Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Anyone here play the Neverwinter MMO?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2015 :  20:47:42  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I have a quick question for anyone who plays the Neverwinter MMO.

I've gone to Arc and tried to purchase some Zen but the Neverwinter game isn't in the selection for games you have to choose.

Does anyone know what's going on? I don't want to choose a random game and then find out I can only use the Zen for that particular game.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

*I endorse everything Dark Wizard says*.

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2015 :  22:22:44  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was a glitch earlier today with the Zen market. It was supposed to have been resolved, but I've not been on today to know what's going on in detail.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2015 :  22:54:08  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's still not showing up on the list of games and servers.

“Fantasy is escapist, and that is its glory. If a soldier is imprisioned by the enemy, don't we consider it his duty to escape?. . .If we value the freedom of mind and soul, if we're partisans of liberty, then it's our plain duty to escape, and to take as many people with us as we can!”
#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Darkheyr
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2015 :  23:29:05  Show Profile  Visit Darkheyr's Homepage Send Darkheyr a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Didn't they use their own Neverwinter-specific currency? Been a while since I played.

silm.pw - A Neverwinter Nights Persistent World
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2015 :  23:37:29  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darkheyr

Didn't they use their own Neverwinter-specific currency? Been a while since I played.

Whenever you click on the "buy more Zen" icon in the game, it takes you to the Arc website. When you click on "charge" you can then choose which plan and how to pay. Whenever I choose Paypal it asks you to choose a game title and a server. Neverwinter isn't listed.

#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2015 :  23:40:32  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
They do, but they also use Zen that you can pay real money for.
Shadowsoul, have you tried following the buy Zen links from inside the game?

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2015 :  23:43:45  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowsoul

quote:

Whenever you click on the "buy more Zen" icon in the game, it takes you to the Arc website. When you click on "charge" you can then choose which plan and how to pay. Whenever I choose Paypal it asks you to choose a game title and a server. Neverwinter isn't listed.

I'll see if I can duplicate the problem when I get home after work and tonight's PF game.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  00:06:09  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Delwa

quote:

quote:

I'll see if I can duplicate the problem when I get home after work and tonight's PF game.

Cheers.

#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  04:25:07  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Cheers.

Hopped on, and I wasn't able to duplicate the issue within the game. If I am in Neverwinter, and I go to the Zen Market, I can purchase Zen using my Steam account easily enough.

However, when I go to the Arc website and try to purchase Zen using Paypal, I also don't get Neverwinter as an option.

I tried a quick search of the Neverwinter forums, but didn't find anything addressing this.

- Delwa Aunglor

Edited by - Delwa on 14 Apr 2015 04:25:56
Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  19:44:49  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

Cheers.

Hopped on, and I wasn't able to duplicate the issue within the game. If I am in Neverwinter, and I go to the Zen Market, I can purchase Zen using my Steam account easily enough.

However, when I go to the Arc website and try to purchase Zen using Paypal, I also don't get Neverwinter as an option.

I tried a quick search of the Neverwinter forums, but didn't find anything addressing this.

I have searched everywhere and even asked in the game about it and nobody can tell me anything.

#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  19:54:04  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Do you have Arc installed? Because I just went there, and I'm able to select the Neverwinter game through Arc, but when I do the same thing via Chrome, I encounter the problem you describe.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  21:03:13  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Do you have Arc installed? Because I just went there, and I'm able to select the Neverwinter game through Arc, but when I do the same thing via Chrome, I encounter the problem you describe.

Yeah I have it installed and it's not coming up. I don't understand the problem.

#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  21:39:41  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I got it to work. I created the account before Arc so I needed to use my old Cryptic account.

#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2015 :  22:34:08  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I got it to work. I created the account before Arc so I needed to use my old Cryptic account.

Glad to hear it sorted out!

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page

Shadowsoul
Senior Scribe

Ireland
705 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2015 :  18:05:05  Show Profile Send Shadowsoul a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Strange.

PW just gave me a refund of the money I paid for the Zen through PayPal.

I wonder why?

#8213; J.R.R. Tolkien

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2015 :  20:25:18  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Huh... never had that happen. I have been using Google Wallet primarily though.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000