Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Neverwinter, Post-Sundering
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Baptor
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2015 :  04:28:05  Show Profile  Visit Baptor's Homepage Send Baptor a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does anyone know anything about the state of Neverwinter post-Sundering?

I know some of the Sundering novels took place around the city, and someone told me Laeral Arunsun is now queen of Neverwinter?

Anyone know if the Chasm is sealed or if the city is still in a struggle for survival?

Jesus said, "I am the Ressurection and the Life. Anyone who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and those who live and believe in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2015 :  11:55:47  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Laeral is Open Lord of Waterdeep as per the Tyranny of Dragons series.
As far as I know, Dagult Neverember is now the Lord Protector of Neverwinter, and no longer a factor in Waterdeep.
I've not heard anything about the chasm being filled. The only chasm filling I recall from the Sundering novels was over by the Great Rift.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2015 :  00:00:58  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The only post-Sundering info available about Neverwinter is directly related to the MMO and that game cleaves very closely to the WotC campaigns.

The Cult of the Dragon was ransacking tombs in Neverdeath but then they started fighting among themselves as Severin's faction started asserting itself. The cult was looking for the burial place of Belast Messandar, an adventurer whose corpse they plan on using Speak with Dead spells on to find the tomb of the barbarian Cruven Gantara which contains a portal to Tuern. Characters end up being sent to Icewind Dale where the portal is buried and then, once they get to Tuern, they manage to foil the Cult's plan but then Elminster shows up and warns that Tiamat is about to be summoned bodily into Faerun and gathers adventurers to the Well of Dragons to stop her (i.e. they take part in the final battle from the PnP Rise of Tiamat module).

The Elemental Evil campaign was delayed until the 7th of April but I think it mostly takes place outside of the city again.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Baptor
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2015 :  04:07:48  Show Profile  Visit Baptor's Homepage Send Baptor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Interesting.

So the Underchasm was filled eh? Did the books ever talk about other geographical anomalies that the Sundering is changing? Are the plaguelands gone? Are the Aberian nations returning to Abeir and the lost Faerunian ones coming back?

Jesus said, "I am the Ressurection and the Life. Anyone who believes in Me will live even if he dies, and those who live and believe in Me will never die. Do you believe this?"
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2015 :  13:40:15  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I know some of the Plaguelands are gone. I can't remember if all of them are, I'm away from books, but I think that it was implied that they were all going away.
It was also mentioned/rumored that the earth motes were crashing. I'm vague as to whether it was a fall of Netheril type crash, or a slowly losing altitude like a balloon crash, or a mix of the two depending on which mote.

- Delwa Aunglor

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2015 :  17:39:32  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Earthmotes did indeed fall from the sky - not sure how fast but some of them were forced to fall by Chauntea, while others apparently fell on their own.

Abeir reseparated, PRESUMABLY restoring the old lands they replaced. The process caused earthquakes and volcanic eruptions though.

A year long rain refilled the Sea of Fallen Stars and presumably caused quite a bit of lowland flooding.

Couldn't tell you about all the Plaguelands but the biggest ones are gone for sure.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Baptor
Seeker

USA
93 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2015 :  04:45:07  Show Profile  Visit Baptor's Homepage Send Baptor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool.

I am really wanting to run post-Sundering games, but for now I'm stuck to the Sword Coast knowing most there hasn't changed. I'm really eager for at the very least an updated map or better yet a campaign guide.

However nothing is forthcoming from WotC so there is no telling how long I will have to wait for this so I am trying to glean what I can until then.

Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 30 Mar 2015 :  15:24:18  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd suggest poking around the wiki for the Neverwinter MMO. It will at least give you an idea of some of the changes. Just read some of the different quest articles there. It's not 100% canon, but it gives you a rough idea.

- Delwa Aunglor

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000