Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Software for map building
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Roseweave
Learned Scribe

Ireland
212 Posts

Posted - 19 Jan 2015 :  19:16:59  Show Profile  Visit Roseweave's Homepage Send Roseweave a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Just wondering what people use; I was nearly thinking of digging out something like RPG Maker which is relatively easy to use and can do internals and externals. It doesn't have to be super accurate and detailed. I like Heromachine for doing character portaits(though it has it's limits) but I also want to build some locations for the places set in my fics.

Edited by - Roseweave on 19 Jan 2015 19:17:15

xaviera
Learned Scribe

Canada
149 Posts

Posted - 23 Jan 2015 :  15:57:52  Show Profile  Visit xaviera's Homepage Send xaviera a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Profantasy has a suite of CAD-based map-making tools, if you have the money. The Cartographer's Guild has a section on software that might be of use to you.

Writings on Sharess: Thoughts & Prayers by Xaviera ~ High Priestess of Sharess
Go to Top of Page

Roseweave
Learned Scribe

Ireland
212 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2015 :  00:11:02  Show Profile  Visit Roseweave's Homepage Send Roseweave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
i don't want something overly fancy/professional, something more akin to a map maker from an RPG creator might work for me
Go to Top of Page

Roseweave
Learned Scribe

Ireland
212 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2015 :  01:29:03  Show Profile  Visit Roseweave's Homepage Send Roseweave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ugh just tried using the cartography creator map thing and it's such a nightmare. i've been using it for 15 minutes and i still can't figure out how to move a room i've created. really counter intuitive. maybe it's good for creating overworld maps, but for dungeons i need something like a video game level builder.
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2015 :  01:31:57  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you are looking for maps, try this site: https://rpgcharacters.wordpress.com/

Dyson makes some nice stuff and he has a zillion maps.

I've always wanted to try CC3, but it ends up kind of a hefty price tag for the styles I'd have to buy. One of their annuals has the old 3E map style to purchase. And then there's a dungeons of Schley deal that looks cool. Maybe someday. hehe

Edited by - Eilserus on 24 Jan 2015 01:38:10
Go to Top of Page

Roseweave
Learned Scribe

Ireland
212 Posts

Posted - 24 Jan 2015 :  01:37:51  Show Profile  Visit Roseweave's Homepage Send Roseweave a Private Message  Reply with Quote
awesome will forward that on to my gm
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000