Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 What do you want to see on the Candlekeep site?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 18

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2011 :  03:31:55  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Actually, it started when I deleted all the mgs in my Outbox. After that, there's only 3 that were stored, and nothing at all after. Perhaps the limit decreased to 3?

Every beginning has an end.
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2011 :  10:20:19  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I now see my second to the last sent msg in my Outbox. It seems like it just takes several minutes or hours...Better that than not showing at all, though.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2011 :  21:58:33  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Hmmm, most odd. I haven't made any tweaks to the messaging system here at Candlekeep and haven't experienced anything like this myself. If anyone is getting similar issues then please drop me an email with the details and i'll delve deeper.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2011 :  23:33:44  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Now my very last sent msg appears. It just takes a couple of minutes or mayhap hours. But that's better than not showing at all. I find it important at times because usually I only read and don't reply immediately to PMs. It's my one way of ensuring I at least show some courtesy by replying.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2011 :  08:16:37  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's almost a month now that the gremlins aren't plaguing this keep. Did you lock them up in a special, magically warded cage, Sage.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2011 :  10:00:09  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dennis

It's almost a month now that the gremlins aren't plaguing this keep. Did you lock them up in a special, magically warded cage, Sage.

Nay! 'Twas the Lady K, actually, doing a suitable Wonder Woman impression... complete with a mock Lariat of Hestia, with which to lasso the little critters.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2011 :  10:46:51  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wish I saw that feat!

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2011 :  04:02:21  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Is there already a definite date for the launching of Candlekeep 2.0?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2011 :  05:17:01  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Is there already a definite date for the launching of Candlekeep 2.0?

Alaundo hasn't released any particular details concerning this... so, no.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2011 :  12:07:41  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

I hope Big Al could incorporate those not a few suggestions we've provided.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  17:35:49  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Well met

Oh the list is long, fear not But alas, I can give no date yet. To say the original planned date for the launch was for the 10th anniversary of Candlekeep back in 2009 was very ambitious, to say the least. Here's to the 20th...

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Alisttair
Great Reader

Canada
3054 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  18:07:53  Show Profile  Visit Alisttair's Homepage Send Alisttair a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:

Well met

Oh the list is long, fear not But alas, I can give no date yet. To say the original planned date for the launch was for the 10th anniversary of Candlekeep back in 2009 was very ambitious, to say the least. Here's to the 20th...

Uh oh...this is evidence that my fear might be true...that Sage and Alaundo might be related - similar unfinishable to do lists

Karsite Arcanar (Most Holy Servant of Karsus)

Anauria - Survivor State of Netheril as penned by me:
http://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/172023
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2011 :  23:58:45  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

20th?

May Ao have mercy on us!

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  05:11:18  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Loading takes a while and ASP error... Is this true to all?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  05:19:17  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Aye. My gremlins are multiplying again.

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  06:23:31  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Might be time to invent new spells of imprisonment.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 05 Feb 2011 :  16:01:59  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not so much invent as redesign, tinker, rebuild. It makes me think wizards are constantly tweaking their spell formulae, either to implement tiny improvements or to correct discovered flaws and bugs ... Fireball v1.0.074 and such. The more spells a high-level wizard has in his library, the more behind he might become keeping them all "updated".

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 05 Feb 2011 16:03:03
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 08 Feb 2011 :  01:48:17  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote

Perhaps when the mischievous gremlins get loose again, Sage should summon Elminster himself. Or maybe Telamont, who's an excellent weaver of binding magic.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 15 Feb 2011 :  23:49:32  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see the ability of the Mods to simply remove offensive posters without locking down an entire thread that is both interesting and viable...but for one or two who intentionally cause trouble.

I was reading the Wall of Faithless thread and suddenly it is locked without any visable reason aside from Wooly having to obviously remove something posted by one individual. Locked was the result though, and while I respect the reason why...giving the moderators more tools (such as locking one person from a thread instead of the entire thread) would help a great deal to keep healthy debate and reading interest open.

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  00:08:15  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dalor Darden

I would like to see the ability of the Mods to simply remove offensive posters without locking down an entire thread that is both interesting and viable...but for one or two who intentionally cause trouble.

