Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Shaundakul
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 20 May 2015 :  15:12:03  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
YOU can do whatever you want for your own games/homebrew variant. Thats the beauty of FR.

And I think we are just splitting hairs at this point; Suppose Aumantor felt his power slipping from him (after losing a monumental number of worshipers). He may have tried to fix things by 'reinventing' himself, but events may have gotten away from him. It could be that he never planned to actually be 'reborn' as Lathander, but rather, only meant to put a new spin on himself for new believers, and something went awry.

Whether he did it on purpose or by accident, we know the end result (mostly), and either way works. Both sets of beliefs could work in the Realms, for us (fans), and also for the folk that live there (different sects within the religion). As it is, we already have the major schism of whether Aumanator and Lathander are even the same being. I personally don't think they are (we which means I'd have to re-work a lot of what I've been saying in this thread). I still prefer the theory that there are three 'Sun Gods', and that Jergal is/was 'the Dusk Lord'.

Selūne, BTW, should technically be a fourth 'Sun' god - she sheds the light (left behind by the sun) when the other three aren't showing. Maybe she holds the light left-behind by the lost '1st sun'.

I love these kinds of conversations.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11719 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2015 :  14:27:32  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Markustay

YOU can do whatever you want for your own games/homebrew variant. Thats the beauty of FR.

And I think we are just splitting hairs at this point; Suppose Aumantor felt his power slipping from him (after losing a monumental number of worshipers). He may have tried to fix things by 'reinventing' himself, but events may have gotten away from him. It could be that he never planned to actually be 'reborn' as Lathander, but rather, only meant to put a new spin on himself for new believers, and something went awry.

Whether he did it on purpose or by accident, we know the end result (mostly), and either way works. Both sets of beliefs could work in the Realms, for us (fans), and also for the folk that live there (different sects within the religion). As it is, we already have the major schism of whether Aumanator and Lathander are even the same being. I personally don't think they are (we which means I'd have to re-work a lot of what I've been saying in this thread). I still prefer the theory that there are three 'Sun Gods', and that Jergal is/was 'the Dusk Lord'.

Selūne, BTW, should technically be a fourth 'Sun' god - she sheds the light (left behind by the sun) when the other three aren't showing. Maybe she holds the light left-behind by the lost '1st sun'.

I love these kinds of conversations.

I would like to stress I like the idea of Selune and the sun being tied. She is the "reflection" of the sun. She's also supposedly the one that BROUGHT the sun. So perhaps her growing more "good" and separating from her sister is because she was reflecting the sun and thereby slowly absorbing its "life-giving" nature.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000