Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Books about Harpers
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Portuguese D. Ace
Seeker

Italy
82 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2015 :  10:33:28  Show Profile Send Portuguese D. Ace a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Fellow scribes, I would like to ask your help... Is there online a complete list of all books about Harpers?

I began reading all of Elminster's books (I'm currently reading the temptation) and.. Suddenly - I believe at the end of Elminster in myth drannor it mentions Harpers, berdusk, Twilight hall... Etc.

It occurred to me that i didn't read anything about Harpers (save for the night parade).

When I look online I find only the Harper's series.

I would like to know about Harpers books about storm, El, mirt, etc...

Is there a list somewhere?

Thank you for your help

Please, bring back the Realms. I'm really fed up with the Sword Coast.

===== Since English is not my first language, I pre-emptively apologize for any (grammar) mistake that has been made in my post. In order to help me improve my English, please, point out those mistakes (If you could do it politely, it would be even better!). Thanks! =====

TBeholder
Great Reader

2378 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2015 :  22:55:47  Show Profile Send TBeholder a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Portuguese D. Ace

Fellow scribes, I would like to ask your help... Is there online a complete list of all books about Harpers?

I began reading all of Elminster's books (I'm currently reading the temptation) and.. Suddenly - I believe at the end of Elminster in myth drannor it mentions Harpers, berdusk, Twilight hall... Etc.

It occurred to me that i didn't read anything about Harpers (save for the night parade).

Novels are listed here: The Harpers.
Game books - The Code of the Harpers (TSR#9390), The Seven Sisters (TSR#9475) and Cloak & Dagger (TSR#11627).

People never wonder How the world goes round -Helloween
And even I make no pretense Of having more than common sense -R.W.Wood
It's not good, Eric. It's a gazebo. -Ed Whitchurch
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 24 Jul 2015 :  00:38:50  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some other books that have Harper characters:

Elminster's Daughter
Silverfall

Might have Harpers IIRC:

Spellfire, Hand of Fire
Lost Library of Cormanthyr

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Firestorm
Senior Scribe

Canada
826 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2015 :  03:49:38  Show Profile Send Firestorm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Thank you for your help

It can kind of get Murky. A LOT of older books have Harper action even if they are not part of the Harper series.

Azure Bonds for example.
Go to Top of Page

sagechan
Acolyte

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 25 Jul 2015 :  05:35:52  Show Profile Send sagechan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Also for newer harpers Erin M Evans gets into them in her Brimstone Angels series (4e/5e era harpers) I always felt Elaine Cunningham's books were best place to start early Harper stories.
Go to Top of Page

Portuguese D. Ace
Seeker

Italy
82 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  22:10:22  Show Profile Send Portuguese D. Ace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Firestorm

quote:

Thank you for your help

It can kind of get Murky. A LOT of older books have Harper action even if they are not part of the Harper series.

Azure Bonds for example.

thank you all for your help.
i knew about the harper series. my main question was about books out of the Harpers series.

specifically: where does the Moneylender come from? is there a series about him, or storm, or other famous harpers?

i know that things get murky... but that's what scrolls and fellow scribes are for, right? ;D

PS: i already read Brimstone angels (i love it...) and i'm waiting to see how dhal and the "new harpers" develop...

Please, bring back the Realms. I'm really fed up with the Sword Coast.

===== Since English is not my first language, I pre-emptively apologize for any (grammar) mistake that has been made in my post. In order to help me improve my English, please, point out those mistakes (If you could do it politely, it would be even better!). Thanks! =====

Edited by - Portuguese D. Ace on 30 Jul 2015 22:11:21
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2015 :  02:07:37  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Crown of Fire has a lot of Mirt the Moneylender in it.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000