Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 38

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 18 Aug 2011 :  22:34:33  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Lakeland! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Heartless_Hidetsugu
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 19 Aug 2011 :  02:06:50  Show Profile Send Heartless_Hidetsugu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, I'm no stranger to Wotc fiction, as my username will tell you. I got into the Realms via R.A. Salvatore's Dark Elf Trilogy. Since then I have read his series, as well as the works of Kemp, and the YORD, Haunted Lands, and the three Brotherhood of the Griffin novels by Byers.

I look forward to joining in discussion about the changes to, and flavor of, the Realms. :)
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 23 Aug 2011 :  04:46:46  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Heartless_Hidetsugu! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Seabus Mythforger
Learned Scribe

76 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2011 :  07:28:12  Show Profile Send Seabus Mythforger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings! Name's Seabus Mythforger - mage, wanderer, dwarf-friend and sage. I came upon the Realms like most o' ye with the tales of Drizzt Do'Urden and the Heroes o' Icewind Dale. Unfortunately, I only discovered the Realms this past winter, tho in the last several months I've devoured enough Realmslore to set most o' yer heads spinning on yer shoulders...almost fifty tomes worth!

Tho I'm still partial to the tales o' Drizzt and friends, I've vastly expanded my knowledge of the Realms. Some o' me favorites tho include The House of Serpents, The Year of Rogue Dragons, The Cleric Quintet, Elminster stories and The War of the Spider Queen. Me favorite characters include the mighty King Bruenor Battlehammer and his friend Rumblebelly, Harkle Harpell, the Bouldershoulder "brudders", Jarlaxle Baenre and of course the powerful Elminster.

I come to ye hallowed halls o' Candlekeep to share in good conversation and better ale that I may expand my love o' Forgotten Realms with like-minded folk who share me heart with tales of sword, sorcery and adventure. Well Met!

~Seabus Mythforger,
Renegade Mage
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2011 :  10:09:50  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Seabus Mythforger! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

rhune
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  05:16:14  Show Profile Send rhune a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, I am Rhune Moonglow, cleric and mage formerly in the service of the Mother of All Magic.

It's been quite a long time since I've ventured into the realm of online forums. I admit, I've been away from Dungeons and Dragons since 3rd edition arrived, I just wasn't able to commit myself to a new ruleset. I have no opinions on 3rd, 4th, etc since I've never had a hand in playing them.

I found these boards quite by accident really. About a day before the forums went down with the server issues, I was thinking about an old friend I knew from a previous board I posted at called the db-forge. Back then, I had left those boards out of the blue as life was throwing a lot of wrenches at me. As a result, I lost contact with a lot of the posters I had befriended.

On a whim, prior to signing up to Candlekeep, I hit up google and I found my old friend, Rynonalyrna Fathomlin, posted here. However, I noticed that she hadn't posted in 2 years so I doubt the only way she'll get my PM is if she logs in again someday. I had tried to send her an email, but I believe I need a certain post count to use that function. Does anyone know the required number of posts needed for use of that?

In the meantime, however, I've enjoyed lurking about for a week or so, reading the plethora of material listed here. There was a time I knew a bunch about the Realms--my, how quickly things can change.

Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
6271 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  06:19:42  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, rhune.

I've read many posts by Rynonalyma, and her post count vastly outranks mine on the Candlekeep scoreboard members list, so she was indeed a very actively prolific scribe during her tenure. I'm not sure why you cannot send her emails, you should be able to click on the link provided in her profile, assuming the email account she provided is still active. If it matters, I think the post count breakpoints for earning rank and status here are 15/75/350/1000/2000/10000, I'm starting the rumour that you get a free Lamborghini at 10000+ posts, but otherwise I don't think you gain any tangible rewards through posting at this forum because you should have access to all functions the moment you complete registration to gain admission.

Candlekeep is dedicated to the Realms, regardless whether you just play D&D or just read the novels or just want to discuss/learn anything even peripherally related to Realmslore. The keep officially maintains an "edition neutral" stance since many scribes and visitors do indeed have a slight tendency to argue vehemently about why they most profoundly love/hate particular D&D rules editions (and the changes wrought by such rules upon the Realms) ... and such converse does not well suit the purposes to which these forums of Realmslore are dedicated. Many FR authors and D&D game designers are regular visitors to the keep and (when not being cantankerous old grumbles) are more than happy to answer questions or provide insights about the Realms or about their writings.

[/Ayrik]
Go to Top of Page

rhune
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  06:47:23  Show Profile Send rhune a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Ayrik, good to be here.

Yeah, I had tried the email option on her profile before the PM route, but when I tried to send I got a message that said I didn't have enough posts to use the email function yet. I'll try again once I get some posting under my belt.

I called the Realms home for quite a few years, great place, never a shortage of history and lore. I hope someday to dust off my 2nd edition material and let the dice start rolling again.

I'll have to check out all the new novels that have come out since 2000 or so. I've been bitten by the fantasy bug yet again and those old urges are coming back to me.
Go to Top of Page

Ayrik
Great Reader

Canada
6271 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  06:51:52  Show Profile Send Ayrik a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Ah, well if it's post count (and free Lamborghini!) you're after then you should offer your submissions in other wings of Candlekeep's vast library. Submissions in this Welcome to Candlekeep section do not apply towards post countings; you'll note that (at the time of this writing) you have still a total of 0 posts, sorry.

I, too, have a strong preference for 2E rules. Although 1E is pretty much the same thing overall (assuming you can read High Gygaxian) and 3E and 3.5E do offer many merits which have wavered my resolve. You'll find many 2E grognards here, although most of us have learned to be somewhat politic (and, I admit, actually not all that much concerned) with issues involving more recent D&D editions/settings.

