Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Pazuzu
Seeker

Germany
61 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  12:36:16  Show Profile Send Pazuzu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, friends. I am Pazuzu and I play in the Realms since I play D&D, though it took me about 10 years to get in any D&D community :-) But so far, you already helped me a lot, and I look forward to the next years :-D

May your dice obey your will. - Gary Gygax (*1938 - †2008)
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 28 Apr 2010 :  16:38:54  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Pazuzu. I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

The_Silversword
Seeker

USA
58 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  00:21:05  Show Profile Send The_Silversword a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met one and all. I've come by this way many atime, but never have i sought refuge here, but these are dark times indeed.

I survived the Spellplague and all I got was this stupid sig.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  01:26:16  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Silversword! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Genis
Learned Scribe

USA
226 Posts

Posted - 02 May 2010 :  01:32:24  Show Profile  Visit Genis's Homepage Send Genis a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yours Sincerely, welcome, that was clever and I enjoyed it, it was even somewhat poetic.
Go to Top of Page

UkplayerX
Acolyte

United Kingdom
2 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  12:31:03  Show Profile  Visit UkplayerX's Homepage Send UkplayerX a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everybod! I've come over fom the WoTC site from a link in someones signiature (you know who you are!!)
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  13:46:15  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sage, Wooly, I promise it's not my fault...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  17:48:32  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
SONOVA... Wait, I don't have the link in my sig.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2010 :  23:25:24  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, UkplayerX! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Katans
Acolyte

Germany
7 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2010 :  08:16:13  Show Profile  Visit Katans's Homepage Send Katans a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, fellow seekers of wisdom. I go by the name Katans almost everywhere I go, from the scorching sands of the Calim desert to the Damarian glaciers and the depths of the Great Wild Wood and beyond. I came here looking for insights and knowledge about the places I haven't visited yet.

Twenty and eight years ago I was born, raised in the country near the Great Central Ocean where kings get beheaded and the inhabitants take great pride in their wine, cheese, women and convoluted language, as well as their chronical inability to properly learn foreign tongues. Oh, well, there are exceptions. In time, I settled across the river Rhine with my wife to lands marked by a terrible past, but nowadays peaceful and enlightened, although the native's nigh-adoration of beer, sausage and an awkward ball-kicking game opposing two coteries of eleven remains to these days a mystery to me.
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2010 :  08:23:39  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello and welcome to Candlekeep! Don't forget to give a knowledge toll for entering the grounds and you are free to scribe and read other scrolls and talk with scribes to learn something new.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2010 :  03:21:01  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Katans! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

danthron
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  01:07:06  Show Profile  Visit danthron's Homepage Send danthron a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, friends. I am Danthron, originally of Tantras, but long now retired from years of adventuring to the City of Splendors. I have come to Candlekeep in search of knowledge that may help in my new role of guiding young adventurers to take up the mantle of heroes of Waterdeep that I and my party once held.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 24 Jun 2010 :  02:12:01  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Danthron! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

the tinker
Acolyte

2 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  09:45:11  Show Profile  Visit the tinker's Homepage Send the tinker a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hi I arrived here through a portal from dragonlance forums :)
Go to Top of Page

Sill Alias
Senior Scribe

Kazakhstan
588 Posts

Posted - 26 Jun 2010 :  19:04:48  Show Profile  Visit Sill Alias's Homepage Send Sill Alias a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi, pal. Welcome to the Candlekeep. Give the donation of knowledge to the monks if you have not done it yet and enter in the grounds with libraries of scrolls and inns to brag in. Enjoy your staying.

You can hear many tales from many mouths. The most difficult is to know which of them are not lies. - Sill Alias

"May your harp be unstrung, your dreams die and all your songs be unsung." - curse of the harper, The Code of the Harpers 2 ed.
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 30 Jun 2010 :  11:19:26  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, the tinker! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

SuperGnome
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 02 Jul 2010 :  21:38:08  Show Profile  Visit SuperGnome's Homepage Send SuperGnome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey yo... Been here many times, but I think this is the first time I registered. LOVE the realms (up to 3.x), and been there since 88 or 89. From day one, it fit and helped create my idea of a living fantasy world. Thanks Ed!

