Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Neverwinter 1489
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

trellian
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2014 :  15:59:41  Show Profile  Visit trellian's Homepage Send trellian a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Hi all,

So I skipped the entire Realms at 4th edition, but might be coming back now that I discovered 5th edition. Seems that the timeline has skipped 10 years since 4th edition.

I do have the Neverwinter Campaign Setting from 4th edition though, and I was wondering what Neverwinter would be like 10 years down the line? Has any of the factions succeeded in their goals? Anyone out of the picture?

Markustay
Realms Explorer extraordinaire

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2014 :  18:21:47  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, the Lost Mine of Phandelver (5e) touches upon the same exact region, and it doesn't seem like much has changed at all (which is good, because I am mashing it all together).

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

trellian
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2014 :  21:04:48  Show Profile  Visit trellian's Homepage Send trellian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was thinking the same thing. I have played through the Lost Mine, but the small village is getting a little small for my players so I am thinking of sending them back up to Neverwinter. I never did play 4th edition, so I might as well mash them together.
Go to Top of Page

Jeremy Grenemyer
Great Reader

USA
2717 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  04:33:57  Show Profile Send Jeremy Grenemyer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by trellian

I do have the Neverwinter Campaign Setting from 4th edition though, and I was wondering what Neverwinter would be like 10 years down the line? Has any of the factions succeeded in their goals? Anyone out of the picture?
I'd like to know too.

Sure wish there was money in the WotC budget to revisit Neverwinter in another sourcebook, perhaps for 5E.

Look for me and my content at EN World (user name: sanishiver).
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  04:49:27  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We're going to need another Savage Frontier sourcebook after the bloodthirsty Warlord Hartusk is done with the Silver Marches methinks. ;)
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  13:56:56  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If you are going to be using everything (as I am), you may want to use THIS as a reference.

Ignore the stuff on the left there - I moved my Swordcoast over in-place of the Unapproachable East (so EVERYTHING is around the Inner Sea). That would include Qwathmear (homebrew - a half-submerged Elven city), Poisson (from Map Folio I), Ironfang Keep (which now straddles the Lis like some sort of titanic bridge), and the 4 unreadable entries (which are all canon, but to the Moonsea, not here). I am pretty certain everything else on that map is (Swordcoast) canon.

I'd have the full campaign map done by now (as promised), but a more important project came up. Don't worry, in the end, you'll all realize it was worth it (for BOTH projects... not to mention at least 3 others .

"I have never in my life learned anything from any man who agreed with me" --- Dudley Field Malone

Go to Top of Page

trellian
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2014 :  17:26:38  Show Profile  Visit trellian's Homepage Send trellian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Cool !
Go to Top of Page

trellian
Acolyte

19 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  08:54:32  Show Profile  Visit trellian's Homepage Send trellian a Private Message  Reply with Quote
If the spellplague has ended though, what happens with the Chasm, the Sovereignity and the plague-changed? I'm more than happy to retcon the entire spellplague though. Neverwinter has enough troubles after Mt Hotenow as it is. The chasm may still contain aboleths, and they may still send up charmed monsters, aberrations, etc.
Go to Top of Page

Markustay

USA
15724 Posts

Posted - 17 Oct 2014 :  14:07:46  Show Profile Send Markustay a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, until we see some sort of 5e campaign guide, the answer is, "whatever YOU want to have happened".

The way I spin things, some sort of uber-'big bad' happened about a century ago, and the Spellplague was just a small part of it - I make it out to be more like what happened during the ToT, with all sorts of 'wild magic' running amok. Wars were fought, lots of folks died, empires & kingdoms fell, yada yada yada... and now I have my campaign.

Thats the super-simplified version, minus all the non-FR bits I've lumped in (for instance, both Mystra and Aroden died/disappeared, and no mortal knows what truly happened, although there are hundreds of theories). I have kept Abeir as a sister-world in the same orbit on the other side of the sun - its a convenient 'dumping ground' for stuff I still want around, but not directly on my world, and some very powerful beings may be able to open gates between the two (or there may be random ones still left lying around in the 'scarred lands'). Since my world is an amalgam setting, I don't have to worry about explaining transposed pieces of terrain (I find this much easier then trying to stick to the FR canon, which is a jumbled mess now).

Edited by - Markustay on 17 Oct 2014 14:09:05
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000