Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Elven Craftwork
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2014 :  17:30:52  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Greetings,

Has anyone compiled a list of elven craftwork?

I'm thinking of things like:

Thkaerth wool cloak (The Summoning, page 20)
Stardust (The Summoning, page 3)
Theurglass (Forsaken House, many references)

Basically non-magical or slightly magical "stuff" created by elves to serve common needs.

References welcome.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/

Steven Schend
Forgotten Realms Designer & Author

USA
1707 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2014 :  19:47:26  Show Profile  Visit Steven Schend's Homepage Send Steven Schend a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just about every thought I ever had re: elven craftworks went into Cormanthyr, Fall of Myth Drannor, or Blackstaff (the novel). Can't help beyond that (or any notes for the same refs that you probably already have).

Steven

For current projects and general natter, see www.steveneschend.com
Go to Top of Page

sleyvas
Skilled Spell Strategist

USA
11696 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2014 :  23:45:49  Show Profile Send sleyvas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
the non-realms specific stuff, like leafweave armor, elven lightblade, elven thinblade, elven courtblade, serpentstongue arrow, thistledown suits, wildwood armor, elven harps, etc... of course, to incorporate some of that would mean that things like the Saelas tree (which makes wildwood) exists in the realms.

Alavairthae, may your skill prevail

Phillip aka Sleyvas
Go to Top of Page

ericlboyd
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
2066 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  01:46:46  Show Profile  Visit ericlboyd's Homepage Send ericlboyd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by sleyvas

the non-realms specific stuff, like leafweave armor, elven lightblade, elven thinblade, elven courtblade, serpentstongue arrow, thistledown suits, wildwood armor, elven harps, etc... of course, to incorporate some of that would mean that things like the Saelas tree (which makes wildwood) exists in the realms.

I like a lot of the Races of the Wild stuff, but I'm trying to collect Realms-specific elf crafts.

--Eric

--
http://www.ericlboyd.com/dnd/
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  07:37:34  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
There was the Volo's Dragon article by Ed re the Crumbling Stair that noted a form of elven glass hanging chandelier. I'll dig up the reference when I'm home tonight.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

kysus
Learned Scribe

USA
106 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  19:00:27  Show Profile  Visit kysus's Homepage Send kysus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Eric,
There is a type of elven sculpture called a Frozenfalls listed in Dragon magazine 275 pg 93. Its in a Volo article by Ed Greenwood where its described as a type of waterfall sculpture made out of floating gems and has varies magical abilities and was apparently really popular during Myth Drannors hay day.
I have an ongoing query with Ed about them and if there were any other types of elven artworks or architecture that he may have had in his notes, so you may be able to get more information from him on that subject.

P.S I have a question on elven naming conventions for you, if you have time.
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
6646 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  21:00:19  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
That's the one. Kysus has done the heavy lifting for me.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page

Duneth Despana
Learned Scribe

Belgium
273 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2014 :  21:08:40  Show Profile Send Duneth Despana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
V'sGttSC mention several items of elven craft in the Evereska and Halfway Inn entries.

« There is no overriding « epic » in the Realms, but rather a large number of stories, adventures, and encounters going on all the time. [...]. Each creative mind adds to the base, creating, defining, and making their contribution to the rich diversity of the Realms. [...]. But Ed built the stage upon which all the plays are presented. Thanks Ed. » -FR Comic no.1
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000