[/Ayrik]

Edited by - Ayrik on 23 Sep 2011 06:58:19
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 23 Sep 2011 :  20:55:10  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Rhune Moonglow! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

rhune
Acolyte

11 Posts

Posted - 24 Sep 2011 :  01:24:57  Show Profile Send rhune a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thanks, Joran, good to be here.

And thanks Ayrik, I wouldn't even have noticed the post count doesn't apply in this section if you didn't mention it.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 06 Oct 2011 :  22:45:56  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's my pleasure, I assure you, my friend. We're always glad to have new members here at Candlekeep.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Grimn the Grim.
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2011 :  19:41:34  Show Profile Send Grimn the Grim. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and salutations to you seekers of knowledge, I am Grimn Argador, scribe and wizard of Thay. I hope to learn much during my time in this 'Candlekeep', and look forward to conversing of the realms with the many learned personas I hope to meet here, as I have only ever heard good things of this place, and its wealth of knowledge. Though' I hope no one minds that I brought my pet stirge with me, his name is Orcus. I was hoping to bring a couple of pets with me to keep me company during my stay, but I was robbed while sleeping next to the road, and most of my more exotic pets where stolen.

The greatest darkness thrives in the shadow of the brightest light.

Edited by - Grimn the Grim. on 15 Oct 2011 20:14:06
Go to Top of Page

Farrel
Learned Scribe

United Kingdom
236 Posts

Posted - 15 Oct 2011 :  20:39:34  Show Profile Send Farrel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met Grimn the Grim!

Welcome to Candlekeep and I hope you enjoy your stay

As long as your Stirge has had its shots everything should be fine
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 16 Oct 2011 :  22:49:21  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Grimn the Grim! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Sousana
Seeker

19 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2011 :  08:46:33  Show Profile Send Sousana a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello gentles. I am Sousana, previously known here as Sousinne. Alas, with forgotten passwords, names must change. I consider myself somewhat versed in Realmslore, but since I feel most at home in 2nd edition, there is today a distance that has grown to the setting. With the Spellplague, I have finally decided that not every change needs be canon, even from the official line.

I have a tressym at home, and I work at the behest of Mystra to counter the presence of Cyric in the world.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2011 :  05:45:56  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Sousana! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

And I know all too well what a pain it can be to lose passwords, believe me. We're glad to have you back here with us!

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart

Edited by - Joran Nobleheart on 14 Nov 2011 08:11:56
Go to Top of Page

Wolfhound75
Learned Scribe

USA
215 Posts

Posted - 29 Nov 2011 :  16:38:08  Show Profile Send Wolfhound75 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Scribes,

It takes a hearty adventurer to brave the burning heat, blinding dust, and biting flora and fauna found in the desert I hail from. I am a simple adventurer looking for knowledge, legend, and lore and will gladly share my own knowledge.

Good Hunting,
The Wolfhound

"Firepower - if it's not working, you're not using enough." ~ Military Proverb

"If at first you do succeed, you must've rolled a natural 20!"
Go to Top of Page

Erudite
Acolyte

USA
6 Posts

Posted - 19 Dec 2011 :  02:10:20  Show Profile Send Erudite a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings to everyone. I am new to this place. I hope to learn plenty from your knowledge.
Go to Top of Page

Grimn the Grim.
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 23 Dec 2011 :  15:50:38  Show Profile Send Grimn the Grim. a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to candlekeep Wolfhound75 and Erudite! I hope you find this site to be filled with all the knowledge and lore of the realms you hope it is.

The greatest darkness thrives in the shadow of the brightest light.
Go to Top of Page

theDZA
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  03:04:47  Show Profile Send theDZA a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all! I'm Dustin and I'm new to the forums. I will admit I joined mostly in the hopes of increasing my involvement in the Maztica Alive ebooks, which have used a map I made a few years ago. I've downloaded a few of the Compendiums however, and I love the work you sages have done. Thanks for having me!
Go to Top of Page

Mapolq
Senior Scribe

Brazil
465 Posts

Posted - 14 Jan 2012 :  15:56:02  Show Profile Send Mapolq a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings from Brazil! I have been a collector of Realmsian lore and an occasional DM for about 12 years now. In this time I have often come to this site for knowledge and interesting discussions, though I never saw fit to sign up until now. I look forward to being in the company of the accomplished scribes of Candlekeep!

Never sleep under the jackfruit tree.

Tales of Moonsea - A Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World. Check out our website at http://www.talesofmoonsea.com and our video trailer at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=am304WqOAAo&feature=youtu.be, as well as our thread here at Candlekeep: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12955

My campaign thread: http://www.forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=16447
Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 01 Feb 2012 :  20:31:51  Show Profile  Click to see Zimme's MSN Messenger address Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome all in these hallowed halls, hope you'll have fun here. :)

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Artemas Entreri
Great Reader

USA
3055 Posts

Posted - 02 Feb 2012 :  01:48:55  Show Profile  Visit Artemas Entreri's Homepage Send Artemas Entreri a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome new Scribes!

Some people have a way with words, and other people...oh, uh, not have way. -Steve Martin

Check out my eBay store for great Realms/Dragonlance/Ravenloft/Dark Sun/etc series! http://stores.ebay.com/Remembered-Realms-and-Hobbies

Be my friend on Goodreads.com: http://www.goodreads.com/user/show/6751111-brian
Go to Top of Page

Wolflord08
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 03 Feb 2012 :  08:39:56  Show Profile  Send Wolflord08 a Yahoo! Message Send Wolflord08 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi I've only posted a couple times so far...but it is nice to have a place to go to discuss all things Realmsian. Others perspectives are very interesting.

Wolfie
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 38 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000