Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

The Sage
Procrastinator Most High

Australia
31701 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  07:45:18  Show Profile Send The Sage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
What's this...another scribe has travelled from the great land of Australia, to join us here at Candlekeep. Wonderful .

Greetings to you Osmo ,

I am the Sage of Perth, a master of Realmslore here at Candlekeep.

May all your learning here be free and unfettered.

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Scribe for the Candlekeep Compendium -- Volume IX now available (Oct 2007)

"So Saith Ed" -- the collected Candlekeep replies of Ed Greenwood

Zhoth'ilam Folio -- The Electronic Misadventures of a Rambling Sage

Edited by - The Sage on 20 Jul 2003 07:46:20
Go to Top of Page

Horgesh
Acolyte

USA
18 Posts

Posted - 03 Aug 2003 :  09:12:45  Show Profile  Visit Horgesh's Homepage Send Horgesh a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Alaundo and fellow denizens of these Candlekeep forums. I haven't much to say beyond that, though I hope to read your stories and interact with your rp in the future :)

Battle fever. I am half a man and drunk with slaughter, let them kill me if they can! -George R. R. Martin: A Clash of Kings
Go to Top of Page

Trafaldi
Learned Scribe

264 Posts

Posted - 02 Sep 2003 :  06:32:55  Show Profile  Visit Trafaldi's Homepage Send Trafaldi a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It has been forever since i have been in these walls and i am glad to be back.

Some believe there is something more after death, if you really want to find out... go kill yourself and stop pestering me.
Go to Top of Page

William of Waterdeep
Senior Scribe

USA
829 Posts

Posted - 08 Sep 2003 :  20:56:03  Show Profile  Visit William of Waterdeep's Homepage Send William of Waterdeep a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met one and all,
William of Waterdeep at your service,poor and humble warrior looking for honest work and glorious adventure(Tyr guide my Hammer) and Seeking nothing else save conversation of companions true and brave.
Although I have had this most wonderful source of knowledge and knowledgable people of Realmslore and more bookmarked for sometime now and freqently visited to partake of this knowledge, {Appropiately named CANDLE KEEP} I have just recently joined the forum. Wish I had done so before and thus thank one and all for this magnificent libary, the Greatest and Grandest in the RealmsMuch thought and effort has been put into this site and I in my own humble opinion rate it #1.

Courage isn't the lack of fear but rather believing in and doing what you know is right even though fear is present.

Go to Top of Page

Cyric
Senior Scribe

Norway
388 Posts

Posted - 11 Sep 2003 :  20:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Cyric's Homepage Send Cyric a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met all gentelmen and ladies.
A am a priest of Cyric seeking followers of Cyric and sharing and gaining knowlegde of the realms. And i must be agreeing with Wiliam this site is a number one
Go to Top of Page

Cult_Leader
Learned Scribe

USA
337 Posts

Posted - 12 Sep 2003 :  14:35:28  Show Profile  Visit Cult_Leader's Homepage Send Cult_Leader a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Just in case Lina hops on in to say hello to us all, I would lie to be the first of us, to say hello to her. *waves* Hello Lina my name is Cult Leader, for obvious dark and devious reason . I would like to welcome you to our vast community of bright, stupid, retarded, annoying, and sometimes goofy yet WISE sages. Hehehe, Just let me know if you want to be an offering for a nice ritual... I mean, let me know if your interested in being an assistant in my works . But in any case, Welcome to our humble Halls of Knowledge and Lore. *bows some*

"Madness you say! Do you fear me? Are you afraid of what I might do, of what I might say? What a fascinating reaction. Don't you find it somewhat encumbering?"

Piddles assumes a deep and resonant voice. "Space...the Final Frontier. These are the voyages of the starship...Garou. It's mission: to slay Wyrm creatures where they live and breed. To accumulate more Garou than the world's entire population. To produce metis like no one has before." - Piddles

"Aren't you people supposed to be doing something? Like, entertaining me, the fascist wizard?" - InleRah

I have the passwords to the minds of everyone and the cheat codes to the universe - Me
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  06:02:29  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It seems That there is a steady flow into Candlekeep. This is great!
So much fresh knowledge... Useful spirits MWAHAHAHAHA...*coughs* ahem... I mean.. helpful people... yes that's it. A Tyrian and Cyricer.... Cyricite....Cyrician... hmmmm well anyways, Agreeing on something. Candlekeep is truely a marvelous place.

