Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 The Kossuth Clergy in Thay
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2004 :  17:59:55  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Does any one now of any info on the Kazouth Clergy in Thay,I am generally interested in leaders, ranks, locations of temples, rituals etc etc.

Sauro moki kara ochiro - Even monkeys falls from trees.

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi

Edited by - Alaundo on 03 Mar 2004 15:21:06

Shadowlord
Master of Realmslore

USA
1298 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2004 :  18:20:17  Show Profile  Visit Shadowlord's Homepage Send Shadowlord a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I believe you are referring to "Kossuth"?

Much of the information you require can be found in Faiths and Pantheons.

The Chosen of Vhaeraun
"Nature is governed by certain immutable rules. By virtue of claw and fang, the lion will always triumph over the goat.Given time, the pounding of the sea will wear away the stone. And when dark elves mingle with the lighter races, the offspring invariably take after the dark parent. It is all much the same. That which is greater shall prevail. Our numbers increase steadily, both through birth and conquest. The dark elves are the dominant race, so ordained by the gods." Ka'Narlist of the Ilythiiri.
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2004 :  20:50:48  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
And of course in the Unaproachable East tome...
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 28 Feb 2004 :  22:16:30  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hmm, I spelled it like that at first and got unsre and had a brief look at my notes and just c&p, I have allready checked those accessories, I wan't more more more. I can be, hrrm, verey demanding sometimes :-)

The path that leads to truth is littered with the bodies of the ignorant - Miyamoto Musashi
Go to Top of Page

Malaug
Acolyte

Australia
20 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2004 :  15:18:56  Show Profile  Visit Malaug's Homepage Send Malaug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Doesn't actually go into much detail in relation to the Clergy in the Unapproacable East Tome. Doesn't say who the leader is but does make mention of a secret clan within the clergy called The Black Flame, sort of like Secret Police.

It says basically the Church of Kossuth is the most powerful church in Thay, they are linked with the Temple of Bane and that their power grew when Kossuth intervened during the Salamander Wars.

As for names and stations, I suppose you better go and make them up. There is no mentioe, but I'll have a closer look for you and see if there is anything.
Go to Top of Page

Kezghan
Acolyte

Canada
25 Posts

Posted - 03 Mar 2004 :  22:14:31  Show Profile Send Kezghan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I think one of the major temples to Kossuth is displayed in the 2e godbook Powers and Pantheons.

Of the deities books for 2e, all 3 are spectacular works from Eric L. Boyd.

Is it wrong to name your first son Artemis?
Go to Top of Page

Malaug
Acolyte

Australia
20 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2004 :  16:11:01  Show Profile  Visit Malaug's Homepage Send Malaug a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have just checked, nope nothing mentioned in the East Handbook. Just as I said something about the Black Flame zealots.

There is also mention on the Order of the Fire Drake, a militant arm of the church, and also the Society of the Illuminating Flame, a monastic society.

Basically that is about it. I would say that leaves it up to your discretion to insert key members and leaders.
Go to Top of Page

Hymn
Senior Scribe

Sweden
514 Posts

Posted - 04 Mar 2004 :  21:57:24  Show Profile Send Hymn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guessed as much, thnx for the looking though. Just didn't want to offende any cleric or so. ;-)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000