Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Realmslore
 Sages of Realmslore
 Timeline 1450-Present (SPOILERS!!!)
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 3

cidervampire
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2015 :  22:33:09  Show Profile Send cidervampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for this excellent resource. I'm using this chronology to base my campaign on.
How well is the timeline holding up with the Homecoming novels and the Rage of Demons storyline?
Go to Top of Page

Eilserus
Master of Realmslore

USA
1356 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2015 :  00:58:55  Show Profile Send Eilserus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I was actually just thinking of this and can't for the life of me remember what the date was at the end of Archmage.
Go to Top of Page

sno4wy
Learned Scribe

USA
274 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2015 :  03:42:27  Show Profile Send sno4wy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I remember Perkins saying something about if you take the events of the Homecoming novels to be canonical, then the Rage of Demons storyline would start around late 1485. Otherwise, early 1490s.
Go to Top of Page

cidervampire
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 20 Dec 2015 :  03:50:24  Show Profile Send cidervampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So still before the end of The Sundering! This is getting a bit crazy
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
192 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2015 :  20:40:20  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Guess why I'm getting a headache by putting together this timeline...
Thanks to Irennan and Arioch for the infos :) already added most of them to the timeline.
Although I had hoped that the Sword Coast Adventurers Guide would pinpoint some of the events, I get even more confusing data. Some of the years given there, compared to the Salvatore novels are obviously wrong. And some novels seem to not have happend yet, as the status quo on the Moonshae Isles is still the same as before 'Rose of Sarifal'.
And Elminster hints somewhere in Spellstorm (clearly after 1487 DR) that Tiamat is up to something right now on the Sword Coast, although the happenings within the Salvatore books again indicate otherwise.

And Archmage ends on the 15th Nightal 1486 DR. (Pg.356)

Edited by - Lirdolin on 21 Dec 2015 20:44:24
Go to Top of Page

perlmugp
Seeker

USA
37 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2015 :  21:23:57  Show Profile  Visit perlmugp's Homepage Send perlmugp a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Is Adventurers League stuff considered canon for the likes of this timeline? If so there is a bunch of additional info and dates in some of the stuff they have put out.

--Zoomable Map of Faerun--
Go to Top of Page

Irennan
Great Reader

Italy
2602 Posts

Posted - 30 Dec 2015 :  21:33:07  Show Profile Send Irennan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lirdolin
And some novels seem to not have happend yet, as the status quo on the Moonshae Isles is still the same as before 'Rose of Sarifal'.

Idk what ''Rose of Sarifal'' brought, but the SCAG is set somewhere between 1489 DR and 1492 DR. If something contradicts novels with events that happened before, I think that it's safe to assume that what happened in them has been reverted by the Sundering, since the book ''details'' the status quo of the FR.

About the difference between the dates in novels and those in the SCAG, those seem to be a continuity problem. They surely need some traffic cop to take care of this, as such an error happened as soon as like 1 year into 5e...

To all Facebook-using FR fans, you might be interested in checking out this page: https://www.facebook.com/groups/450517575051806/

Edited by - Irennan on 30 Dec 2015 21:36:13
Go to Top of Page

cidervampire
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2015 :  17:45:52  Show Profile Send cidervampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't read Archmage but does the Rage of Demons storyline have to end before the book ends?

Edited by - cidervampire on 31 Dec 2015 19:24:18
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

307 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2016 :  22:08:18  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
WOW!

This time line is canon?

It seems pretty dang use able even if it's not.

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!

Edited by - froglegg on 03 Jan 2016 22:09:16
Go to Top of Page

BenN
Learned Scribe

Japan
335 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2016 :  02:56:33  Show Profile Send BenN a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Lirdolin
And some novels seem to not have happend yet, as the status quo on the Moonshae Isles is still the same as before 'Rose of Sarifal'.

I'm happy if that novel is being officially ignored & excised from canon.
Go to Top of Page

cidervampire
Acolyte

United Kingdom
4 Posts

Posted - 14 Jul 2016 :  20:24:29  Show Profile Send cidervampire a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any chance of an update?
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
192 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2016 :  18:52:15  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I haven't given up on this little Project, but more recently I updated my Waterdeep thread to 1491, and I'll add the dates I got there to the timeline when I find the time. Currently I'm a bit frustrated to put the timeline into a correct order because of some contradicting infomations from novels and adventures.

Edited by - Lirdolin on 20 Jul 2016 18:55:45
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
192 Posts

Posted - 31 Jul 2016 :  19:51:13  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
A little update with infos from Death Masks (E:DM), Sword Coast Adventurers Guide (SCAG), Elminster's Forgotten Realms (EFR) and Ashes of the Tyrant (BA IV).

Edited by - Lirdolin on 31 Jul 2016 21:14:57
Go to Top of Page

KanzenAU
Senior Scribe

Australia
634 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2016 :  06:25:38  Show Profile Send KanzenAU a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just finished reading Spellstorm, the date is "late Tarsakh" in the Year of Dwarvenkind Reborn at the start of the book - so you had it right. It could extend into early Mirtul but I'm not sure.

quote:
Of all the diners in the exclusive and expensive Dragon Rampant on whom he was spying on in this unusually warm night in late Tarsakh of the Year of Dwarvenkind Reborn, Halaunt bore the nastiest reputation by far.

Thanks for your diligent work!

Regional maps for Waterdeep, Triboar, Ardeep Forest, and Cormyr on DM's Guild, plus a campaign sized map for the North
Go to Top of Page

Lirdolin
Learned Scribe

Germany
192 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2016 :  23:40:28  Show Profile  Visit Lirdolin's Homepage Send Lirdolin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks for the month and the praise :)
Go to Top of Page

Portuguese D. Ace
Seeker

Italy
70 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2017 :  16:26:43  Show Profile Send Portuguese D. Ace a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Any info from Hero and The Devil you know?

thank you for yourwork, it's amazing

===== Since English is not my first language, I pre-emptively apologize for any (grammar) mistake that has been made in my post. In order to help me improve my English, please, point out those mistakes (If you could do it politely, it would be even better!). Thanks! =====

BRING BACK THE REALMS, AND DO IT WITH STYLE!

Edited by - Portuguese D. Ace on 22 Jan 2017 22:41:27
Go to Top of Page

Arioch
Learned Scribe

Italy
220 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2017 :  09:28:29  Show Profile  Visit Arioch's Homepage Send Arioch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ok... totally off topic but:

"Pericolo Topolino" ... sounds so very silly in Italian!

"Danger Mickey Mouse" or "Danger baby mouse"
Go to Top of Page

George Krashos
Master of Realmslore

Australia
4788 Posts

Posted - 10 Feb 2017 :  14:10:10  Show Profile Send George Krashos a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salvatore and his crazy names. Whimsical author stuff at its best. When you get big enough, you just can't be edited.

-- George Krashos

"Because only we, contrary to the barbarians, never count the enemy in battle." -- Aeschylus
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 3 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000