Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 elven language
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  14:28:33  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well met all!!! Would like to know if anyone would know how to translate the words: FIRST BOW into the elven dialect. I've looked over the elven dictionary (3x) and couldn't find them. (Reason why I'm asking is I've just gotten my first olympic recurve target bow.) Any suggestions would be great. Thanks!!
Also, to all who are going to GEN-CON...have a GREAT!, WONDERFUL!, and FANTASTIC!, time!!!

Barastir
Master of Realmslore

Brazil
1600 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  17:46:29  Show Profile Send Barastir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By guessing and using two different canonic (or pseudo-canonic) sources, one actual dictionary and other a name guide, I'd put the name "Kaerash". But this guess is totally non-canon, and most probably inaccurate.

"Goodness is not a natural state, but must be
fought for to be attained and maintained.
Lead by example.
Let your deeds speak your intentions.
Goodness radiated from the heart."

The Paladin's Virtues, excerpt from the "Quentin's Monograph"
(by Ed Greenwood)

Edited by - Barastir on 28 Jul 2015 17:48:29
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6645 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  17:54:04  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Oddly enough, it appears that the word "bow" hasn't appeared in any of the elven lore provided for the Realms. Best to send a query Ed's way in the Chamber of Sages.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

mikie
Seeker

USA
73 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  22:17:15  Show Profile Send mikie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks George! I'll do that. But, with GEN-CON going on it may be a few days.
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

Oddly enough, it appears that the word "bow" hasn't appeared in any of the elven lore provided for the Realms. Best to send a query Ed's way in the Chamber of Sages.

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000