Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 The Candlekeep Web Site
 Site Content
 What do you want to see on the Candlekeep site?
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 21

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31684 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2010 :  10:01:54  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You might be placing the mouse too closely to the LOGOUT function tag. I've done it myself a few times...

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage
Go to Top of Page

Jorkens
Great Reader

Norway
2949 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2010 :  10:29:41  Show Profile Send Jorkens a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If an of-topic forum was included it should probably be a "General fantasy and Gaming" version. A totally open off-topic forum is often begging for arguments and lingering bad feelings from what I have seen on a couple of other sites and would probably need heavy moderation to keep the friendly tone Candlekeep has had until now. But it would be nice to be able to go a bit on the side of the Realms from time to time.
Go to Top of Page

Thauramarth
Senior Scribe

United Kingdom
652 Posts

Posted - 07 Jun 2010 :  14:55:29  Show Profile Send Thauramarth a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Personally, I would not include an "off-topic" shelf. One of the things that I like about Candlekeep is that is is focused on the Realms (and, to some extent, on D&D in general). It's about the only forum that I visit on a regular basis. The reason? Just check the level of discourse on most general forums.

Plus, and no offense to the scribes here, I think that entering an off-topic shelf leads anger, anger leads to hatred, hatred leads to the dark side. We FR fans already have enough to split the ranks (1E, 2E, 3E, 4E), let's not add a couple reasons more? There are other fora aplenty where anything can be discussed, ranging from Battletech to general discussions relating to organic solid waste of male bovine origine, but there's only one Candlekeep.

Club Secretary of the Dragons on the Hill RPG Club of London, UK: http://dragonsonthehill.co.uk/.
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  04:17:04  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Sage

You might be placing the mouse too closely to the LOGOUT function tag. I've done it myself a few times...

I placed it as far from LOGOUT function as possible and the page shows that it tries to get to the needed page yet it logs out.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31684 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  04:59:44  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Sill Alias

quote:

I placed it as far from LOGOUT function as possible and the page shows that it tries to get to the needed page yet it logs out.

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. Which browser are you using?

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  05:06:02  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I use Opera. Does that makes difference?

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31684 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  05:10:07  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It might. Can you use any others -- like Firefox or Internet Explorer -- to experiment and see whether the same problems occur?

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  05:16:01  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I tried now. The bug works on Members and Private messages. It is the same with Internet explorer and Firefox. Don't have any other.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31684 Posts

Posted - 08 Jun 2010 :  06:03:15  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curious. Does it still logout with any of the other forum functions?

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2010 :  06:24:20  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
As far as I tried, yes. Did anyone have something similar?

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31684 Posts

Posted - 09 Jun 2010 :  07:04:24  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I can't speak for every scribe, but I've asked around privately and through alternate Instant Messaging discussions elsewhere. So far, it looks to be only a problem on your end.

As an aside, Sill, have you upgraded your browsers with the latest versions? This might be a problem with older browsers accessing the site.

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2010 :  03:39:59  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It asks for no update, so I guess it is upgraded enough. Just which browser you normally use?

Edited by - Sill Alias on 10 Jun 2010 03:40:50
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31684 Posts

Posted - 10 Jun 2010 :  04:07:47  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Usually? That would be SageBrowser.

Though I sometimes also use Firefox, because SageBrowser has a perverse tendency [probably as a result of my own unintentional coding errors] to dislike accessing some websites.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3521 Posts

Posted - 28 Jun 2010 :  20:29:32  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see storage for more Inbox PMs.....I loathe deleting old PMs, full of goodies when I "approach" my limit. Especialy since my Outbox stretches back into the ethers....chock full of scrolls!

A little nonsense now and then, relished by the wisest men - Willy Wonka

"We need men who can dream of things that never were." -

John F. Kennedy, speech in Dublin, Ireland, June 28, 1963
Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31684 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2010 :  00:53:05  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by The Red Walker

I would like to see storage for more Inbox PMs.....I loathe deleting old PMs, full of goodies when I "approach" my limit. Especialy since my Outbox stretches back into the ethers....chock full of scrolls!

