Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 GenCon 2015
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 6

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2015 :  22:11:19  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I received my email about this as well this morning. I'm disappointed as well, and hope that all works out for Ed to go next year. I'll do my best to be there as well.

This won't affect the Candlekeep event, will it? And Wooly, I am looking forward to meeting you at GenCon. :-)

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Garen Thal
Master of Realmslore

USA
1105 Posts

Posted - 21 Jul 2015 :  22:26:01  Show Profile  Visit Garen Thal's Homepage Send Garen Thal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart
This won't affect the Candlekeep event, will it?
Not at all. Candlekeep Presents will still run as planned.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  01:07:04  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Garen Thal

quote:
Originally posted by Joran Nobleheart
This won't affect the Candlekeep event, will it?
Not at all. Candlekeep Presents will still run as planned.

Thank you!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  15:49:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So, is Gen Con as swag-tastic as I've been lead to believe? My friend that's coming with me has been told to pack light, to have room for bringing home all the swag.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  16:55:40  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, there *can* be a bunch of free stuff, but usually I pack with room to spare just because of the stuff I buy.

Of course, Steve Jackson games LOVES to give away all kinds of things like bookmarks and such that have official rules for Munchkin games...

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Matt James
Forgotten Realms Game Designer

USA
918 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  20:13:04  Show Profile Send Matt James a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Lots of swag, usually. Fun times abound. I can't wait to see each of you.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 22 Jul 2015 :  20:58:58  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm actually not anticipating buying a whole lot... Whilst I do spend more than I should on gaming, I'm not aware of anything in particular that I want right now. I figure I'll prolly end up buying a few odds and ends and way too many dice, but that's about it.

That said, I am bringing a fair amount of cash, in case I'm wrong.

Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2015 :  02:58:31  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You can expect at least 8 pages of swag.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

lilibat
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2015 :  07:08:06  Show Profile  Visit lilibat's Homepage Send lilibat a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm still sad about the lack of WOTC events. :-(
Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2015 :  08:17:49  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
8 pages, sounds most interesting. I dont suppose there is a chance of these 8 pages being available after GenCon for us poor folk that can't attend? The last GenCon giveaway was all kinds of awesome so i can only imagine how amazing this one will be.

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2015 :  13:07:25  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by dazzlerdal

8 pages, sounds most interesting. I dont suppose there is a chance of these 8 pages being available after GenCon for us poor folk that can't attend? The last GenCon giveaway was all kinds of awesome so i can only imagine how amazing this one will be.

I'm sure something will eventuate. A Candlekeep mini-exclusive is also on the cards to deal with one of the Easter Eggs.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2015 :  19:28:45  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So I got an email from GenCon the other day, saying Housing was closed and that hotels were going to start charging deposits. The email also said if there was an issue with the card, the reservation would be cancelled.

So my concern, when I saw no transactions on my card, is understandable.

I just called my hotel, and they said that the email was a GenCon thing, and that it wasn't the case that all hotels did that. My reservation was confirmed, too.

Just sharing as an FYI for any other GenCon virgins, so they don't get concerned like I did.

Go to Top of Page

Gary Dallison
Great Reader

United Kingdom
6351 Posts

Posted - 23 Jul 2015 :  19:41:42  Show Profile Send Gary Dallison a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

I'm sure something will eventuate. A Candlekeep mini-exclusive is also on the cards to deal with one of the Easter Eggs.

-- George Krashos

As always George you are a prince among lore lords

Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions Candlekeep Archive
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 1
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 2
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 3
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 4
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 5
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 6
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 7
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 8
Forgotten Realms Alternate Dimensions: Issue 9

Alternate Realms Site
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  04:24:08  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just wanting to make sure that we're still meeting up at the place and time mentioned earlier in the thread. I'll be finalizing my packing tomorrow, and need to double check this to make note of in my Google Calendar. :-)

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  12:47:31  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, *I'll* be there...

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

angerZen
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  13:35:38  Show Profile Send angerZen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
For those of you who will be unable to attend GenCon this year, I will be taking photos of the Candlekeep seminar again this year to share with everyone.

As for the meetup, I believe that myself, my wife and our friends are planning to attend. Maybe I can photograph that too. :-)

-Travis

Edited by - angerZen on 28 Jul 2015 13:36:01
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  14:08:51  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm planning on doing the meetup, and I'll have a friend tagging long. He's familiar with the Realms, though he's not registered here -- he's more of a minis junkie.

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 28 Jul 2015 :  20:12:45  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sounds good, everyone! I look forward to meeting you all! I'm also excited to meet Talon Dunning, who drew all of my favorite Ravenloft art. :-D

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  02:34:16  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've finished packing my bag (minus my backpack) and my family and I are heading up for GenCon tomorrow. Decided that having a free day to relax in the area would be a good idea. Hope to see and meet you all soon! :-D

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  02:38:41  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Likewise! We're all packed here, exercising the ferrets so their sitters don't have too wild a first day, and picking up the rental early tomorrow.
Drive time puts us there sometime after 5p.m. See y'all soon!

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  05:36:00  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My jealousy is palpable. Have a great time Candlekeepers!

-- George Krashos

Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  06:21:29  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've done the important part of my packing: tickets, stuff to take to the Con itself, reading material... I'll worry about the clothing and toiletries in the morning.

Go to Top of Page

angerZen
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  22:03:02  Show Profile Send angerZen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We have arrived, checked into the hotel and unpacked. Now considering a pub.

-Travis
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 29 Jul 2015 :  23:29:11  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Drink one for me, please, and have fun!

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  00:00:02  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We're here, checked into our hotel, and unpacking! See y'all soon!

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

angerZen
Acolyte

USA
24 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  00:11:17  Show Profile Send angerZen a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, if anyone wants, we are hanging out at Shula's (at the Westin) in the bar/sofa area

-Travis
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6643 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  00:54:20  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
My present for the Candlekeep Seminar has just been delivered to Erik Scott de Bie. Enjoy the Con everyone.

-- George Krashos

Edited by - George Krashos on 30 Jul 2015 00:54:42
Go to Top of Page

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  03:45:16  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by George Krashos

My present for the Candlekeep Seminar has just been delivered to Erik Scott de Bie. Enjoy the Con everyone.

-- George Krashos

Hey! Can ye spare a copy for an old scribe without the legs to walk to Gen Con?

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  19:31:47  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Are you guys still at the Westin?

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 30 Jul 2015 :  19:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The time stamp always gets me. :-(

Anyone meeting up now? I'm wearing a grey Jurassic Park shirt, white cap.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 6 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000