Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 The Seventh Sister
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2004 :  10:46:56  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hiya all.

Could anyone please tell me who the seventh sister is?

Spoilers welcome!

Kudos.

Ponka! Kaddu!

Winterfox
Senior Scribe

895 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2004 :  11:42:45  Show Profile  Visit Winterfox's Homepage Send Winterfox a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Qilue Veladorn.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2004 :  16:54:00  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Qilue's history is featured within The Seven Sisters accessory book and the Heroes' Lorebook. Additionally, she appears in Elaine Cunningham's novel series, Starlight & Shadows.
Go to Top of Page

Zacas
Learned Scribe

USA
261 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2004 :  22:32:52  Show Profile  Visit Zacas's Homepage Send Zacas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
she's also in "Silverfall: Stories of the Seven Sisters"

I am like a superhero, with no powers or motivation.
I have gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here.
People like you are the reason people like me are on medication.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 29 Feb 2004 :  23:46:02  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Indeed, We are unsure of which sister you are missing (although we think that it may be indeed Qilue) So we will list all seven here:
Sylune -currently a rare form of Good Undead
Alustriel- Ruler of Silverymoon
Dove Falconhand- Married to Florin Falconhand, both were knights of Myth Drannor
Storm Silverhand- A leader in the wretched Harpers
Laeral Silverhand- Co-leader/founder of the Moonstars, married to Khelben an archmage out of Waterdeep
The Simbul- Crazed witch-queen of Aglarond who gets in the way of the wiser Thayian Council in neighboring Thay
Qilue Veladorn- a False Drow who is a Chosen of both the Usurper Mystra and the Traitor Eilistraee
Well there are the Seven (including your elusive Seventh Sister). Know that there are bounties on all their heads for various crimes and meddlings in affairs that they have no buisness being in

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  05:52:52  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Cardinal Deimos
Qilue Veladorn- a False Drow who is a Chosen of both the Usurper Mystra and the Traitor Eilistraee

Some prefer to call her future "godslayer."
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  05:55:49  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I call her..... "My biggest pain in the neck!" Always opposing Vhaeraun, she is!

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  05:56:45  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shadowlord

I call her..... "My biggest pain in the neck!" Always opposing Vhaeraun, she is!

Sounds like Vhaeraun's still upset because daddy liked Eilistraee best.
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  06:04:43  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Shadowlord shoots Sirius a sharp glance. "Really, there's no need for that. Just because my deity was caught and exiled by Corellon, and Eilistraee wasn't, doesn't mean that Vhaeraun holds that much resentment for Eilistraee or Corellon. His greatest hatred is reserved for Lolth.

Back to Qilue, Does anyone know of a place that has her statistics?

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  06:08:29  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Yes, but I won't give it til you say "Dancing Dark Maidens are just fine" three times.

Oh, nevermind...here you go,http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article.asp?x=fr/fx20020503ex1
Go to Top of Page

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  06:10:57  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by SiriusBlack

quote:

Yes, but I won't give it til you say "Dancing Dark Maidens are just fine" three times.

You ask for far too much, Sirius.....

However, these are Eilistraee's stats, not Qilue's.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  06:14:54  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
However, these are Eilistraee's stats, not Qilue's.

Sorry, don't ask me why I was thinking of Eilistraee. But, look up in my previous post at the top of this thread. I mention there where you can find Qilue's stats. She has not, to my knowledge, been updated to 3rd edition. That would have taken away room in one of the FR books that was used to give us more prestige classes.
Go to Top of Page

Phantom_Lord
Seeker

Pakistan
92 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  06:16:00  Show Profile  Visit Phantom_Lord's Homepage Send Phantom_Lord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the replies all!

By the way, does Liriel become the seventh sister in the end of her novel series?

Again, spoilers welcome!

Ponka! Kaddu!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  06:18:17  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I wonder if certain peoples' biases have been made clear . . . perhaps you should make it more obvious . . . .

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  06:19:40  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom_Lord
By the way, does Liriel become the seventh sister in the end of her novel series?

No, the seven sisters' origins and connections are entirely their own. Liriel's only connection with Qilue is as a somewhat ally at times during the novel series. Although based upon the series' conclusion, I'm not sure Liriel seeing Qilue again will necessarily be a peaceful meeting.
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Mar 2004 :  06:19:54  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
No, there are already seven sisters. Count 'em.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2004 :  04:00:29  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So if Qilue has seven daughters, then would the Seventh sister born to the seventh sister be more powerful?
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2004 :  04:03:29  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

So if Qilue has seven daughters, then would the Seventh sister born to the seventh sister be more powerful?

Given how rare it is for the Chosen of Mystra to have children, I'd be surprised if she got up to seven. It seems Alustriel's the only one having a large number of offspring.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2004 :  05:37:31  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Given how rare it is for the Chosen of Mystra to have children, I'd be surprised if she got up to seven. It seems Alustriel's the only one having a large number of offspring.

According to Ed, the Chosen can only get with child by Mystra's grace and blessing.

Spoiler below!!!
|
|
|
|
|
|
Also don't forget Qilue had Ysolde, but she died in Elaine's last Liriel book...

