Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms RPG Products
 Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide.
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 17

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  02:57:34  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Its not just Sharess that's left out, but most of the demigods. That's very disappointing, they were supposed to bring the Pantheons back, not dump the demigods.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  03:11:15  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gyor

Its not just Sharess that's left out, but most of the demigods. That's very disappointing, they were supposed to bring the Pantheons back, not dump the demigods.

I understand your disappointment, but they obviously didn't kill off or dump Sharess or other exarchs/demigods that were known to be alive pre-Sundering.

Everything in that book seems to be bare-bone, save for the Sword Coast section (I don't know how detailed it is).

Mathematics is the art of giving the same name to different things.
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  03:19:41  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Meh, I wish they'd put meat on the bare bones

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  03:25:26  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Meh, I wish they'd put meat on the bare bones

I wish too, but I'm losing hope for any lore that goes beyond the very essential.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  06:15:41  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've removed a post from this thread. While I understand that people are already sharing content from the book in various ways, I should prefer that we not link to anything from the book unless it's something from WotC. I prefer to keep the collective backside covered.

Of course, discussing content and even posting properly attributed snippets of text is fine -- I'm just not comfortable with pictures of pages and such from 3rd party sources.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 24 Oct 2015 06:16:14
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  14:01:45  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

I've removed a post from this thread. While I understand that people are already sharing content from the book in various ways, I should prefer that we not link to anything from the book unless it's something from WotC. I prefer to keep the collective backside covered.

Of course, discussing content and even posting properly attributed snippets of text is fine -- I'm just not comfortable with pictures of pages and such from 3rd party sources.

Sorry Wooly, didn't mean to cause any potential troubles. May the map still be shared, or would it be better not to?

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  16:33:31  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Irennan

quote:

Sorry Wooly, didn't mean to cause any potential troubles. May the map still be shared, or would it be better not to?

Mike Schley said on Twitter the other day that he'd be making the big map available on his site Monday. I'm not sure if he meant as a print ordigital download, but either way it'll be a WotC sanctioned image. If Wooly isn't comfortable with the map being shared via screen shot/photo now, you'll have a legitimate link to share then. I'll try and stay on top of things and share the link as soon as I see it.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus

Edited by - Delwa on 24 Oct 2015 16:45:45
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  16:39:54  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

Mike Schley said on Twitter the other day that he'd be making the big map available on his site Monday. I'm not sure if he meant as a print or digital download, but either way it'll be a WotC sanctioned image. If Wooly isn't comfortable with the map being shared via screen shot/photo now, you'll have a legitimate link to share then. I'll try and stay on top of things and share the link as soon as I see it.

Ok, thank you Delwa.

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  17:14:39  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

quote:

quote:

Mike Schley said on Twitter the other day that he'd be making the big map available on his site Monday. I'm not sure if he meant as a print ordigital download, but either way it'll be a WotC sanctioned image. If Wooly isn't comfortable with the map being shared via screen shot/photo now, you'll have a legitimate link to share then. I'll try and stay on top of things and share the link as soon as I see it.

That works.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  22:33:26  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

I understand your disappointment, but they obviously didn't kill off or dump Sharess or other exarchs/demigods that were known to be alive pre-Sundering.

Everything in that book seems to be bare-bone, save for the Sword Coast section (I don't know how detailed it is).

Just curious, you could be right, but why do you day that.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  22:48:36  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Just curious, you could be right, but why do you day that.

Because:
1)It is stated nowhere that the demigods were killed during the Sundering.
2)We know that at least 2 demigods, Selvetarm and Kiaransalee, have been restored. So restoring them and removing other demigods would make no sense whatsoever.
3)We know that the full Mulhorandi pantheon, probably including Bast, are now demigods ruling their land.
4)It would be a way to alienate more fans, while ganining nothing.
5)Almost every god that received significant lore/appearances since the ToT has been restored. From what I've gathered, few gods didn't make into that list. Sharess is one, but she's known to be alive, she could be included, as Bast, under the Mulhorandi gods, who were included in the book (also, as you say, Erin Evans mentions her, even if I don't recall in what context). I'm worried for Velsharoon and Savras, since they don't seem to appear anywhere in the book.

Edited by - Irennan on 24 Oct 2015 23:05:40
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  23:30:53  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Spoiler alert

She was mentioned when Farideh was looking up the Symbol on a War Wizards soul that would show what God had Chosen, Sharess was one of the Gods she compared the symbol too. The Wizard was the Chosen of Azuth.
Go to Top of Page

Gyor
Master of Realmslore

1621 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2015 :  23:32:32  Show Profile Send Gyor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I guess I'll just assume she's hanging out in Mulhorand for now.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  00:37:02  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Does anyone else feel this way?

Nope. Haven't read the book yet.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  20:06:15  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What was said in ''The Reaver'' about Lathander and Amaunator being the same seems to no longer be valid.

quote:
Each Faerunian deity has a 3-4 paragraph blurb describing them, both are their own things. Amaunators talks about how he is the god of law and the sun, that he is seen as a stern and unforgiving god, not unlike Silvanus, also talking how people will swear oaths, sign contracts, and declaring laws under the light of the sun in veneration to him. It does mention that he has died and been reborn time and again.

Lathander is described as the god of spring, youth, vitality, renewal, and it specifically mentions that he is not a god of the sun but of the dawn, which is the start of a new day filled with potential.

Also, they are not described as being related, in any way.

EDIT: Thinking about it, the part about Amaunator having died and been reborn time and again, could refer to when Lathander took over, and that he currently answers to prayers directed to both Amaunator and Lathander.

