Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Is Tymora physically unattractive?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36782 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2015 :  15:43:18  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Waltz Nemethor

I looked into "Faces of Deception" in Amazon after Artemas mentioned it, but the reviews were a bit disappointing.

It's one of the two FR books that I wanted to throw across the room when I finished reading it.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3131 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2015 :  15:48:06  Show Profile Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

I looked into "Faces of Deception" in Amazon after Artemas mentioned it, but the reviews were a bit disappointing.

It's one of the two FR books that I wanted to throw across the room when I finished reading it.

Don't be a tease, what's the second one?

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Amazon "KindleUnlimited" Free Trial: http://amzn.to/2AJ4yD2

Try Audible and Get 2 Free Audio Books! https://amzn.to/2IgBede
Go to Top of Page

Eltheron
Senior Scribe

740 Posts

Posted - 14 Mar 2015 :  16:48:03  Show Profile Send Eltheron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Artemas Entreri

quote:

Yeah it wasn't the best Realms book by far, but it does take the reader to some uncharted geographical areas which I always love.

In Old Dethek, "Troy Denning" translates to "caveat emptor".

"The very best possible post-fourteenth-century Realms lets down those who love the specific, detailed social, political and magical situation, with its thousands of characters, developed over forty years, and want to learn more about it; and those who'd be open to a new one with equal depth, which there just isn't time to re-produce; and those repelled, some past the point of no return, by the bad-taste-and-plausibility gap of things done to the world when its guardianship was less careful."
--Faraer
Go to Top of Page

MrHedgehog
Senior Scribe

688 Posts

Posted - 15 Mar 2015 :  00:27:53  Show Profile  Visit MrHedgehog's Homepage Send MrHedgehog a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

What was the other one?
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000