Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 40

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1069 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2019 :  17:20:05  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Back after a long adventure... Great to see that this place still exists

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Priests in Forgotten Realms.
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9609&whichpage=1

Edited by - Victor_ograygor on 17 Jul 2019 17:20:54
Go to Top of Page

no
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2019 :  02:56:52  Show Profile Send no a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, fellow seekers of knowledge!
I can't wait to uncover this library's lore and hopefully contribute my own someday. Safe travels, and never stop learning!

...and that's why I'm banned from Mechanus.
Go to Top of Page

The Scribe
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 14 Dec 2019 :  03:59:22  Show Profile Send The Scribe a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, fellow knowledge seekers! I am a relatively nameless Scribe who has been recording his adventures, and have been working on a couple of semi-original story ideas based on the Forgotten Realms. Hopefully I'll be able to upload the ideas on here, and look forward to learning more about the ancient lore of the Sage of Shadowdale!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5640 Posts

Posted - 16 Dec 2019 :  16:22:21  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep. I hope ye enjoy thy stay herein amongst the many scrolls and tomes of lore.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

MrSukx
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2020 :  02:52:57  Show Profile Send MrSukx a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you for allowing me into your trove of knowledge and reposit of lore.
I look forward my stay here.

"When everyone lies, telling the truth isn't just rebellion. It's an act of revolution. So think carefully when you speak it, because the truth is a weapon."
~Takeshi Kovacs
Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Great Reader

USA
2250 Posts

Posted - 21 Feb 2020 :  02:58:29  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Acolyte MrSukx,

Welcome to the 'Keep!

You'll find a great many people here who are awesome!

There are fantastic moderators such as Master Sage, Master Rupert, and of course, the vaunted Master Alaundo the Wisest of Seers!

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by MrSukx

Thank you for allowing me into your trove of knowledge and reposit of lore.
I look forward my stay here.

Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Junder_Sunstar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2020 :  09:48:39  Show Profile Send Junder_Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good morning everyone, and well met.

Although originally from the land of the Sun (Greece) I currently reside in the UK for the last 7 years, and specifically in Scotland for the last 2. I have been an avid and active player since '89, when I was first introduced to the "Black Box" of D&D, and I still play 2nd edition Ad&d. I currently run two campaigns, o Forgotten Realm ones in Under Illefarn and a very very long running one, in the Lands of the Mists, Ravenloft, during the Grand Conjuction.

Although I have been through the Candlekeep forums previously, I never joined (no idea why), and since I totally distance myself from the social media in general, I just decided to come and say hello.

Quite excited to be here, I also realised that I misspelled Jander's name, so please be gentle! Thank you!

"The Lord of Murder shall perish, but in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos will be sewn from their passage. So sayeth the wise Alaundo."
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 18 Apr 2020 :  13:41:21  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Junder_Sunstar

Good morning everyone, and well met.

Although originally from the land of the Sun (Greece) I currently reside in the UK for the last 7 years, and specifically in Scotland for the last 2. I have been an avid and active player since '89, when I was first introduced to the "Black Box" of D&D, and I still play 2nd edition Ad&d. I currently run two campaigns, o Forgotten Realm ones in Under Illefarn and a very very long running one, in the Lands of the Mists, Ravenloft, during the Grand Conjuction.

Although I have been through the Candlekeep forums previously, I never joined (no idea why), and since I totally distance myself from the social media in general, I just decided to come and say hello.

Quite excited to be here, I also realised that I misspelled Jander's name, so please be gentle! Thank you!

Welcome to Candlekeep. Your namesake made a cameo appearance in Baldur's Gate: Descent into Avernus. I have no idea how he left the Demiplane of Dread.
Go to Top of Page

ViruViru
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2020 :  11:13:56  Show Profile Send ViruViru a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, everybody!

I hope to stay on the forums for a little while. I've been looking for a place online a bit off the beaten path, where I could discuss roleplaying and such. Hope I found the right place!

I probably don't go as far back as some of the users here, but I've been interested in roleplaying games for close to 20 years now, and don't intend on stopping.
Go to Top of Page

Delnyn
Senior Scribe

USA
482 Posts

Posted - 22 Apr 2020 :  12:18:26  Show Profile Send Delnyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by ViruViru

Hello, everybody!

I hope to stay on the forums for a little while. I've been looking for a place online a bit off the beaten path, where I could discuss roleplaying and such. Hope I found the right place!

I probably don't go as far back as some of the users here, but I've been interested in roleplaying games for close to 20 years now, and don't intend on stopping.

Welcome to Candlekeep. There are some really smart scribes in this community. Quite a few of them have over 40 years experience, so you have quite a historical perspective available. Enjoy your stay.
Go to Top of Page

AliMaClan
Acolyte

Canada
15 Posts

Posted - 01 May 2020 :  15:07:14  Show Profile Send AliMaClan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met,
Having returned to the sunlit uplands of my youthful pursuits, I am searching for a suitable tome to begin my studies...

After a 35year hiatus from dungeoning and high fantasy, my son has become an avid D&D player and I have fallen under its spell again.
But where to begin in my study of lore?
I wonder if any kind and learned soul would direct me to the "must reads" section of the library?

Exiled from the realms for 35 years on a quest for the lost chord. I return empty handed to resume my studies...
Go to Top of Page

The Cavalier
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2020 :  19:18:57  Show Profile Send The Cavalier a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all!

