Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Private Academies in Waterdeep
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2015 :  04:53:13  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Seeing as my forum search has turned up nothing more than what I have found in Elminster's Forgotten Reams, and my collection of sourcebooks for Waterdeep seem to have nothing at all, I figured I'd ask my fellow scribes. Besides the 1 academy mentioned in Elminster's Forgotten Realms (Mother Tamra's House of Graces in Castle Ward), are there other "schools" in Waterdeep where a person can learn manners, caring for one's self (including keeping clothing looking good and personal care), social maneuvers (dancing, etiquette, etc.), and other necessary skills for the upper classes or those who wish to emulate the nobles?

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?

Marco Volo
Learned Scribe

France
201 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2015 :  09:02:24  Show Profile Send Marco Volo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't recall any other in official Reamslore but I can be wrong. Maybe it's a question for Ed : http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?whichpage=12&TOPIC_ID=19841&

Anyway I would assume in noble houses there's a preceptor for each family so no need for academies. For non-nobleman/woman, there's I think other academies you can create yourself. Probably noble houses won't finance such places (they want to be the only over-educated people), but guild's members or rich merchants would love to support these academies.

Edited by - Marco Volo on 13 Mar 2015 09:08:05
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2015 :  14:23:44  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
With a city as large and diverse as Waterdeep, I'd assume there are places like what you are asking about. Not sure if they've ever been mentioned in a sourcebook though.

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Xnella Moonblade-Thann
Learned Scribe

USA
234 Posts

Posted - 13 Mar 2015 :  14:28:04  Show Profile Send Xnella Moonblade-Thann a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm...I guess I'll go scribble this question in Ed's scroll, then hope that it gets answered!

"Sweet water and light laughter until next we meet." - traditional elven farewell

Please forgive any spelling and grammer errors, as my android touch-screen phone has no spellchecker. If I do make a grammer mistake, please let me know and I'll try to fix it.

New laptop, still trying to sort my "scrolls" on its shelves...and when will this cursed thing stop doing things I tell it not to?
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000