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium

Edited by - Kuje on 09 Mar 2004 19:22:19
Go to Top of Page

SiriusBlack
Great Reader

USA
5517 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2004 :  15:35:16  Show Profile  Visit SiriusBlack's Homepage Send SiriusBlack a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Might want to put a warning up there kuje31. I can read the next post now if you don't

"Thanks for ruining the book for me! I was just going to start to read it but now I won't because you spoiled it for me!"

You wicked, wicked person you.

PS: In Star Wars, Darth Vader really is Luke's father to all those out there who would make such a post.

See, I can be wicked too.
Go to Top of Page

ElaineCunningham
Forgotten Realms Author

2396 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2004 :  16:09:54  Show Profile  Visit ElaineCunningham's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Phantom_Lord

Again, spoilers welcome!

Nope.
Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 09 Mar 2004 :  19:23:53  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Might want to put a warning up there kuje31. I can read the next post now if you don't.

Didn't think it was needed since the book has been out almost a year. :) But I edited one in anyhow.

For some of us, books are as important as almost anything else on earth. What a miracle it is that out of these small, flat, rigid squares of paper unfolds world after world, worlds that sing to you, comfort and quiet and excite you... Books are full of the things that you don't get in real life - wonderful, lyrical language, for instance, right off the bat. - Anne Lamott, Bird by Bird

Edited by - Kuje on 10 Mar 2004 01:21:10
Go to Top of Page

Vangelor
Learned Scribe

USA
183 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  06:14:01  Show Profile Send Vangelor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

PS: In Star Wars, Darth Vader really is Luke's father to all those out there who would make such a post.

And in Titanic, the boat sinks!

Mystra might not have sole say in whether Qilué has any offspring, as Qilué is Chosen of Eilistraee as well.

And while Mystra has a good handful of Chosen, so far as I know, Eilistraee only has one.

I can't wait to see how Qilué reshapes the world. I think we can expect something big. Whether she survives it....?
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  09:59:29  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vangelor

Mystra might not have sole say in whether Qilué has any offspring, as Qilué is Chosen of Eilistraee as well.

And while Mystra has a good handful of Chosen, so far as I know, Eilistraee only has one.

While true Eilistraee has one (so far) she also has much less power to have more. Most of the write ups I have seen appear to indicate that the Dark Maiden has not granted any more powers to the last Sister, but just had the right to call on Qilué from time to time to do some service. Mystra is a Greater deity and Eilistraee a minor one so most control clearly lays in the former.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  11:41:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vangelor

quote:

And in Titanic, the boat sinks!

I can't wait to see how Qilué reshapes the world. I think we can expect something big. Whether she survives it....?

Despite the words of Rich Baker, we don't know that Qilué is all that special in the eyes of Eilistraee. Chosen of Eilistraee is a title all priestesses of the Promenade share. There is no evidence Qilué has anything more than that from the Dark Maiden.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Kentinal
Great Reader

4685 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  12:11:56  Show Profile Send Kentinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Wooly Rupert

Despite the words of Rich Baker, we don't know that Qilué is all that special in the eyes of Eilistraee. Chosen of Eilistraee is a title all priestesses of the Promenade share. There is no evidence Qilué has anything more than that from the Dark Maiden.

Well it should be noted that Qilué is Chosen of the Chosen and that other Priestesses are just Chosen of Eilistraee. That said I agree that there is no indication that Qilué has any divine spark or part of Eilistraee, like she has from Mystra I (whom I still consider a father because of using females to carry child, deities can do that you know *wink*). There remains unanswered questions about Qilué, her Drow mother was headed for the surface, but years later Qilué and her sword sisters lived in an underdark city (perhaps town?) when they were all called Chosen to take the Promenade. I wonder what happened that they did not live on the surface.

"Small beings can have small wisdom," the dragon said. "And small wise beings are better than small fools. Listen: Wisdom is caring for afterwards."
"Caring for afterwards ...? Ker repeated this without understanding.
"After action, afterwards," the dragon said. "Choose the afterwards first, then the action. Fools choose action first."
"Judgement" copyright 2003 by Elizabeth Moon
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  17:45:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kentinal

Well it should be noted that Qilué is Chosen of the Chosen and that other Priestesses are just Chosen of Eilistraee.

This is true, but we still have no evidence that it's anything more than an honorary title.

Things like this are part of the reason I wish that the divine champions of other deities were called something other than "Chosen".

Go to Top of Page

Kuje
Great Reader

USA
7915 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  17:54:23  Show Profile Send Kuje a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

quote:

Well it should be noted that Qilué is Chosen of the Chosen and that other Priestesses are just Chosen of Eilistraee.

This is true, but we still have no evidence that it's anything more than an honorary title.

Things like this are part of the reason I wish that the divine champions of other deities were called something other than "Chosen".

Except for Ed's reply on March 21st of last year, "Qilue Veladorn: [accent grave missing over the “e” in “Qilue” thanks to my primitive e-mail] the Chosen of both Mystra and Eilistraee,"

Furthermore, Ed has said that Eilistraee has plans for Qilue but this was in a different reply.

Edited by - Kuje on 08 Jul 2005 18:03:26
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2005 :  17:58:34  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Kuje

quote:

quote:

Except for Ed reply on March 21st of last year, "Qilue Veladorn: [accent grave missing over the “e” in “Qilue” thanks to my primitive e-mail] the Chosen of both Mystra and Eilistraee,"

Furthermore, Ed has said that Eilistraee has plans for Qilue.

Ah. I stand corrected. That factoid had slipped my mind.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000