Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 Neverwinter Prior to Lord Nasher Alagondar
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2018 :  01:19:05  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
well thing with Bioware Neverwinter, it had some lore issues. for instance you met an orc using an ogre avatar named obould mannyarrows.. and mind you this was during the time of RAS's novels, clearly the game obould was not the legendary orc king Obould Mannyarrows.

the neverwinter shadowmantle that we got to kill ingame and her actions was against cannon lore, she was not ever against the archmage arcane.

Luskan also never had a temple of tyr either.

licensed lore or not, I do not count that game's lore as cannon ....

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
http://steelfiredragon.deviantart.com/gallery/33539234
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Great Reader

Colombia
2442 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2018 :  01:28:52  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Mind, most of the lore in those games was later canonized in the Neverwinter Campaign Setting (for instance, Neverneath, the locales in the city, some characters, etc.). So, while most lore on the Nights games should be taken with a grain of salt, there is other lore that went canonized.

The FR wiki, though, gives priority to sourcebooks, magazines, novels and Ed word, over games. That's why I usually ask for sources on some stuff.

EDIT:
Talking about canon and Bioware... which events of Neverwinter Nights were canonized?

The Neverwinter CS canonizes the structure of the city (but as the city was destroyed and later rebuilt, it just canonizes some names for districts and that is all). It also mentions the Wailing Death, so I guess the events of the first Neverwinter are canon (at least, the main campaign).

Do we know if Neverwinter Nights 2 is canon?

Instead of seeking change, you prefer a void, merciless abyss of a world...

Edited by - Zeromaru X on 02 Feb 2018 02:17:10
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2018 :  02:38:25  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote

and those are about the only 2 of a few things made canon of nwn. another being that mess with undrentide, where hordes of the underdark was kind of hard to canonize something about one of its endings have M end up destroyed or a maid In an inn somewhere....

neverwinter nights 2 though uses a similar map to the one in the readers guide to drizzt dourden book.
licensed lore it still is as if it is in the grand history or the neverwinter splat book id have to look... don't think it was, but... you know what? why am I here instead of looking for dinner money? this is not going to get me dinner

why is being a wizard like being a drow? both are likely to find a dagger in the back from a rival or one looking to further his own goals, fame and power

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page

sfdragon
Great Reader

2285 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2018 :  03:43:07  Show Profile Send sfdragon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
ummm yes, nwn2 is not in the neverwinter source book( no real surprise there) and nor is it in the ghotr, no real surprise there either

My FR fan fiction
Magister's GAmbit
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000