Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 What do you want to see on the Candlekeep site?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2010 :  12:34:00  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

Another request: making QUOTE button work when you copy text and have it highlighted instead of putting tags at the end... Same with highlighting part of your post and trying to make it bold/italic/underlined/other colour...

I seek clarification... When you highlight text and select quote or whatever, it adds the tags at the end, instead of around, the text? If so, what browser are you using? I've used IE 6,7, and 8 for accessing the site, and it's never done that to me -- it always puts the tags around the highlighted section.

Yeah, the tags land at the end. I use Firefox newest version.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2010 :  12:54:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

quote:

Another request: making QUOTE button work when you copy text and have it highlighted instead of putting tags at the end... Same with highlighting part of your post and trying to make it bold/italic/underlined/other colour...

I seek clarification... When you highlight text and select quote or whatever, it adds the tags at the end, instead of around, the text? If so, what browser are you using? I've used IE 6,7, and 8 for accessing the site, and it's never done that to me -- it always puts the tags around the highlighted section.

Yeah, the tags land at the end. I use Firefox newest version.

Ah, okay. Firefox was my secondary browser for a while, but now I only have it on one of my work machines -- and I barely touch it, on that machine. It's only there for troubleshooting.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 21 May 2010 12:54:40
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 21 May 2010 :  13:12:30  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yeah, I assumed this might be Firefox versus IE issue. Still worth looking into.

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2010 :  09:48:27  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another request: Show post count on my own profile page. If I can see post counts on anyone else's profile page, why not on mine?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 22 May 2010 :  10:04:04  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Another request: Show post count on my own profile page. If I can see post counts on anyone else's profile page, why not on mine?

Errr... You can see your own post count on your profile page. It's right there under "GENDER," as part of the BASICS details.

Edited by - The Sage on 22 May 2010 10:04:43
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2010 :  10:27:15  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Umm... making "Save Password" check work?
And thanks for the head-up regarding post count...

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2010 :  10:31:59  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's not working for you?

Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2010 :  19:09:08  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

Unfortunately, it isn't. Does nothing at all. Still have to type the password.

Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2010 :  19:45:55  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Might it be a cookie issue? Like your browser isn't saving them or something?

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2010 :  01:27:14  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ashe Ravenheart

quote:

quote:

Might it be a cookie issue? Like your browser isn't saving them or something?

I think Ashe has the right of it. You might want to check your browser settings.

Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2010 :  09:34:15  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Another idea: gender sign below username. It would help to avoid 'young male adults' (quote from Zanan) and other such comments.

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 06 Jun 2010 :  12:36:19  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You know, I could be woman just because I chosen it on the profile. It is no use if there is no fair answer.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2010 :  06:35:32  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My biggest suggestion?

An off-topic area.

I love the `Keep, and I know I share many similar interests with others here that are NOT Forgotten Realms related and to have an area where we can discuss some of those things without derailing other scrolls (most recently, a BattleTech discussion) or by 'wedging' it into other areas (I try to keep my Pathfinder threads to the 'Core Products' area).

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2010 :  08:41:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The concept of an "Off-Topic" shelf for Candlekeep has been a long debated one. There's always been a section of the community here who feel that such an area of the site would be a welcome addition, and others who feel that it would distract from the singular focus of this site.

For myself, I'm kinda in the middle. I'd love an "Off-Topic" shelf. But at the same time, I'm always weary about the prospect that the OT section will end up seeing more activity than the rest of the site. On the plus side, however, is the fact that we only have a small and regularly dedicated number of scribes who visits these halls daily [or, sometimes, as in my own case, hourly], so attention to all sections of the site should be fairly consistent.

Ultimately, the decision lies with Alaundo. And he's made it clear in the past that Candlekeep should remain solely for the discussion of the Realms -- specifically -- and D&D in general. As a counter to this, however, both myself and a number of other scribes have experimented with the possibility of incorporating a IRC/Chatroom feature for Candlekeep 2, which will allow for off-topicness. Alaundo has also expressed some interest in this idea, though we've yet to find any IRC software that will work well with the forum structure basis we have established for the update to the site.

Edited by - The Sage on 07 Jun 2010 08:43:18
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2010 :  09:09:06  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I try to use the buttons near log out button and it always logs out.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2010 :  10:01:54  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might be placing the mouse too closely to the LOGOUT function tag. I've done it myself a few times...

Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2950 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2010 :  10:29:41  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If an of-topic forum was included it should probably be a "General fantasy and Gaming" version. A totally open off-topic forum is often begging for arguments and lingering bad feelings from what I have seen on a couple of other sites and would probably need heavy moderation to keep the friendly tone Candlekeep has had until now. But it would be nice to be able to go a bit on the side of the Realms from time to time.
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
729 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2010 :  14:55:29  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I would not include an "off-topic" shelf. One of the things that I like about Candlekeep is that is is focused on the Realms (and, to some extent, on D&D in general). It's about the only forum that I visit on a regular basis. The reason? Just check the level of discourse on most general forums.

Plus, and no offense to the scribes here, I think that entering an off-topic shelf leads anger, anger leads to hatred, hatred leads to the dark side. We FR fans already have enough to split the ranks (1E, 2E, 3E, 4E), let's not add a couple reasons more? There are other fora aplenty where anything can be discussed, ranging from Battletech to general discussions relating to organic solid waste of male bovine origine, but there's only one Candlekeep.
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  04:17:04  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

You might be placing the mouse too closely to the LOGOUT function tag. I've done it myself a few times...

I placed it as far from LOGOUT function as possible and the page shows that it tries to get to the needed page yet it logs out.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  04:59:44  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sill Alias

quote:

I placed it as far from LOGOUT function as possible and the page shows that it tries to get to the needed page yet it logs out.

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. Which browser are you using?

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  05:06:02  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use Opera. Does that makes difference?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  05:10:07  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It might. Can you use any others -- like Firefox or Internet Explorer -- to experiment and see whether the same problems occur?

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  05:16:01  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried now. The bug works on Members and Private messages. It is the same with Internet explorer and Firefox. Don't have any other.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  06:03:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curious. Does it still logout with any of the other forum functions?

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2010 :  06:24:20  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as I tried, yes. Did anyone have something similar?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2010 :  07:04:24  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't speak for every scribe, but I've asked around privately and through alternate Instant Messaging discussions elsewhere. So far, it looks to be only a problem on your end.

As an aside, Sill, have you upgraded your browsers with the latest versions? This might be a problem with older browsers accessing the site.

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2010 :  03:39:59  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It asks for no update, so I guess it is upgraded enough. Just which browser you normally use?

Edited by - Sill Alias on 10 Jun 2010 03:40:50
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2010 :  04:07:47  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Usually? That would be SageBrowser.

Though I sometimes also use Firefox, because SageBrowser has a perverse tendency [probably as a result of my own unintentional coding errors] to dislike accessing some websites.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3563 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  20:29:32  Show Profile Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see storage for more Inbox PMs.....I loathe deleting old PMs, full of goodies when I "approach" my limit. Especialy since my Outbox stretches back into the ethers....chock full of scrolls!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2010 :  00:53:05  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I would like to see storage for more Inbox PMs.....I loathe deleting old PMs, full of goodies when I "approach" my limit. Especialy since my Outbox stretches back into the ethers....chock full of scrolls!

Actually, I thought we'd already increased the size of the storage Inbox for PMs. Heh. I'll have to look into that.

How many PMs does your Inbox hold at the moment, RW?

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000