Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 38

Rogue Bard
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 27 Aug 2017 :  19:35:32  Show Profile  Visit Rogue Bard's Homepage Send Rogue Bard a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankee.

Words are the bread and beer of the bard's soul.
Go to Top of Page

mineirodabahia
Acolyte

Brazil
0 Posts

Posted - 06 Sep 2017 :  18:58:38  Show Profile Send mineirodabahia a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello there!

FG is probably my favorite scenario, and also the one the I've most played with. Very honoured to be here.

I'm kinda skilled in cartography since I actually work with a related thing (hydrologic engeneer here), so I like to spend some of my free time making fantasy maps. Lately I've been workin in some specific regions from the Realms and it would be really nice if you guys could help me one waay or another.

Hope we can help each other! ^^

Mineiro da Bahia
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 07 Sep 2017 :  08:59:12  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, minerodabahia.

Welcome to Candlekeep. Glad ye could join us in these halls of lore. I look forward to seeing thy creations and could possibly include such works within the Map Room.

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Yslanderon
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 20 Oct 2017 :  21:30:12  Show Profile Send Yslanderon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello!

I've played some of the D&D games enough times to become really fond of FR.

I stumbled on this forums a few times when i was searching for especific knowledge regarding the setting. My knowledge of D&D in general is quite limited, since i came upon it by downloading and playing an old game named Neverwinter Nights, and not by playing the tabletop version with friends.

Thank you and may the shadow of the Lady never catchs us.

"It was a plague so dangerous, a threat so grave, that it spread throughout the infinite of space and eternity of time almost effortlessly to infest the stars." - Unknown Historian
Go to Top of Page

Thogrimm
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 12 Nov 2017 :  03:58:21  Show Profile Send Thogrimm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greeting!

Long time lurker, and now posting! Played and DM'd since before AD&D, and absolutely love the world that Ed and all have created in the Forgotten Realms. I was the first in our group to fall in love and buy everything with the FR logo on it! Have been away from the game since 3rd Edition, but very much enjoying 5e now.

I am playing in a game now, but am taking the opportunity to start writing, and looking forward to asking a lot of questions of the sages of Candlekeep!

Go to Top of Page

Cloudstepping
Acolyte

United Kingdom
0 Posts

Posted - 03 Dec 2017 :  18:36:29  Show Profile Send Cloudstepping a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I'm a long-time D&D player (1979) but am just signing up to these forums. I currently play 5e, but my Realms are a big collection of material from the whole history of the setting, plus a few extra bits of my own. Hope to share some stories and ask a lot of questions. Thanks for maintaining these forums, I'm very interested in reading through.
Go to Top of Page

TomCosta
Forgotten Realms Designer

USA
588 Posts

Posted - 04 Dec 2017 :  01:43:11  Show Profile Send TomCosta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Yslanderon, Thogrimm, and Cloudstepping. Hope you all enjoy your time here.
Go to Top of Page

Allowind
Acolyte

Russia
1 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2017 :  05:27:55  Show Profile Send Allowind a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all! I'm an absolute beginner in D&D and a fun of the FR. I'm just discovering the 5e and hope to find a lot of interesting information on this forum.
Go to Top of Page

Zeromaru X
Master of Realmslore

Colombia
1122 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2017 :  05:46:49  Show Profile Send Zeromaru X a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to to forum, to all that have joined since the last time I posted.

Long ago, in the distant past, they fell into decay. The philosopher’s path... The river of glory... Even the saints resting in the darkness rise up without response and block the way...
Go to Top of Page

Balmar Foghaven
Learned Scribe

Canada
103 Posts

Posted - 31 Dec 2017 :  07:38:40  Show Profile Send Balmar Foghaven a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations, learned sages. After having silently perused the archives here at Candlekeep for some time, I have decided to finally sign up. I have been playing D&D for over 12 years, and I have to say that Forgotten Realms is one of my favorite settings. As such, this forum is a godsend.

"Despair not, for in the end all things shall work out for the best - in at least one timeline."
Go to Top of Page

Anthony Pacheco
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2018 :  06:35:11  Show Profile  Visit Anthony Pacheco's Homepage Send Anthony Pacheco a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey there. Joined a few days ago.

I have a lot of favorite FR products. The old "The Moonsea" is one I particularly enjoy. It just as so much going for it. I've played lots of FR PC games over the years (Baldur's Gate and BGII, Pool of Radiance and sequels, Neverwinter Nights and NWN2).

The one FR game I DMed was actually a NWN2 custom game in a LAN room set in the Moonsea area stating in DR400 (insert ominous music here). I had to stop when i was spending more time writing pseudo C code then DMing.

At one point I was buying all the FR accessories, but I stopped at the "Time of Troubles." Didn't like ToT, and afterwards only purchased an occasional 3E FR module. I completely avoided 4E FR. I thought ToT was bad, LOL.

While my main (pen-and paper) campaign settings I ran as a DM were Greyhawk and then Role Yer Own, I always turned to my old FR source material for inspiration.

