has made Riven his exarch or even returned Riven to mortal life (as was the case with Cale). Hopefully we find out in a sourcebook, or Ed tells us, since it doesn't appear that Kemp will be writing for FR anytime soon.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  17:10:40  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lilianviaten

quote:

Hi all,

I agree, and I think the Twilight War trilogy lays out an excellent explanation for the change in alignment. Originally, Mask was granted power by Shar to act as one of her heralds (very reminiscent of Galactus and Silver Surfer). So I think that original taint is what made Mask a Neutral Evil deity. I see his rebellion against her as indicative of the fact that he's interested in being a Neutral deity. And it's noteworthy that Erevis Cale and Drasek Riven were Evil aligned before they became followers of Mask, and both were dragged into Neutral alignment while in service to him.

What intrigues me is where Mask subsumed Riven in the same way that Lolth subsumed Danifae at the end of WOTSQ, or if Mask perhaps has made Riven his exarch or even returned Riven to mortal life (as was the case with Cale). Hopefully we find out in a sourcebook, or Ed tells us, since it doesn't appear that Kemp will be writing for FR anytime soon.

I was under the impression that Riven basically became Mask. Or was Mask just reborn through the shards of his power being gathered in Riven?

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  17:31:21  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Veritas

Faerun needs more Moander.

This.

Surely the Spellplague and Sundering kicked up enough magical, planar and divine energy to wake up a sliver of sentience in this otherwise dead god.

Maybe that's how Cormyr--or at least the Obarskyr line--is destroyed once and for all? An Obarskyr becomes a priest of Moander and creates a sickness that only kills off those of the blood Obarskyr. As the deaths mount, the deity gets stronger and eventually takes over the kingdom.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 17 Sep 2015 17:32:21
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  17:46:59  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Always loved reading about Moander. Great name too!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 17 Sep 2015 :  21:56:32  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree about Mask being CN. I too was under the impression Riven sort of became Mask, but at the end of th Twilight War, he suggested to Magadon that Mask wasn't truly dead. Maybe Riven took Mask into himself. Not exactly like with what happened with Mystra and Midnight, but along similar lines.

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2015 :  01:01:14  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

I hope they bring back Moander.

That would be cool.

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 19 Sep 2015 :  03:54:12  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
leave moander gone thankyou.

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2015 :  16:10:31  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by WarriorPrincess

Finding Leira in the new PHB was a very "Well, duh!" moment for me - she's a Goddess of Tricking People, who honestly believed she died without clear evidence being presented? That's like when the main character "dies" off screen and comes back at the end to say something cheesy.

Agreeing here, though my problem is I come up with about 15 different stories of what she was doing and can't settle on one.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2015 :  16:38:56  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

quote:
Originally posted by WarriorPrincess

Agreeing here, though my problem is I come up with about 15 different stories of what she was doing and can't settle on one.

Well, we do have clear evidence she was dead... But I like the idea that the entire Cyrinishad debacle was either a final plot of hers, or otherwise led to her return.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2015 :  02:36:18  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember reading some where that Eilistraee, Vhaeraun and Helm where trapped in the Rememants of the weave during the 4ed era and only got out when Mystra was reborn during the Sundering?

Is this correct or was it some ones hombrew?

If true where they the only 3 god trapped or where their others?

Also if someone could quote the source that would be great tks! :-p

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2015 :  02:46:11  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dargoth

I remember reading some where that Eilistraee, Vhaeraun and Helm where trapped in the Rememants of the weave during the 4ed era and only got out when Mystra was reborn during the Sundering?

In Spellstorm, it is said that Mystra is currently sharing the Weave with other deities (some weakened), and that Eilistraee is among them. Nothing has been said about Vhaeraun, except that he returned and -like his sister- directly appeared to his followers (he's also supposed to have a chosen, but then everyone and their granny had/was a chosen during the Sundering, so...). It isn't clear if Eilistraee was hiding in the Weave before the Sundering (and I've seen nothing that leads me to think that). *Perhaps* the SCAG will have a line or two that clarify on the return of the twins.

AFAIK, Helm used the same trick as Mystra's, and hid in a goat.

Edited by - Irennan on 01 Oct 2015 02:47:52
Go to Top of Page

Dargoth
Great Reader

Australia
4607 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2015 :  02:54:15  Show Profile  Visit Dargoth's Homepage Send Dargoth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:

In Spellstorm, it is said that Mystra is currently sharing the Weave with other deities (some weakened), and that Eilistraee is among them. Nothing has been said about Vhaeraun, except that he returned and -like his sister- directly appeared to his followers. It isn't clear if Eilistraee was hiding in the Weave before the Sundering (and I've seen nothing that leads me to think that). *Perhaps* the SCAG will have a line or two that clarify on their return. AFAIK, Helm used the same trick as Mystra's, and hid in a goat.

Theres a couple of very good reasons why Eilistraee might have ended up in the weave after all shes tied to magic in at least 2 ways

1) Her father is the elven god of magic

2) She died while possessing Qilue a Chosen of Mystra and she may have been dragged into the weave along with Qilues soul

Its a pity about Helm not being in the weave Ive had some ideas that would have fanned out more easily if he had been in the wave

Emperor Sigismund

Mel Brooks
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2015 :  03:16:08  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

In Spellstorm, it is said that Mystra is currently sharing the Weave with other deities (some weakened), and that Eilistraee is among them. Nothing has been said about Vhaeraun, except that he returned and -like his sister- directly appeared to his followers. It isn't clear if Eilistraee was hiding in the Weave before the Sundering (and I've seen nothing that leads me to think that). *Perhaps* the SCAG will have a line or two that clarify on their return. AFAIK, Helm used the same trick as Mystra's, and hid in a goat.

Theres a couple of very good reasons why Eilistraee might have ended up in the weave after all shes tied to magic in at least 2 ways

1) Her father is the elven god of magic

2) She died while possessing Qilue a Chosen of Mystra and she may have been dragged into the weave along with Qilues soul

Its a pity about Helm not being in the weave Ive had some ideas that would have fanned out more easily if he had been in the wave

Yeah, perhaps (and that would have dragged Vhaeraun as well, since they were joined at the time), but I meant to say that I've read nothing new that points to Eilistraee hiding in the Weave. In Spellstorm Mystra is *sharing* the Weave with Eilistraee, among others, and according to what Ed said, she just reappeared (the details of *how* she managed to, will be revealed in the fullness of time).

Edited by - Irennan on 01 Oct 2015 03:18:42
Go to Top of Page

Veritas
Learned Scribe

209 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2015 :  04:30:38  Show Profile  Visit Veritas's Homepage Send Veritas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
the details of *how* she managed to, will be revealed in the fullness of time

I wouldn't count on it.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 01 Oct 2015 :  04:41:51  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Veritas

quote:
the details of *how* she managed to, will be revealed in the fullness of time

I wouldn't count on it.

I know, they're acting as if LP had never happened (which isn't that bad IMO). Hope dies last, though: even a nod to what Brian James and Eric Menge wrote would be cool (and they already have the material, so it would cost them nothing), or perhaps Ed will briefly adress this in his future novels (he has the habit of doing this kind of stuff).

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000