Been an avid collector of FR novels starting some years ago, with the whole quarantine I decided it was about time to dust off my novels and finally read through the collection. Also DMing a campaign based in Baldur's Gate, and am currently writing a piece of fiction/a love letter to the FR, so I'll likely be asking questions for both in the near future. Finally hope to encounter some friendly people here who share my passion for the setting!

See you all in the forums!

If there's anything I've learned as a DM, it's never give the players access to a Wish spell in the first session.
Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Learned Scribe

280 Posts

Posted - 06 May 2020 :  23:01:10  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I have got to say that this place has been my secret weapon for running my various modified OOTA runs.

Thank you scholars.
@Patt

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, RIP Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
595 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2020 :  01:44:46  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote

quote:
Originally posted by AliMaClan
I wonder if any kind and learned soul would direct me to the "must reads" section of the library?

"Everything is a 'must read'" is the only correct answer here, AliMaClan! Best solution is to figure out exactly what you're interested in, and start a thread on it (or do a search to see if there is one already).

And The Cavalier, we're all friendly here! And passionate, as well.

....and a bit weird, too (pay no attention to the giant hamster over in the corner)

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

PattPlays
Learned Scribe

280 Posts

Posted - 07 May 2020 :  02:05:04  Show Profile  Visit PattPlays's Homepage Send PattPlays a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yo, hype to me getting my first star after literally just talking about Out Of The Abyss for 3 years.
@Patt

:The world's greatest OOTA fan/critic: :"Powder kegs within powder kegs!": :Meta-Dimensional Cheese: :Why is the Wand of Orcus just back?: :We still don't know the nature of Souls and the Positive Energy Plane: :PC on profile, Aldritch Elpyptrat Maxinfield: :Helljumpers, Bungie.net: :Rock Hard Gladiator, RIP Fluidanim, RIP Pluto: :IRC lives:

https://thisisstorytelling.wordpress.com

T_P_T
Go to Top of Page

tangelo1023
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 24 Aug 2020 :  17:51:40  Show Profile Send tangelo1023 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, happy to be here. Been chronologically reading everything in the Realms and I'm hoping to finish before BG3 is out.
Go to Top of Page

Wendolyn
Seeker

55 Posts

Posted - 03 Sep 2020 :  16:23:16  Show Profile Send Wendolyn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings all!

Started my Dungeons and Dragons journey back in 2nd edition AD&D and have been playing and proselytizing ever since. I've mostly done my own homebrew campaigns, but over the past few years I've started gravitating more and more to running sessions set in the Forgotten Realms and I have found this forum a great resource. I still have so many burning questions about the realms, like "where do souls come from?" and the best leads I've got have always come from the scribes of Candlekeep. So I decided to stop lurking and join in the fun!
Go to Top of Page

kythorn12
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2020 :  14:56:23  Show Profile Send kythorn12 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone. Like Wendolyn above me, I'm not new to running games, but I'm just starting to run my games in this world. I've always been a big fan of the Baldur's Gate games, and I'm looking forward to learning more about the Forgotten Realms.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5640 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2020 :  23:14:02  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, new Scribes.

Glad to see some new faces wandering around these halls of knowledge. Enjoy thy stay herein.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Candelero58
Acolyte

Spain
0 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2020 :  10:08:08  Show Profile Send Candelero58 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello! Greetings from Spain. Sorry because my English isn't full.
I have read the FR novels in Spanish, but not all are translated so I start to read the novels in English. I hope I can learn more in this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
34710 Posts

Posted - 28 Nov 2020 :  16:22:00  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Candelero58

Hello! Greetings from Spain. Sorry because my English isn't full.
I have read the FR novels in Spanish, but not all are translated so I start to read the novels in English. I hope I can learn more in this forum.

Don't worry about your English. It's a sad truth that a lot of folks that speak English as a native tongue still can't speak it well.

(and even fewer have anything even approaching fluency in another language)

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!

Edited by - Wooly Rupert on 28 Nov 2020 16:22:30
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5640 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2020 :  12:13:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Candelero58

Welcome to Candlekeep. There are many knowledgable scribes herein and a vast amount of tomes of lore to feast your eyes upon. Enjoy your stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Athreeren
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2021 :  10:08:51  Show Profile Send Athreeren a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone! I am amazed by the erudition of the sages here, and the level of attention given to the most minute details, to make the Realms feel like a lived place. I look forward to having all my strangest questions answered in ways that will certainly lead to more!
Go to Top of Page

AJA
Senior Scribe

USA
595 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2021 :  00:40:28  Show Profile Send AJA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Athreeren
Hello everyone! I am amazed by the erudition of the sages here, and the level of attention given to the most minute details, to make the Realms feel like a lived place. I look forward to having all my strangest questions answered in ways that will certainly lead to more!

Welcome welcome, Athreeren! The best bit of advice I can offer is, if you ask a question (strange or otherwise!) and don't happen to get any reply;

ask another!

AJA
YAFRP
Go to Top of Page

rredmond
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2021 :  20:48:13  Show Profile  Visit rredmond's Homepage Send rredmond a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Athreeren!
Be well and be welcome!

OS RPG PbP Games: www.unseenservant.us
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 40  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2021 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000