Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 38

Teloriun
Acolyte

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2009 :  10:50:49  Show Profile  Visit Teloriun's Homepage Send Teloriun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met!

Having been an avid reader for many years in the 90's I seem to have lost my way a bit since getting married and having kids....

So here I am, ready to once again pick up the quill and get up to date with i've missed for the last 10 years.

I look forward to participating in the forums and becoming a part of the community.

:)
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
470 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  13:43:04  Show Profile  Visit Old Man Harpell's Homepage Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, all.

I am a long-time FR addict, ever since I pulled a freshly-stocked first copy of Darkwalker on Moonshae from the bookstore shelf over 20 years ago. My beard is greyer (literally), my eyes are squintier, and my shelves creak dangerously under the weight of decades of collecting the tales and tomes of Faerun, but the Realms have never lost their wonder for me.

It is an honor to be among you.
Go to Top of Page

bladeinAmn
Learned Scribe

199 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2009 :  21:11:00  Show Profile  Visit bladeinAmn's Homepage Send bladeinAmn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all!

Bought Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn 6 years ago, fell in love w/Forgotten Realms, and now I've decided to log in to Candlekeep here!
Go to Top of Page

Aquanova
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2009 :  02:12:01  Show Profile  Visit Aquanova's Homepage Send Aquanova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met,

It's been a long time since I've shown my face around this site. The old WotC boards have just undergone a radical change, and I fear I'll not return there again. I had been drifting away from there, though.

I started thumbing through my old 3.5 books(not gonna upgrade, hate the new Realms), book I haven't touched in years. Started getting the memories and lore pouring back, and I had to duck back in to Candlekeep. Dunno how long I'll stay, but maybe it'll be for old times' sake.
Go to Top of Page

jcdf
Seeker

38 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  22:16:00  Show Profile  Visit jcdf's Homepage Send jcdf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! I am here just searching for information about the past.
Go to Top of Page

Nai_Calus
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  04:15:28  Show Profile  Visit Nai_Calus's Homepage Send Nai_Calus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*lurks in the shadows*
Go to Top of Page

LordManshoon
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  05:23:16  Show Profile Send LordManshoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*moves flashlight over Nai's hiding place*
Hi, Nai! Whatcha doin' in the shadows? You're not a drow."

Mastering myriad magics since Ed was young
Go to Top of Page

Nai_Calus
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  05:37:00  Show Profile  Visit Nai_Calus's Homepage Send Nai_Calus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curses, I've been spotted! Uh...

*comes out of the shadows and begins passing around Corellite literature and attempting to convert new members to the church* <_< >_> <_>

I'm probably mostly going to lurk here, but figured I might as well register.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
2905 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  10:48:03  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right...

Ok, you two behave around here...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Nai_Calus
Acolyte

7 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  14:55:51  Show Profile  Visit Nai_Calus's Homepage Send Nai_Calus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We'll behave, sure. The manner in which we behave, however... :D
Go to Top of Page

KarysArcansee
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2009 :  21:14:48  Show Profile  Visit KarysArcansee's Homepage Send KarysArcansee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met all,

Been a student of the Realm since Ed's work in Dragon back in the 80's.
Happy to have a chance to talk with others of like mind.
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

311 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2009 :  06:19:37  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met! I fell in love with the Realms when I got my hands on the old grey-box, it seems so long ago. I tryed and tryed to get into Greyhawk but for some reason I could not get into it. Then along came the Forgotten Realms and I was hooked on it. It felt so easy going, it just clicked with me I guess. The fun I had running my realms because I took Mr.Greenwoods words to heart. I took what he gave me and I made it my own. A few years later and the 2nd edition came along and the Time of Troubles and the 2nd edition Forgotten Realms box set. Things had changed and I grumbled a little and the power creep was starting, but it was the realms. Time passes and I sold the old grey-box and left AD&D all together. More time goes by and I come back to 2nd edition for a few years and then along comes 3rd edition. Power creep on steroids but as the DM I could control the power creep some what and hey Bane was back. Then 3.5 but that was ok, I could still work with it. Then comes 4th edition and I hear somethings I dont like. This time I keep my wallet closed because I want to see if what I heard is true. I go to Books a Million and sit down and look at 4th edition Forgotton Realms. They had killed off so many friends. I will not go point by point of what I do not like about it here but the cover may have said Forgotton Realms but to me that was it, I stoped at 3.5. Then as luck would have it I came across a mint condition old grey-box! and having already gotton my hands on 3 sets of 1st edition AD&D rule books. It got even better as I was able to then get FR 1 to FR 16 and Under Illefarn. I went back to my first love and soon my wife will be playing in a Forgotton Realms campaign. It will have a start date of 1st day of Mirtul 1357DR The Year of the Prince. As I read and get things ready I can almost feel the joy Mr.Greenwood must have had as he worked on this set and Mr.Grubb as well. I dont know where 1st edition Realms fits in at here but I hope I will not be ran off. I cant help but believe that the old grey-box has a special place in Mr.Greenwoods heart. Till later my new found friends.