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 13 Sep 2003 :  23:41:21  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Hello, from a simple mage...
Go to Top of Page

the lost drow
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 15 Sep 2003 :  21:43:10  Show Profile  Visit the lost drow's Homepage Send the lost drow a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings one and all. I am known as the lost drow, for I keep m true name hidden to all but my closest freinds. I will be happy to learn from the sages of theis great city. I will also be happy to share my knowledge of the underdark to all.
Go to Top of Page

mikhel
Acolyte

USA
11 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2003 :  02:41:07  Show Profile  Visit mikhel's Homepage Send mikhel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings everyone, my name is Mikhel, and I'm glad to finally find a forum concerning the Forgotten Realms. I really don't have anything interesting or witty to say right now, but I'll spend some time reading your posts and whatnot so I can familiarize myself with all the other beings (and creatures) here in the respected vaults of Candlekeep.
Farewell, for now!

ummm...."I have nothing witty to say right now"
Go to Top of Page

Lina
Senior Scribe

Australia
469 Posts

Posted - 20 Sep 2003 :  09:35:33  Show Profile  Visit Lina's Homepage Send Lina a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings Cult Leader and to all sages among the halls of Candlekeep. It is my pleasure to meet your acquaintance . There is no doubt that there are those among you who are more traveled than I especially during these troubled times, where monsters and villains roam the lands seeking death and destruction and brave, foolish individuals are but only a handful. Strange are the ways in which fate has brought us together, but fear not… with my quick wits and looks to match I will be able to charm you into a false sense of security and friendship.

“Darkness beyond twilight, crimson beyond blood that flows! Buried in the flow of time. In thy great name. I pledge myself to darkness. All the fools who stand in our way shall be destroyed…by the power you and I possess! DRAGON SLAVE!!!”

"Thieves? Ah, such an ugly word... look upon them as the most honest sort of merchant."
-Oglar the Thieflord
Go to Top of Page

Kiarnon
Acolyte

Sweden
4 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  06:19:49  Show Profile  Visit Kiarnon's Homepage Send Kiarnon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met everyone! This seems like a very good forum. I hope i shall enjoy my time in Candlekeep. Any other swedish FR-fanatics around here?

"Aww.. come on. Dont hit me with that fairie magic of yours.. its embarrasing. Give me a close encounter with some cold steel instead!"
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  06:22:05  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the halls of Candlekeep, Kiarnon.
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  06:26:03  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and Well met Kiarnon, Welcome to the hallowed halls of Candlekeep and The greatest seat of learning in all Faerun! Enjoy the Library or the Inn... but beware the grounds...I have heard there is a mad man at work there ...But then these could only be rumors

It has to be Certain, the Gods Hate Me. For whatever irrevokable Fate, I have been made the walking Joke. Either that, or Beshaba is overlyfond Of Me.
-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 30 Sep 2003 :  06:28:35  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Then the rumors must also talk about sentient ice sculptures, and guards with a habit of changing faces and a penchant for fire...in addition to the dangers that someone planted in the garden...
Go to Top of Page

Jaster Sunstar
Acolyte

Turkey
2 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  21:07:14  Show Profile  Visit Jaster Sunstar's Homepage Send Jaster Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi I m Jaster Sunstar
I want to selute everyone
and
hope I ll increase my knowlage in Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Jander Sunstar
Learned Scribe

Turkey
275 Posts

Posted - 21 Oct 2003 :  21:43:45  Show Profile  Visit Jander Sunstar's Homepage Send Jander Sunstar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Wlcome brother
I hope you ll enjoy your visit and new knowlage

Punish me if you will, for my hands are not clean. But deny me not my revenge!"
-Jander Sunstar
Go to Top of Page

SanguineDefect
Acolyte

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2003 :  14:51:54  Show Profile  Visit SanguineDefect's Homepage Send SanguineDefect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all, though I have met some of you already, I'd just thought I'd scribble a bit in this scroll, seeing as how I surely have not met all of you.

Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elyhinn dal lil alust
Go to Top of Page

SanguineDefect
Acolyte

USA
33 Posts

Posted - 03 Nov 2003 :  22:10:07  Show Profile  Visit SanguineDefect's Homepage Send SanguineDefect a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm changing to a new member, as this one is not "In-character"...

Nindyn vel'uss kyorl nind ratha thalra elyhinn dal lil alust
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  07:45:17  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep SanguineDefect (strange name! )

Hope you enjoy your stay here and learn much knowledge from this library

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 04 Nov 2003 :  10:21:10  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
A proper welcome is in order to SanguineDefect/Bayne...enjoy your time in the halls!
Go to Top of Page

maecenus
Acolyte

USA
2 Posts

Posted - 07 Nov 2003 :  15:37:24  Show Profile  Visit maecenus's Homepage Send maecenus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Salutations all! I am here to obtain information regarding the Realms. Just thought i'd make an introduction here...Thanks in advance!
Go to Top of Page

Capn Crunch
Acolyte

Afghanistan
2 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  02:36:04  Show Profile  Visit Capn Crunch's Homepage Send Capn Crunch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings.I, since I read my first Forgotten Realms novel, was looking for a site that was all about FR,As oposed to sites that are about fantasy in general.It is safe to say that i found it the second I this site.Im not sure what Realmslore is but if its more about FR then im there! Thank you!!!
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  03:21:52  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and Salutations friend,
You'll find anything you ever wanted to know about Faerun, here and then some. If, of course, you be come a resident like most of us(rather than visitor), then.. RUN!!! For Alaundo will put you doing some horrible chores....... Trust me, I know... I'm still mopping the lower levels... uh oh.. i think Alaundo's coming... I didn't say a thing....
and once again, Welcome to the Keep!

-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Arivia
Great Reader

Canada
2965 Posts

Posted - 11 Nov 2003 :  06:44:59  Show Profile  Reply with Quote
Welcome, maecenus and Capn Crunch. Stay clear of Alaundo, partake in the knowledge, and join us some time at the Inn. I have to go back to work now...*gestures towards small mountain of tomes and scrolls on her desk*.
Go to Top of Page

Nalar Helmcutter
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2003 :  23:09:25  Show Profile  Visit Nalar Helmcutter's Homepage Send Nalar Helmcutter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, bunglars.Meself's new to this "board" and new to this site.Im also new to the Forgotten Realms and would appreaciate it ye would not sneer at my ignorance.I might not know alot of FR (yet!!!) but i probably now more about might and magic than anyone here.

"Evil is of old date."
-Arab proverb
Go to Top of Page

Nalar Helmcutter
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 13 Nov 2003 :  23:11:21  Show Profile  Visit Nalar Helmcutter's Homepage Send Nalar Helmcutter a Private Message  Reply with Quote
By the way....i was refuring to the game(Might and Magic) By 3d0.

"Evil is of old date."
-Arab proverb
Go to Top of Page

The Cardinal
Senior Scribe

Canada
647 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2003 :  06:20:01  Show Profile  Visit The Cardinal's Homepage Send The Cardinal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, welcome to the Mighty Candlekeep all the same!
I hope you enjoy your stay here... Umm If you'll excuse me I have to see some fiends about a thing called a Car...?

-Unknown
Go to Top of Page

Patriots
Acolyte

China
6 Posts

Posted - 01 Dec 2003 :  13:38:03  Show Profile  Visit Patriots's Homepage Send Patriots a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am new one.Hello.

I first heard Alaundo when I played BG2shadow of Amn

'..............'said wise Alaundo

I was so excited that time.
Go to Top of Page

Dragon Cultist
Acolyte

28 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2003 :  21:19:07  Show Profile  Visit Dragon Cultist's Homepage Send Dragon Cultist a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met, sages, monks and mages of venerable Candlekeep.
May Oghma continue to bless your enterprises.
And may Velsharoon continue to bless mine...

I am pleased to dwell for a time here in this hallowed halls. My gratitude for your hospitality.

"And naught will be left save shattered thrones with no rulers.
But the dead dragons shall rule the world entire..."
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000