Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 General Forgotten Realms Chat
 ill leave you to your gang
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  19:35:14  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message  Delete Topic
Wooly Rupert says
"The fact that people don't agree with you does not make this an anti-intellectual forum.

It is rather noteworthy that every time someone disagrees with you -- on any topic -- you say they are wrong, and claim that either facts or reality back you up. Even when someone with more experience than you speaks on a particular topic, you insist that only you are right.

I'm closing this discussion, for the same reason I closed a previous thread by you -- I'm getting tired of the "I'm the only person here who is right!" attitude, and the fact that you seem incapable of admitting to the possibility of not being right on something.

If you want to actually debate things here, you need to learn that debate consists of more than always claiming to be right and insulting everyone else."

as i said if you do not want to talk about intellectual issues then that makes you anti-intellectual,

secondly experience does not mean u are automatically right. some people with experience are wrong the same reason someone without experience is wrong. you saying that is just u wanting to wave around experience as an automatic win. your arguing can go unquestioned.
also its an ad-hominem as you are supposed to attack the argument not the person.

i dont know if you know this but facts are independent of popularity. meaning that no matter if 1 person holds the sun goes around the earth, or 10000 do or 1000000 do. the earth is round. facts are facts.
And if you are Galileo and you march up and say that the earth revolves around the sun you are right. but u think that if enough people yell and threaten Galileo then the Earth will not revolve around the sun. either because of you claim to your numbers or to your "experience" with what not.

I don't concede to anything not stemming from the facts. Ill consider that i am wrong when i see facts to suggests so. until then im not budging an inch from my position.

ive been insulted the most here and never insulted someone else when he didn admit himself to what he is. secondly you dont enter a debate if you do not think you are right. what mentally incompetent mind would go into a debate ready to fudge their position is beyond me.

if this is your conception of truth and its value there is no use talking to u and defantly no use debating with you.

Knowledge is Power

Lyiat
Seeker

91 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  19:48:19  Show Profile Send Lyiat a Private Message
I do really wish there was a way to report threads. Wooly, where are you?

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you." ~ Minsc
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  19:48:30  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message
quote:
Originally posted by Xal Valzar
secondly you dont enter a debate if you do not think you are right.

Sure, but there's a fine difference between thinking you are right, and refusing to admit the possibility that you could be wrong.

Facts are facts, but facts can be interpreted in different ways.

Regardless, I don't expect this scroll to be left open for long either. Have fun.

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

Xal Valzar
Learned Scribe

Argentina
214 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  19:52:47  Show Profile Send Xal Valzar a Private Message
"Facts are facts, but facts can be interpreted in different ways."

i came back because i thought there might be some chance but now ill just delete my account.

facts are facts and there is one itnerprtation for a fact. there is no fact for you and no fact for me and fact for the jews and fact for the aryian.
secondly demanding that i admit yhe possblity for me to be wrong with no evidence is an attempt to put in the arbitrary. my convictions do not correspond to ur arbitrary whims, deal with it.

Knowledge is Power
Go to Top of Page

Lyiat
Seeker

91 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  20:09:11  Show Profile Send Lyiat a Private Message
Tanthalas, Xal learned how to debate from the movie Matilda.

"I'm smart; you're dumb; I'm big; you're little; I'm right; you're wrong, and there's nothing you can do about it."

You can't squeeze blood from a stone. Stop trying.

"Stand and deliver, that my hamster might have a better look at you." ~ Minsc
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2014 :  20:16:55  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message
Xal, you continue to demonstrate the behavior I spoke of.

Accordingly, this thread will also be locked.

You can leave your account open -- I'm not going to touch that; I haven't a reason to. You're welcome to return any time, provided you demonstrate a willingness to respect opinions other than your own.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000