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!
Go to Top of Page

Zu-l-karnain
Acolyte

Russia
6 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2009 :  10:55:03  Show Profile  Visit Zu-l-karnain's Homepage Send Zu-l-karnain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail
I`ve arrived from the lands of Thay after a.. misunderstanding with the local authorities.

Through destiny and might we shall rule supreme
Go to Top of Page

Matron Baenre
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2009 :  18:00:34  Show Profile  Visit Matron Baenre's Homepage Send Matron Baenre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met. I'm originally from Menzoberranzan, however, I faked my death and let Triel take over. This allows me more time to travel the Realms. I just returned from Thay, where I was watching the Szass Tam drama unfold. Good times!
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2009 :  02:32:57  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Matron Baenre... you should find great hospitallity in Candlekeep, but uhh....one rule......you can't torture people

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3074 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2009 :  04:43:17  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Dantrag

Well met Matron Baenre... you should find great hospitallity in Candlekeep, but uhh....one rule......you can't torture people

Unless they ask you to, of course...

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

MrsDrasek
Seeker

26 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2009 :  00:38:19  Show Profile  Visit MrsDrasek's Homepage Send MrsDrasek a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met it is nice to see so many here, and so much information.

Part Well...Regret Nothing
Go to Top of Page

Alystra Illianniis
Great Reader

USA
3747 Posts

Posted - 17 Nov 2009 :  22:42:25  Show Profile  Click to see Alystra Illianniis's MSN Messenger address Send Alystra Illianniis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well, I've been creeping around for a day or two, and I'm glad to be here. I started in the Realms back in high school, when a friend introduced me to Drizzt. (Yes, I know that's probably a cheesy, cliche way of getting here, but, hey, I love the dark-skinned guy...) It seems like ages ago- wait it WAS. I've been happily traipsing around in the Realms with El, Drizzt, Liriel, and many others ever since. I do not game in Fearun, but i do use its lore and materials heavily as inspirations in my home-brew world, long with aspects of several other worlds (mostly Krynn, eberron, and Council of Wyrms).

Looking back, I'd say that I mostly loved the many changes in the Realms, except the recent 4th ed stuff and the Lady Penitant. I was actually angry at the death of Eilistraee, as she is my favorite Realms deity, besides Mystra and Kelemvor. I'm stopping at 3.5, like many others, it seems- but i will continue to follow my favorite characters, at least those who are still around....

The Goddess is alive, and magic is afoot.

"Where Science ends, Magic begins" -Spiral, Uncanny X-Men #491

"You idiots! You've captured their STUNT doubles!" -Spaceballs

Lothir's character background/stats: http://forum.candlekeep.com/pop_profile.asp?mode=display&id=5469

My stories:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/Mickeys_Comic_Tavern/index.php?showforum=188

Lothir, courtesy of Sylinde (Deviant Art)/Luaxena (Chosen of Eilistraee)
http://sylinde.deviantart.com/#/d2z6e4u
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 18 Nov 2009 :  02:17:52  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well we're all glad to have you here. Welcome to Candlekeep, and I hope all of you enjoy your stay.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Backstabber
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2010 :  17:05:20  Show Profile  Visit Backstabber's Homepage Send Backstabber a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello

I'm just a traveller stopping for some ale, mutton and information on some adventure or another.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Go to Top of Page

Victor_ograygor
Master of Realmslore

Denmark
1063 Posts

Posted - 04 Jan 2010 :  22:21:51  Show Profile  Visit Victor_ograygor's Homepage Send Victor_ograygor a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Backstabber

Victor Ograygor The Assassin and Candel keeps cellar master

Everything I need to know about life I learned from killing smart people.

Links related to Forgotten Realms
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=9571

Adventuring / Mercenary Companies / Orders / The chosen from official sources
http://forum.candlekeep.com/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11047

Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 05 Jan 2010 :  12:51:16  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, and welcome to Candlekeep.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

NecroZombie
Acolyte

4 Posts

Posted - 11 Jan 2010 :  22:04:09  Show Profile  Visit NecroZombie's Homepage Send NecroZombie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and well met!

Gods I've been looking for something like this forever.

Looking forward to the adventures ahead.
Go to Top of Page

Kyrene
Senior Scribe

South Africa
648 Posts

Posted - 21 Jan 2010 :  17:54:10  Show Profile  Visit Kyrene's Homepage Send Kyrene a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*with a slightly sheepish look on his face*

Glancing at my current post count, I'm about 327 posts too late for:
"Well met, ye fellow scribes!"

Lost for words? Find them in the Glossary of Phrases, Sayings & Words of the Realms

I am a sexy, shoeless god of war!

The Sellplague began, for all intents and purposes, in the dominions of the Corporation. Greed murdered Good Design, unraveling common sense in the cosmos and destroying her dominion. At the same time, Sales Fears and Warcraft Envy happened into alignment. This cataclysmic coincidence led to upheaval, shaking apart the primeval order, opening up holes in wallets, and reshaping everything...
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
489 Posts

Posted - 22 Jan 2010 :  06:18:30  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome NecroZombie, to Candlekeep.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 38 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2017 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000