I miss my Realms!
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 05 Jul 2010 :  07:38:59  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, SuperGnome! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Arath.inc
Acolyte

Norway
0 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2010 :  02:11:48  Show Profile Send Arath.inc a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello. Been a d&d fan for a while (but not as long as most people) since 2002 now. I have mostly played computer games that use d&d (Nwn 1, BG, Nwn 2), i do play 3.5 pen and paper occasionally, but not much. I love reading about forgotten realms lore, just can't get enough of it. Steadily reading more and more of it.

"Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 13 Jul 2010 :  02:24:05  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Arath.inc! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Hooch9
Acolyte

USA
20 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2010 :  03:28:27  Show Profile  Visit Hooch9's Homepage Send Hooch9 a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met guys. I've been playing traditional D&D since 2005 (with a little Pathfinder here and there). Recently, I've decided to get into the Forgotten Realms novels. While I bought my first set of books (The Dark Elf Trilogy, Legend of Drizzt edition) a couple years ago, I just recently got back into reading them. I forgot how much I liked them.

Even though it's 2010 and I'm getting back into the books now, I've known of Forgotten Realms since about 2000, back when I bought Baldur's Gate and it's expansion for the PC. At the time I had very little concept of Forgotten Realms, let alone D&D that it's based on.

Seeing as I'm back into the novels, I figured I'd find a group of people to discuss it with. Not many people I know are into the Forgotten Realms books where I live.

Sheriff: Oh one other thing Earlie. Your boy needs to be in school.
Earlie Cuyler: School? Ain't dat da damn place where they got all dem uhh lets see, whatcha call um uhh? Fold outs covered in scriblins wrote up all over.
Earlie Cuyler: uhh? Books?
Earlie Cuyler: uh-uh, uh-uh, No they square like a magazine.
Sheriff: Books Earlie.
Earlie Cuyler: Noo not not that, but something like that, I wanna say boooooo...

"Don't you start with me. I have hobbies. I collect autographs. I don't Judge you for all those books you read!"

-Both of those quotes are from Squidbillies.
Go to Top of Page

Dalor Darden
Great Reader

USA
4211 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2010 :  03:47:34  Show Profile Send Dalor Darden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Hooch9!

You have come to the most wonderful place there is to find out about the Forgotten Realms.

Even the creator of the Realms can be found here to ask questions of...so dig deep into the scrolls and enjoy!

The Old Grey Box and AD&D for me!
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 15 Aug 2010 :  15:24:06  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Hooch9! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

mooyak
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2010 :  00:47:29  Show Profile  Visit mooyak's Homepage Send mooyak a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello everyone, I'm new to the forums but have been a lurker of sorts for all FR lore, though I've never had the chance to play the game proper. Anyway, I've now registered so that I can perhaps engage more directly with the subjects I love (and hopefully develop a better understanding for the day when I finally find a group to play with).
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2010 :  03:35:38  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, mooyak! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

dig-o
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2010 :  11:13:39  Show Profile  Visit dig-o's Homepage Send dig-o a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all,
love the concetrated effort and knowledge around this forum.
I'm a DM/player in the FR setting since my childhood years (10years seem a lot to a human in his 20s).
I would like to contribute to the accumulating lore too, although my research seems mundane in contrast to
the forum's pages!
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 09 Nov 2010 :  01:25:22  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, dig-o! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page

Breagan
Acolyte

USA
1 Posts

Posted - 14 Nov 2010 :  19:07:38  Show Profile  Visit Breagan's Homepage Send Breagan a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met! I have been playing FR for almost as long as I have played DND nearly 27 yrs now and I almost refuse to play in any other playground. Set in my ways I suppose. I love this world that Ed created and Love what you all have done here on this website. I do not post much or often but I read alot of what you all write and appreciate the hard work and effort you put into this, Thank you all very much.

Breagan RivenAxe
Destroyer of Gobliniods
"I smile so much cause I love my work".
Go to Top of Page

Joran Nobleheart
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 16 Nov 2010 :  08:05:16  Show Profile  Visit Joran Nobleheart's Homepage Send Joran Nobleheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Breagan! I hope that you enjoy your stay in these hallowed halls, and that all of your questions are answered here by the finest sages in the Realms.

Paladinic Ethos
Saint Joran Nobleheart
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000