Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Question about Hadrhune. Possible spoiler?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

JeremiahJT
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2015 :  00:00:31  Show Profile  Visit JeremiahJT's Homepage Send JeremiahJT a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
I just started reading The Herald and in it Telamont mentions Hadrhune is dead and he will not resurrect him. I have no idea how he died though. I do not remember him dying in one of the other Sundering novels. I searched the forum here and did a web search and found nothing. Can somebody shed some light on this situation for me?

hashimashadoo
Master of Realmslore

United Kingdom
1150 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2015 :  00:19:24  Show Profile  Visit hashimashadoo's Homepage Send hashimashadoo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I don't think his death is mentioned anywhere. He is alive at the end of The Godborn but I think when it's stated that he's dead in The Herald it is a plot device to explain why you won't be seeing any shades who die in that book resurrected.

Maybe an anthology will describe how he dies.

When life turns it's back on you...sneak attack for extra damage.

Head admin of the FR wiki:

https://forgottenrealms.fandom.com/
Go to Top of Page

Blueblade
Senior Scribe

USA
804 Posts

Posted - 26 Feb 2015 :  20:00:05  Show Profile  Visit Blueblade's Homepage Send Blueblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At GenCon last year, Ed was answering questions after the Candlekeep seminar, and revealed that when he was told to write his outline for the Herald, he was told Hadrhune (who was already dead, in canon Realmslore) was alive again, and should specifically be included. So Ed wrote Hadrhune in, only to be told when the first outline was reviewed that Hadrhune was now being killed off before his book, and he should instead confirm in the Herald that Hadrhune was gone and wouldn't be brought back, and otherwise not mention him. So he did that, and it survived through the second outline and into print.
Obviously things changed in the books preceding Ed's, and Ed wasn't told. We do know that Ed had to hand in his final draft of the Herald before he'd seen even first drafts of the preceding two books in the series, and anything more than the first draft of the Paul Kemp Sundering novel.
BB

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000