Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 What do you want to see on the Candlekeep site?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 25 Oct 2020 :  22:44:54  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by cpthero2

Master Alaundo,

My apologies for troubling you about this, but after searching for more information Candlekeep 2.0, I could not find any. Are there any updates?

Best regards,

Candlekeep 2.0 clearly is using Sage time. Which means it might take ten years give or take about nine.
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2020 :  10:01:21  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Great Reader Kentinal,

Fair enough! haha

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2020 :  10:08:27  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Master Alaundo,

My apologies for troubling you about this, but after searching for more information Candlekeep 2.0, I could not find any. Are there any updates?

Best regards,

Well met

Alas not. The amount of effort to migrate and translate as planned outweighs the need. Over the years, the Internet has changed from being primarily forums and content based to other mediums and formats. With social media and such, sites such as this are becoming less visited and of value. Candlekeep will always be here but unless there are significant changes in time, resource, money, I can't see significant overhauls taking place.

That said, forum migration is on the cards but the site itself is more than likely to remain old and clunky.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 26 Oct 2020 :  10:13:43  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Alaundo,

Thank you for the swift reply!

quote:
Alas not. The amount of effort to migrate and translate as planned outweighs the need.

I am sure it has been asked, but in case it hasn't... have you all considered a crowd funding operation to fund the expenses including labor, tech, legal, etc.?

quote:
Over the years, the Internet has changed from being primarily forums and content based to other mediums and formats. With social media and such, sites such as this are becoming less visited and of value. Candlekeep will always be here but unless there are significant changes in time, resource, money, I can't see significant overhauls taking place.

Understandable.

quote:
That said, forum migration is on the cards but the site itself is more than likely to remain old and clunky.

Well, I love the community and content. I just would love to see something done to ensure younger folk keep coming here and stay! :)

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2020 :  00:04:14  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is there a "Block Member" option that could be installed?

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2285 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2020 :  19:09:13  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Alaundo,

I was thinking about this when I was looking at a fantastic map of Master Markustay's the other day: any possibility of having the ability to insert images, such as maps, into the forum posts? I am sure that would have considerable consequences for storage, but it would be great to have inserts.

Best regards,

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 28 Oct 2020 :  19:15:32  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Master Alaundo,

I was thinking about this when I was looking at a fantastic map of Master Markustay's the other day: any possibility of having the ability to insert images, such as maps, into the forum posts? I am sure that would have considerable consequences for storage, but it would be great to have inserts.

Best regards,

Well met

Images are disabled on the forums so as not to create oversized posts and messy threads. There is no plan to remove this restriction. Any such maps and images can be sent into Candlekeep for inclusion on the site if the author wishes.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2021 :  15:36:07  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Two requests:
1) Increase private message limit, could be linked to post count, title, or just a request on an individual basis. I guess there's a work around at the moment by msging someone directly from their summary listing?

2) A toggle button on searches that will list by scroll (as it does now) or individual post. This way if I search for the exact phrase "Private Message Limit" I don't have to go through each page of this scroll looking for it. So I could get multiple results for a single long scroll.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2021 :  15:39:09  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Gelcur

Two requests:
1) Increase private message limit, could be linked to post count, title, or just a request on an individual basis. I guess there's a work around at the moment by msging someone directly from their summary listing?

2) A toggle button on searches that will list by scroll (as it does now) or individual post. This way if I search for the exact phrase "Private Message Limit" I don't have to go through each page of this scroll looking for it. So I could get multiple results for a single long scroll.

Well met

Many thanks for your suggestions. Note, however, that no further code updates or feature enhancements will be made to the forums themselves. The forums will eventually be migrated to another codebase rather than attempt to amend the current platform.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Gelcur
Senior Scribe

502 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2021 :  17:57:41  Show Profile  Visit Gelcur's Homepage Send Gelcur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the quick reply. I likely knew this and had forgotten about it, whoops.

More important than anything else is that the site keeps going, everything else is just a cherry on top. Keep up the good work.

The party come to a town befallen by hysteria

Rogue: So what's in the general store?
DM: What are you looking for?
Rogue: Whatevers in the store.
DM: Like what?
Rogue: Everything.
DM: There is a lot of stuff.
Rogue: Is there a cart outside?
DM: (rolls) Yes.
Rogue: We'll take it all, we may need it for the greater good.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000