Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Cormyr: Places Not On The Map
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 2

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  04:58:14  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Here you'll find a collection of obscure locations in Cormyr, such as those found in novels, adventures and Dragon/Dungeon magazine articles.

The idea is to supplement information found in primary Cormyr sourcebooks (such as Volo's Guide to Cormyr) so that we can have a full accounting of the many sites, buildings and places that can be found in the Forest Kingdom.

If you know of an out of the way location in Cormyr that's mentioned in published Realmslore, please mention it here (along with a source name and page number, or web address if an online source) so it can be added to this collection.

Thank you.

JUMP TO A LETTER:
C, G, H, L, M, S, T,

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 17 Dec 2014 08:31:37

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:35:32  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:37:20  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
B

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:38:13  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
C

Castle Irlingstar
Greenwood, Ed (2013). Elminster Enraged. Paperback edition.
  • A prison castle that houses murderous and treacherous nobles of Cormyr.

Castle Stone
A Matter of Thorns (Realms of Infamy). p.?
  • A castle atop a hill adjacent to the Immerflow. Its gate is made of oak and its towers of granite.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 17 Dec 2014 09:21:03
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:39:20  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
D

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:40:18  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
E

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:48:50  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
F

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:50:00  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
G

Gyrlondposts
Greenwood, Ed. "Eye on the Realms: Thormil's Secret". Dungeon #194. p.2
  • Country estate of House Gyrlond in Cormyr. Located to the east of Heldul's Rest.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 14 Dec 2014 08:37:03
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:51:37  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
H

Havenmere
Dungeon #14. "A Question of Balance". p.14.
Looking for all about Cormyr. http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9685&whichpage=19#457837
  • A village situated in the Thunder Peaks approximately one to two miles south of Thunder Gap.

Heldul's Rest
  • A waystop on the north side of the Way of the Maticore, halfway between Wheloon and Dreamer's Rock.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 14 Dec 2014 08:29:59
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:54:20  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:55:44  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
J

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:56:54  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
K

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  05:58:35  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
L

The Lost Palace of Esparin
Questions for Ed Greenwood (2014). http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=13186&whichpage=35#297582

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 12 Dec 2014 07:07:30
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:02:35  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
M

Margrath's Rest
Questions for Ed Greenwood (2014). http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=18725&whichpage=30#459690
  • A rock covered coast location located far to the west of Suzail, where ships were run ashore and then stripped of their fittings.

• Named after a retired naval captain that lived out his final years in hut on the beach.

• NOTE: This location has not seen use in decades. Also, not all ships were run aground. Some were set afire and burned until they sank in the waves.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 06 Nov 2014 05:34:19
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:05:23  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
N

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:06:28  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
O

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:07:18  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
P

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:08:57  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Q

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:11:44  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
R

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:14:30  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
S

Stag Well
Dungeon 176. "Tarmel Drouth, Outcast Noble". p.87.
  • An upland family mansion where the Illances regularly gather at the tail end of summer.

Stonewatch
  • A garrison keep for Purple Dragons. Located at Heldult's Rest.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 16 Dec 2014 08:29:20
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:20:45  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
T

Tethgard
Crown of Fire. Edition?
Questions for Ed Greenwood (2007). http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8518&whichpage=46
  • A ruin of stone, where once a castle stood in the time of elven rule over the lands called the Wolf Woods--now present day Cormyr.

Thundarlun
Crown of Fire. Edition? p.?
  • A small village that stands between the Thunder Gap and the Hullack Forest.

Edited by - Jeremy Grenemyer on 14 Dec 2014 08:17:57
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:22:24  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
U

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:24:10  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
V

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:25:09  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
W

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:27:55  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
X

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:29:52  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Y

Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  06:35:26  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Z

Go to Top of Page

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2014 :  15:12:45  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Castle Stone from the short story A Matter of Thorns by James M. Ward in Realms of Infamy.
quote:
"It was a meaningless little castle, perched on a high hill overlooking an insignificant spur of the Immerflow River, protecting nothing. The military minds of neighboring Cormyr didn't consider the keep—known as Castle Stone—worth the troops it would take to occupy, so they left it alone and labeled it strategically useless. The sixty-odd souls who lived in the village that squatted around the castle walls thought otherwise. They were fiercely proud that Castle Stone had never been defeated in battle. Small wonder: the granite towers and oaken gate had never been attacked."

I've placed it in that vale (on older maps) that appears just above the Hullack Forest and the Thunderpeaks just north of it. Technically 'in Cormyr', but having about the same status as the Stonelands or the Tunlands (claimed, but not really exerting any authority over).

Thundarlun - a tiny village on the very edge of Cormyr, where the Hullack Forest meets the Thunder Gap. Its primary purpose is as a border-gaurd for the gap passage. From Crown of Fire by Ed Greenwood. Although mostly destroyed in that novel, I would expect it to have been quickly rebuilt (Cormyr does NOT leave its borders undefended).

Tethgard - Ruins of a past realm within the Hullack Forest, related to the Netherese and pre-dating Cormyr. The site itself appeared briefly in Crown of Fire, and Ed's full response as to its lore can be found HERE.

I've already mentioned Havenmere in another thread.

There are a couple of tiny villages that were burned to the ground in a Dungeon (#80) adventure, that I am still waiting for a reply on from Ed.

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Edited by - Markustay on 04 Nov 2014 03:41:03
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2014 :  08:33:42  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, sir.

Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2014 :  14:51:16  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
The Lost Palace of Esparin? The Knights of Myth Drannor found their way into it in Ed's novel The Sword Never Sleeps.
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2014 :  15:31:35  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Not sure if Noktil has appeared on any official maps... it's in the 2e Cormyr book (p 28-29) but not on the map that came with it.
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 2 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000