Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Travel time from Nesme to Longsaddle on horses?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2015 :  18:05:18  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
A user on the WotC forums is asking what the travel time is from Nesme to Longsaddle on horses.

My books are all packed away so I'm kinda useless. Can somebody help this guy out?

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 30 Apr 2015 18:05:57

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 30 Apr 2015 :  20:14:03  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well I looked in all the North books I could think of and couldn't find any travel times stated explicitly, which means using the map and the scale to work out the distance and then calculate the travel time using the information in the 1e campaign setting.

However Nesme is situated on the edge of the Evermoors and the only roads lead down through Mornbryn's Shield to Yartar and then back up towards Longsaddle, which is a long winded way of getting there.

Going cross country takes you across the River Surbrin and a bunch of other rivers, which are probably huge, wide, deep, cold, fast rivers that you wouldn't want to cross on horse (not like the tamed rivers we have today). Then you have to negotiate a bunch of hills with more rivers and then pass right through Shining White, which is an ancestor mound of the Uthgardt. The Uthgardt are not going to let you anywhere near their mound (which probably explains why there is no road connecting Nesme and Longsaddle).

In which case its probably easiest to get a barge down the river to Yartar, and then get by on horses back up to Longsaddle. The quickest way however might be to ride to Silverymoon and teleport to Longsaddle using the Perfectone Mercantile company.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page