Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Products
 Forgotten Realms Novels
 Google Hangout with the Sundering Six
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  15:01:57  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
All,

Tomorrow night at 8PM EST, WotC is hosting a Google Hangout with the Sundering Six. It is open to the public worldwide, so I hope you'll join us and ask some questions.

Event link is here: https://plus.google.com/u/0/events/c33rlgs5vhqagionc0al1ivc08s

I think you can also watch via WotC's Youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/DNDWizards

jornan
Learned Scribe

Canada
256 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  16:16:09  Show Profile Send jornan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Paul, do you know if there will be a transcript available to read afterwards as I won't be able to attend. Thanks
Go to Top of Page

Tanthalas
Senior Scribe

Portugal
508 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  18:45:08  Show Profile Send Tanthalas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Would be nice if WotC signed you up for more books too instead of just having you at the google hangout.

Far too late for me to watch from over here in Portugal though. :(

Not sure if this kind of fan feedback will be addressed, but personally, while I liked each individual book (granted some more than others), I was disappointed in how The Sundering books barely had anything to do with the actual Sundering. It was more like that the Sundering was just a backdrop that was barely touched upon.

Off-topic: When is the next Egil & Nix book coming out?

Sir Markham pointed out, drinking another brandy. "A chap who can point at you and say 'die' has the distinct advantage".
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  19:40:42  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by jornan

Hi Paul, do you know if there will be a transcript available to read afterwards as I won't be able to attend. Thanks

That's a great question. I honestly don't know. I wouldn't be surprised if it's recorded and made available via the WotC YouTube channel at a later date. But I'm not certain of that.
Go to Top of Page

PaulSKemp
Forgotten Realms Author

808 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2014 :  19:43:43  Show Profile  Visit PaulSKemp's Homepage  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Tanthalas

Would be nice if WotC signed you up for more books too instead of just having you at the google hangout.

Far too late for me to watch from over here in Portugal though. :(

Not sure if this kind of fan feedback will be addressed, but personally, while I liked each individual book (granted some more than others), I was disappointed in how The Sundering books barely had anything to do with the actual Sundering. It was more like that the Sundering was just a backdrop that was barely touched upon.

Off-topic: When is the next Egil & Nix book coming out?

Well, I'm hopeful WotC and I can work things out eventually and I can do more books. I'd love to do them.

And I understand your criticism of the way the Sundering was portrayed (as a background event against which the stories of the various characters took place). I liked that it was done that way, but I understand that approach is not to the taste of everyone.

As for Egil and Nix: Thank you for asking! Next year, though I"m not sure of the month yet. Title is A CONVERSATION IN BLOOD.
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  00:38:35  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bumping this so those (like me) who mainly watch active topics will get a reminder.
Go to Top of Page

xaeyruudh
Master of Realmslore

USA
1853 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  03:21:32  Show Profile  Visit xaeyruudh's Homepage Send xaeyruudh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you to everyone who made this happen.
Go to Top of Page

Delwa
Master of Realmslore

USA
1268 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  03:41:08  Show Profile  Visit Delwa's Homepage Send Delwa a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'll second that thank you! Was very enjoyable.

- Delwa Aunglor
I am off to slay yon refrigerator and spoil it's horde. Go for the cheese, Boo!

"The Realms change; seldom at the speed desired of those who strive, but far too quickly for those who resist." - The Simbul, taken from the Forgotten Realms Campaign Conspectus
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  04:15:09  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'd be very interested in a transcript or recording. With the time difference (I'm in Osaka, Japan), I'd have to join during the day at work, and my boss might have something to say about that.....
Go to Top of Page

Seravin
Master of Realmslore

Canada
1265 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  04:37:48  Show Profile Send Seravin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Erin was great. She's very personable and charismatic. Not that Ed, Bob and Paul aren't of course. Ed's connection wasn't that great I had trouble hearing him sometimes. Sidebar, why is no one discussing Rise of the King here? I know we're not big Bob/Drizzt fans at Candlekeep but still...
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Senior Scribe

Japan
382 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  05:21:24  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Seravin
Sidebar, why is no one discussing Rise of the King here? I know we're not big Bob/Drizzt fans at Candlekeep but still...

Hey, start a thread, and I'll certainly join it! I enjoyed the novel, but to some extent it felt like a build-up to the climax/denouement which will presumably come in the next one (Veangance of the Iron Dwarf, due in Feb next year apparently).
Go to Top of Page

Merrith
Learned Scribe

135 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  05:44:02  Show Profile  Visit Merrith's Homepage Send Merrith a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by BenN

quote:
Originally posted by Seravin
Sidebar, why is no one discussing Rise of the King here? I know we're not big Bob/Drizzt fans at Candlekeep but still...

Hey, start a thread, and I'll certainly join it! I enjoyed the novel, but to some extent it felt like a build-up to the climax/denouement which will presumably come in the next one (Veangance of the Iron Dwarf, due in Feb next year apparently).

Yeah I'm surprised there isn't a thread for it up yet. Enjoyed it as well, interesting to see the cast of characters being set up. Hinting at tie ins to more large events and bringing the larger group into the same conflict make me think it'll take more books to actually come to the climax.
Go to Top of Page

ErinMEvans
Forgotten Realms Author

USA
294 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  05:44:14  Show Profile  Visit ErinMEvans's Homepage Send ErinMEvans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Here is a link to the video on YouTube! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMm6zvNkTkc&feature=youtu.be. It was great fun. i hope they do more of them in the future.

(Also: Aw shucks. Thanks Seravin! :) )

www.slushlush.com
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1446 Posts

Posted - 08 Oct 2014 :  16:58:47  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for that Erin, caught the rest of it via that Youtube vid. :)

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000