I was reading the Wall of Faithless thread and suddenly it is locked without any visable reason aside from Wooly having to obviously remove something posted by one individual. Locked was the result though, and while I respect the reason why...giving the moderators more tools (such as locking one person from a thread instead of the entire thread) would help a great deal to keep healthy debate and reading interest open.

We already have that ability. I would assume that Wooly simply sealed that particular scroll to prevent "certain disruptive influences" from causing further difficulties in the discussion.

Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  00:12:29  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ahhh...well, tis a shame about the thread.

Glad you already have the ability I was suggesting though! LOL

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  03:42:28  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I just want to clarify what I said earlier, with regard to Dalor's query.

I said that we already have that ability. But, perhaps, I should've been a little clearer, I suppose. I just meant that removing offending posts by troublesome scribes, can provide us with opportunities for allowing a discussion to continue. It simply becomes a matter for us to contact the offending scribe and inform him/her that his conduct in the discussion must either change, or be removed wholesale.

I'm not comfortable with the notion of locking scribes out from particular discussions. That goes against the foundational basis of forums, in general, and Candlekeep in particular. Rather, I'd provide for them an opportunity to discuss their grievances in private, and further caution them against disruptive activity.

Granted, it's long-winded, and rambling, as most of my approaches to similar matters are, as always, but that's how I've seen this "ability" Dalor refers to.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  05:13:56  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I agree with Sage: removing spam and CoC-violating posts is acceptable, but other forms of arbitrary censorship are not strictly necessary (and will likely cause other problems within the membership).

Technical alternatives exist (user-based block/ignore filters, YouTube-style comment flagging, etc) ... but the best solution is the simplest one of all: don't feed the trolls.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 16 Feb 2011 :  08:14:44  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Arik

... but the best solution is the simplest one of all: don't feed the trolls.

That proved useless on occasions, as some of them are cannibals and would eat even their own flesh just to survive.

I already suggested a possible solution to such kind of problem IN THIS THREAD. However, it appears like most who voiced their opinions on the matter didn't like it.

Go to Top of Page

Christopher_Rowe
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
879 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  18:35:49  Show Profile  Visit Christopher_Rowe's Homepage Send Christopher_Rowe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried the search function to make sure this wasn't somebody has already asked about, but I'm afraid my search-fu within Candlekeep is a little clumsy.

That said, my question/suggestion is that there be a dice-rolling function added to the forums so the site could more easily host Play-by-Post games. This assumes that Play-by-Post games are something the mods would be interested in seeing here.

Go to Top of Page

BEAST
Master of Realmslore

USA
1714 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  20:00:23  Show Profile  Visit BEAST's Homepage Send BEAST a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Please move the "Reset Form" or "Reset Fields" button away from the "Submit" and "Preview" buttons, or do away with it altogether. It sucks having a lengthy post disappear all in one fell swoop.

"'You don't know my history,' he said dryly."
--Drizzt Do'Urden (The Pirate King, Part 1: Chapter 2)

<"Comprehensive Chronology of R.A. Salvatore Forgotten Realms Works">
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
7966 Posts

Posted - 19 Feb 2011 :  20:39:06  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alternately, perhaps install a "Reset your post? Enter your password" dialogue box like the one for deleting posts?

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  00:34:50  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Christopher_Rowe

That said, my question/suggestion is that there be a dice-rolling function added to the forums so the site could more easily host Play-by-Post games. This assumes that Play-by-Post games are something the mods would be interested in seeing here.
We've discussed the concept of a dice-rolling function before, as I recall. [Maybe in this scroll?] I'll try and track down what the resolution [if any], was to that particular query, Christopher.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  00:36:19  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

Please move the "Reset Form" or "Reset Fields" button away from the "Submit" and "Preview" buttons, or do away with it altogether. It sucks having a lengthy post disappear all in one fell swoop.

Suggestion noted.

We've had a few complaints about this before, and it's likely that the posting architecture for Candlekeep 2 will different anyway, so...

Go to Top of Page

Dennis
Great Reader

9933 Posts

Posted - 20 Feb 2011 :  06:38:05  Show Profile Send Dennis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BEAST

'Tis one of the reasons I normally write my replies [if they're long] first in MS Word, then just copy paste them.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 18 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000