Edited by - Irennan on 25 Oct 2015 20:12:06
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  20:26:01  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here's the Duergar preview http://www.enworld.org/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=71411&d=1445801276

Go to Top of Page

Gambit
Learned Scribe

110 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  21:31:44  Show Profile Send Gambit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have the book in front of me, you guys ask me anything you want, lore or crunch.
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  21:58:20  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gambit

I have the book in front of me, you guys ask me anything you want, lore or crunch.

Any updates about the Moonshaes & Evermeet?
Go to Top of Page

Gambit
Learned Scribe

110 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  22:03:14  Show Profile Send Gambit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I'm looking at both the 3E FRCS and SCAG right now, here is a breakdown of the Faerunian pantheon demigod deities (those who had a "D" next to their name in the FRCS) who both made the new book and those who were left out.

Included:
Gwaeron Windstrom
Hoar
Jergal
Red Knight
Sarvas
Valkur

Not included:
Finder Wyvernspur
Garagos
Gargauth
Lurue (though she is mentioned in the Mielikki section)
Nobanion
Sharess
Shiallia
Siamorphe
Ulutiu
Velsharoon

Edited by - Gambit on 25 Oct 2015 22:56:48
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  22:03:41  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Since I want to finish updating this page: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Eilistraee,

does the book say if Eilistraee is considered a demipower or a lesser power post-Sundering, what her divine realm and portfolio are?

Go to Top of Page

Gambit
Learned Scribe

110 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  22:18:05  Show Profile Send Gambit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

quote:

Any updates about the Moonshaes & Evermeet?

Both receive about a page and a half breakdown.

I honestly dont know much about the Moonshaes, it has never been a particular draw for myself within the setting, so I am therefore unaware of its status during 4E and what would have changed. It talks about the Fflok and the Northlanders, and the individual islands.

For Evermeet, basically it's back. It is whispered that it now straddles the 3 realms of Faerun, the Feywild, and Avandor, that it touches them all, but exists fully in none of them. To find it you must follow a pattern of stars until the stars change and then follow new stars.

Edited by - Gambit on 25 Oct 2015 23:20:04
Go to Top of Page

Gambit
Learned Scribe

110 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  22:24:20  Show Profile Send Gambit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Since I want to finish updating this page: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Eilistraee,

does the book say if Eilistraee is considered a demipower or a lesser power post-Sundering, what her divine realm and portfolio are?

Gods aren't given official rank classifications. Here everything for her listing.

Eilistraee, CG goddess of song and moonlight.
Light and nature domains.
Symbol: Sword-wielding dancing drow female silhouetted against the full moon.

It seems only main "portfolios" are given in the list. For example, on the table it lists Lathander as the god of dawn and renewal, but under his multi paragraph description entry, it says he is "The god of spring, birth, and renewal, a deity of conception, vitality, youth, renewal, and self-perfection. He is not a god of the sun but of the dawn".

Overall things aren't super hard codified with regards to small details.

Edited by - Gambit on 25 Oct 2015 22:35:12
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  22:30:47  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Gods aren't given official rank classifications. Here everything for her listing.

Eilistraee, CG goddess of song and moonlight.
Light and nature domains.
Symbol: Sword-wielding dancing drow female silhouetted against the full moon.

So her portfolio has been reduced to song and moonlight? Or does it list more in her description under the race section re. the drow? Thanks for looking.

Go to Top of Page

Gambit
Learned Scribe

110 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  22:33:47  Show Profile Send Gambit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I edited my previous post because I thought you might ask that, you just beat me to a follow up question. :P
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  22:38:44  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I edited my previous post because I thought you might ask that, you just beat me to a follow up question. :P

Yes, I saw. But I don't get what you mean with super hard codified. Does it mean that no other portfolio beyond those two is mentioned in the other description (which I've been told should be in chapter 3).

Go to Top of Page

Gambit
Learned Scribe

110 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  22:51:48  Show Profile Send Gambit a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just looked, and here is her small blurb in the elven religion section.

"Some drow exiles have heard the song of Eilistraee, urging them out onto the surface to behold the moon as it rises. The drow goddess of song, beauty, swordwork, hunting, and moonlight, she is the patron of drow who reject the evils of their society, offering them light and hope."

That's all there is on her in the entire book.
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  22:53:50  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Just looked, and here is her small blurb in the elven religion section.

"Some drow exiles have heard the song of Eilistraee, urging them out onto the surface to behold the moon as it rises. The drow goddess of song, beauty, swordwork, hunting, and moonlight, she is the patron of drow who reject the evils of their society, offering them light and hope."

That's all there is on her in the entire book.

Thanks. So she has indeed lost the portfolio of Dance. Well, that's weird

Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  23:29:13  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I honestly dont know much about the Moonshaes, it has never been a particular draw for myself within the setting, so I am therefore unaware of its status during 4E and what would have changed. It talks about the Fflok and the Northlanders, and the individual islands.

Thanks for your quick reply. Anything specifically about the realm of Sarifal on the island of Gwynneth?
Go to Top of Page

CorellonsDevout
Great Reader

USA
2708 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  23:54:08  Show Profile Send CorellonsDevout a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sucks that that is all we get for Eilistraee? What about Vhaeraun? And what does it say about Myth Drannor since Shade fell on it?

Sweet water and light laughter
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
3802 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2015 :  23:58:42  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by CorellonsDevout

Sucks that that is all we get for Eilistraee? What about Vhaeraun? And what does it say about Myth Drannor since Shade fell on it?

If you look at the Dwarven gods in the preview that I linked, they get even less. Even Moradin seem to get about as much as Eilistraee, or less. Seems like that non human deities have just been included/restored in the current pantheon and then *briefly* described.

Human deities get something like 3-4 small pragraphs each, as far as I understand.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 17 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000