Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 My maps
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 14

tehguitarist
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2018 :  13:40:25  Show Profile Send tehguitarist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey man,

Love your maps!! Did you ever release the full version with kara-tur and everything? The preview from years back has me itching!
Go to Top of Page

Divinity
Acolyte

USA
13 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2018 :  21:26:54  Show Profile Send Divinity a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey Markustay,
Reading through the last page, you mentioned the process you were going through for making your maps. Wooly commented about making layers in separate files: this is actually how I'm doing my current map. I did all the land textures in one file (3.5gb - though that includes a lot of map overlays to see where places are.) and I'm doing all the location labeling in a second. I'll probably have to do the land area naming in a third because this second map is 4.75gb with 800 layers and I'm about halfway done.
Anyways... I 'visual stamp' the land map, duplicate it into my second map, put it as my base layer and label over it. Every time I see a change, I go back to the land map, make the change, then replace the base layer on the second map. It's the first map I've done like this because it's so big but it seems to be working very well. I thought I'd throw that out there! I'm happy to answer any questions if you have them.

-Craig
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
5339 Posts

Posted - 02 Dec 2018 :  04:21:50  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That sounds brilliant Craig. Will we Candlekeepers ever get to see the fruits of your labours?

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 14 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2018 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000