Actually, I thought we'd already increased the size of the storage Inbox for PMs. Heh. I'll have to look into that.

How many PMs does your Inbox hold at the moment, RW?

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3521 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2010 :  01:43:37  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Actually, I thought we'd already increased the size of the storage Inbox for PMs. Heh. I'll have to look into that.

20....I think you get warned at 17 that your are close.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31684 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2010 :  02:34:48  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

quote:

20....I think you get warned at 17 that your are close.

Curious. My Inbox has significantly more than 20 messages. And I'm fairly certain that Alaundo increased the Inbox size a few years back, after previous scribes began querying the limited Inbox size.

Again, I'll have to look into this.

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2010 :  05:05:26  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I too had 21 message and it said that I cannot send any PM until I will not clear the box. Must be you can get as much as you can, but to answer you must clear the inbox.

Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3521 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2010 :  20:38:32  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I would like to see some notification beisde or under a scribes name(within scrolls) that denoted they are logged in, so as to see if someone your replying to is currently "here" without checking the main forum page.

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31684 Posts

Posted - 07 Jul 2010 :  01:19:54  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

I would like to see some notification beisde or under a scribes name(within scrolls) that denoted they are logged in, so as to see if someone your replying to is currently "here" without checking the main forum page.

It's not exactly the same thing, but the "ACTIVE USERS" function at the bottom of the page, serves a similar purpose. It notes which scribes are currently active, and what they are doing at the time the page is loaded up.

Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2010 :  09:36:58  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I say more inbox space!

Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
648 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2010 :  14:15:36  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Some "when was the scribe last active" information underneath "Total Posts:" when you view a scribe's profile. This would help see when/when not scribes last visited here when waiting for PMs, wondering why a Sage of Realmslore hasn't replied, etc.

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms

I am a sexy, shoeless god of war!

The Sellplague began, for all intents and purposes, in the dominions of the Corporation. Greed murdered Good Design, unraveling common sense in the cosmos and destroying her dominion. At the same time, Sales Fears and Warcraft Envy happened into alignment. This cataclysmic coincidence led to upheaval, shaking apart the primeval order, opening up holes in wallets, and reshaping everything...
Go to Top of Page

Zireael
Master of Realmslore

Poland
1190 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2010 :  19:28:08  Show Profile  Visit Zireael's Homepage Send Zireael a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
I say more inbox space!

quote:
Originally posted by Kyrene

Some "when was the scribe last active" information underneath "Total Posts:" when you view a scribe's profile. This would help see when/when not scribes last visited here when waiting for PMs, wondering why a Sage of Realmslore hasn't replied, etc.

Second both above posts.
My idea - get rid of the gremlins for good and ever.

SiNafay Vrinn, the daughter of Lloth, from Ched Nasad!

http://zireael07.wordpress.com/
Go to Top of Page

The Red Walker
Great Reader

USA
3521 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2010 :  00:37:11  Show Profile  Send The Red Walker a Yahoo! Message Send The Red Walker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Or a Loremaster Most High??

Go to Top of Page

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31684 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2010 :  01:40:16  Show Profile  Send The Sage an AOL message  Click to see The Sage's MSN Messenger address  Send The Sage a Yahoo! Message Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zireael

quote:
I say more inbox space!

quote:

Second both above posts.
My idea - get rid of the gremlins for good and ever.

The only real option for eradicating our nuisance population of gremlins is to completely restructure these halls and shift them, slightly, out-of-synch with the surrounding temporal Prime.

[In other words, what we intend to do with Candlekeep 2.]
quote:

Or a Loremaster Most High??
Wooly recently granted me a somewhat more fitting title I've been thinking about adding to my profile here:- "World's Greatest Procrastinator" -- after my ideas about generating a Batman [as the World's Greatest Detective]-derived SageMan personae for myself.

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 21 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000