Best Regards,
Anthony (Griffon Lore Games)

Edited by - Anthony Pacheco on 22 Jan 2018 08:33:49
Go to Top of Page

The Professor
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2018 :  15:03:11  Show Profile Send The Professor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, and Well met. I am a huge fan of The Forgotten realms though I am only really starting to get into it since I started with D&D 4e back in 2009. Now I am going to be playing Forgotten Realms in Tunnels and Trolls Deluxe Edition. I know heresy

The Professor
Go to Top of Page

Coronoides
Acolyte

Australia
1 Posts

Posted - 17 Aug 2018 :  10:14:01  Show Profile  Visit Coronoides's Homepage Send Coronoides a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi all.

Despite 30+ years of D&D I’m new to the Realm (shocking I know). Recently, however I became interested in a giant themed campaign and this led me to Ostoria. I started work on my “Age of Ostoria” on another forum and someone there kindly recommended all you esteemed sages as people who could answer my many questions. I’ll start by lurking around the forums and website to learn what I can.

Need to convert races to D&D 5e?Mathematical analysis of canon races and design rules: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/232813/The-Tinkers-Toolkit
Go to Top of Page

Taliesin ap Elphin
Acolyte

Italy
0 Posts

Posted - 22 Aug 2018 :  15:14:30  Show Profile Send Taliesin ap Elphin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone, decided to join after lots of lurking from the shadow.
Started to play in Forgotten Realms when I was around 20 and loved it since then.
Now at the "wise" age of 45 I decided that wife and daughter must learn the beauty of ad&d and I think that Faerun is the best place to start learning.
Am a bit rusty maybe but I am sure that here I will find lots of suggestion to shine again, so to speak.
A wonderful day/night to everyone and all
Luca
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 25 Aug 2018 :  10:06:45  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met

Welcome to Candlekeep, the greatest library in all the Realms. Enjoy thy stay herein, for there are many tomes and scrolls of lore and knowledgeable scribes to aid thee in thy search for lore.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

McDeath
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2018 :  20:03:27  Show Profile Send McDeath a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Good thing I'm going back and updating my email address. That earthlink one is waaaaaaaaaaay gone.

And yeah I've been a member for 11 years just about. I just don't post much.

There is no hope in the void!

Edited by - McDeath on 05 Sep 2018 20:04:36
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2018 :  22:01:35  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by McDeath

Good thing I'm going back and updating my email address. That earthlink one is waaaaaaaaaaay gone.

And yeah I've been a member for 11 years just about. I just don't post much.

Much can be gained by simply reading, McDeath. It's pleasing to hear thou art here after all this time

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Grimblade
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2018 :  21:04:07  Show Profile Send Grimblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met all.

I had several different IDs before, and have just gotten a chance to return to the Realms as a DM. Glad to see the forum is still as active as I remember.

"Yes I'm a dragon. No, no one will believe you. Yes, I could eat you. No I won't eat you. Does this cover most of the questions? I do have a lot to tell you, and it would be far easier to let you know how you can help with these out of the way." Gelsemaneth, Brass Dragon
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 09 Sep 2018 :  10:55:26  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Grimblade

Welcome again to Candlekeep, the greatest library in all the Realms! Enjoy thy stay herein.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

cpthero2
Senior Scribe

USA
472 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2018 :  23:36:40  Show Profile  Visit cpthero2's Homepage Send cpthero2 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Master Scribe Alaundo,

I realized, after taking note of Great Reader Ayrik's recommendation on 21 Sep 18 for me to create an introduction for myself, that I in fact never have done so. Yet, here I am at just over two years having an account, but I've never said hi, this is who I am. So, here goes...

I am a retired mechanized Infantryman, living in and from Spokane, WA. I use to run conventions for a living, and did bail enforcement for about (6) years after retirement. I attained my Bachelor's in Business Administration in Marketing, and followed that up with a Master's of Business Administration with a focus on Applied Economics/Marketing Research, and a Master's of Public Administration.

Currently, I am on the cusp of releasing (though the name and release date is still top secret) a podcast focusing on a deep dive into the lore of the Forgotten Realms. It's going to be a (2) hour podcast focusing discussing the lore, and then providing ideas for DM's and players on how to apply it. A significant amount of material will be aimed at politics, economics, government, legal systems, and more.

Thank you for making this site what it is, and being so welcoming.

Best regards,

quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

Well Met and Welcome traveler!

I, Alaundo, Master Scribe and seer of Candlekeep welcome you to the great library of Faerun and the Forgotten Realms. You are now in the Chambers of Lore where you will meet many other scribes and seekers of Realmslore and knowledge. We hope you enjoy your stay here and learn many new things.

Please feel free to introduce yourself with a new topic in this forum category and be welcomed warmly.

If you need any assistance during your stay then please call on me by posting within this forum or via email.

....and now, ill leave you to browse the many tomes we have....

Robert McDonell
Higher Atlar
Spirit Soaring
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5599 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2018 :  17:35:56  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, cpthero2

No matter, and thank ye for an interesting introduction indeed. Splendid, I'll certainly look forward to hearing of thy travels and discussions of lore in due course

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 38 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly