Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Ergdusch
Master of Realmslore

Germany
1720 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  11:18:48  Show Profile Send Ergdusch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I dropped by to say "hello" to everyone that still remembers me hanging around here. My life is a busy mess (in a good sense of the word, so no worries!) at the moment. Therefore there is really no time left to spend here chating and musing about the Realms with you guys.

Anyhow, it's good to see that this place is kicking alive as always and still new scribes flock to the beacon of knowledge that Candlekeep is.

Until next time, only the best to all of you!

Ergdusch

"Das Gras weht im Wind, wenn der Wind weht."

Edited by - Ergdusch on 08 Dec 2008 11:24:37
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
36779 Posts

Posted - 08 Dec 2008 :  15:35:48  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

I dropped by to say "hello" to everyone that still remembers me hanging around here. My life is a busy mess (in a good sense of the word, so no worries!) at the moment. Therefore there is really no time left to spend here chating and musing about the Realms with you guys.

Anyhow, it's good to see that this place is kicking alive as always and still new scribes flock to the beacon of knowledge that Candlekeep is.

Ergdusch

Hi, Ergs! Come back to stay as soon as you can!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Ionik Knight
Learned Scribe

USA
222 Posts

Posted - 15 Dec 2008 :  13:24:15  Show Profile  Visit Ionik Knight's Homepage Send Ionik Knight a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and Well Met,

I come to you from the days of yore, lo unto the very Red Box itself. I have journeyed far and wandered into strange worlds indeed, but now I return to Faerun and bring my progeny with me. I will set my will upon the land and shape it to my desire. As the Realms become mine own again and bear the fruit of my efforts, I shall bring the results before you for praise or criticism.

Maahes Keded-smer
Lord of Slaughter
Wielder of the Knife
Avenger of Wrongs
The Ionik Knight

Fools to right of them,
Jesters to left of them,
Clowns in front of them
Pun'd and parody'd.
Go to Top of Page

Eryops
Acolyte

USA
14 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  05:57:59  Show Profile  Visit Eryops's Homepage Send Eryops a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello fellow Realms enthusiasts!

I stumbled onto Candlekeep while Googling "Forgotten Realms product listings" or some such when it suddenly struck me that I should be rounding out my Forgotten Realms RPG collection. It turns out that I currently own a small minority of products available, but this only makes it more of a challenge!

I look forward to chatting with everyone in the forums, and learning more Realmsian lore.
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 21 Dec 2008 :  15:55:51  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Eryops! You've stumbled upon (IMHO) the greatest source of Realmslore on the interweave.

Enjoy!

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

Sessamaru
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 11 Feb 2009 :  00:12:23  Show Profile  Visit Sessamaru's Homepage Send Sessamaru a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello, everyone.

I am Sessamaru, traveler of forums and a young authour... very young, in fact. I have a few stories that I want to write for the Realms, but, I hesitate, afraid to screw many things up. I play D&D (not often, due to some... difficulties) and I began reading the Realms two years ago. Amazing how addictive the stories are. Anyway, it is nice to meet you all.
Go to Top of Page

Starsinger
Acolyte

South Africa
3 Posts

Posted - 08 Mar 2009 :  22:13:07  Show Profile Send Starsinger a Private Message  Reply with Quote
At long last I enter the halls of Candlekeep!

Well met everyone, just another Forgotten Realms fan here. I cannot wait to discuss lore with everyone else. I have visited many times before, and now I have finally registered. See you around!

The Starsinger
Go to Top of Page

skychrome
Senior Scribe

713 Posts

Posted - 24 Mar 2009 :  21:26:30  Show Profile  Visit skychrome's Homepage Send skychrome a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings all!

After I got infected by the Forgotten Realms virus while playing BG2 several years ago, the "disease" has increased over the years and taken me over completely by now. I thoroughly enjoy reading FR novels and modules.

It is a fascinating and complex world and I am glad to have found a place where I can share this fascination with minds alike.

"You make an intriguing offer, one that is very tempting. It would seem that I have little alternative than to answer thusly: DISINTEGRATE!" Vaarsuvius, Order of the Stick 625

Edited by - skychrome on 24 Mar 2009 21:39:17
Go to Top of Page

Steffen Farslayer
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2009 :  22:17:57  Show Profile  Visit Steffen Farslayer's Homepage Send Steffen Farslayer a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met. I have been an avid reader of Realms lore for many years. I look forward discussing the many good FR books with everyone.

"It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die." - The Name of the Wind by Patrick Rothfuss
Go to Top of Page

Asgetrion
Master of Realmslore

Finland
1564 Posts

Posted - 14 Apr 2009 :  11:57:12  Show Profile  Visit Asgetrion's Homepage Send Asgetrion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ergdusch

Ergdusch

Nice to see that you're still (at least occasionally) lurking around, Erg! May life treat you well in the future, and hopefully you'll find some time to visit my cel... er, chamber, in the dungeons of the 'Keep. Ah, I still remember fondly the pranks we played on Wooly...

"What am I doing today? Ask me tomorrow - I can be sure of giving you the right answer then."
-- Askarran of Selgaunt, Master Sage, speaking to a curious merchant, Year of the Helm
Go to Top of Page

Elwrynn Galanodiel
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 15 Apr 2009 :  01:02:04  Show Profile  Visit Elwrynn Galanodiel's Homepage Send Elwrynn Galanodiel a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello Candlekeep!

A friend of mine mentioned these forums off hand and I thought there might be some good reads.

Cheers!

Elwrynn
Tale Collector
Archmage
Go to Top of Page

Aerie
Acolyte

0 Posts

Posted - 11 May 2009 :  22:06:59  Show Profile  Visit Aerie's Homepage Send Aerie a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hello all. I am Aerie. No, not Aerie from Baldur's Gate Game. I picked this name out way before I even knew that an Aerie existed. Aerie is and will always be my baby, and together we travel on wild adventures throughout faerun. :)
Go to Top of Page

Grumpyoldmage
Acolyte

USA
25 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  22:38:59  Show Profile  Visit Grumpyoldmage's Homepage Send Grumpyoldmage a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings all, I'm been an avid FR junkie for many years. I've run many a game in the setting and was saddened by the arrival of 4E and the changes it brought. I hate to be the one to say it, but these forums seem to have become somewhat inactive of late.. and I've noticed that a lot has dropped since 08..

Anyways, hope I'm wrong,
and glad to be aboard.

Quote of Karsus - "The Elves started this when they tried to steal the Nether Scrolls. They are a culture of the past, who's idea's are as antiquated as their magic."
Go to Top of Page

Ashe Ravenheart
Great Reader

USA
3240 Posts

Posted - 18 May 2009 :  23:16:50  Show Profile Send Ashe Ravenheart a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome fellow grumpy one!

I don't think they've slacked off at all. I have my active topics set to update the page every 15 minutes and it still comes up with a lot of updates throughout the day.

I actually DO know everything. I just have a very poor index of my knowledge.

Ashe's Character Sheet

Alphabetized Index of Realms NPCs
Go to Top of Page

ghendar
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 22 Jun 2009 :  17:43:06  Show Profile Send ghendar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Howdy!
Newbie checking in although I've been following the Realms since Ed's Dragon articles back in the mid 80's.
Go to Top of Page

Teloriun
Acolyte

United Kingdom
5 Posts

Posted - 12 Jul 2009 :  10:50:49  Show Profile  Visit Teloriun's Homepage Send Teloriun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met!

Having been an avid reader for many years in the 90's I seem to have lost my way a bit since getting married and having kids....

So here I am, ready to once again pick up the quill and get up to date with i've missed for the last 10 years.

I look forward to participating in the forums and becoming a part of the community.

:)
Go to Top of Page

Old Man Harpell
Senior Scribe

USA
495 Posts

Posted - 02 Aug 2009 :  13:43:04  Show Profile Send Old Man Harpell a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, all.

I am a long-time FR addict, ever since I pulled a freshly-stocked first copy of Darkwalker on Moonshae from the bookstore shelf over 20 years ago. My beard is greyer (literally), my eyes are squintier, and my shelves creak dangerously under the weight of decades of collecting the tales and tomes of Faerun, but the Realms have never lost their wonder for me.

It is an honor to be among you.
Go to Top of Page

bladeinAmn
Learned Scribe

199 Posts

Posted - 08 Aug 2009 :  21:11:00  Show Profile  Visit bladeinAmn's Homepage Send bladeinAmn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hey all!

Bought Baldur's Gate 2: Shadows of Amn 6 years ago, fell in love w/Forgotten Realms, and now I've decided to log in to Candlekeep here!
Go to Top of Page

Aquanova
Seeker

USA
63 Posts

Posted - 30 Aug 2009 :  02:12:01  Show Profile  Visit Aquanova's Homepage Send Aquanova a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met,

It's been a long time since I've shown my face around this site. The old WotC boards have just undergone a radical change, and I fear I'll not return there again. I had been drifting away from there, though.

I started thumbing through my old 3.5 books(not gonna upgrade, hate the new Realms), book I haven't touched in years. Started getting the memories and lore pouring back, and I had to duck back in to Candlekeep. Dunno how long I'll stay, but maybe it'll be for old times' sake.
Go to Top of Page

jcdf
Acolyte

38 Posts

Posted - 01 Sep 2009 :  22:16:00  Show Profile  Visit jcdf's Homepage Send jcdf a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi everyone! I am here just searching for information about the past.
Go to Top of Page

Nai_Calus
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  04:15:28  Show Profile  Visit Nai_Calus's Homepage Send Nai_Calus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*lurks in the shadows*
Go to Top of Page

LordManshoon
Acolyte

USA
12 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  05:23:16  Show Profile Send LordManshoon a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*moves flashlight over Nai's hiding place*
Hi, Nai! Whatcha doin' in the shadows? You're not a drow."

Mastering myriad magics since Ed was young
Go to Top of Page

Nai_Calus
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  05:37:00  Show Profile  Visit Nai_Calus's Homepage Send Nai_Calus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Curses, I've been spotted! Uh...

*comes out of the shadows and begins passing around Corellite literature and attempting to convert new members to the church* <_< >_> <_>

I'm probably mostly going to lurk here, but figured I might as well register.
Go to Top of Page

Brimstone
Great Reader

USA
3285 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  10:48:03  Show Profile Send Brimstone a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Right...

Ok, you two behave around here...

"These things also I have observed: that knowledge of our world is
to be nurtured like a precious flower, for it is the most precious
thing we have. Wherefore guard the word written and heed
words unwritten and set them down ere they fade . . . Learn
then, well, the arts of reading, writing, and listening true, and they
will lead you to the greatest art of all: understanding."
Alaundo of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Nai_Calus
Acolyte

8 Posts

Posted - 05 Sep 2009 :  14:55:51  Show Profile  Visit Nai_Calus's Homepage Send Nai_Calus a Private Message  Reply with Quote
We'll behave, sure. The manner in which we behave, however... :D
Go to Top of Page

KarysArcansee
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2009 :  21:14:48  Show Profile  Visit KarysArcansee's Homepage Send KarysArcansee a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met all,

Been a student of the Realm since Ed's work in Dragon back in the 80's.
Happy to have a chance to talk with others of like mind.
Go to Top of Page

froglegg
Learned Scribe

317 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2009 :  06:19:37  Show Profile Send froglegg a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met! I fell in love with the Realms when I got my hands on the old grey-box, it seems so long ago. I tryed and tryed to get into Greyhawk but for some reason I could not get into it. Then along came the Forgotten Realms and I was hooked on it. It felt so easy going, it just clicked with me I guess. The fun I had running my realms because I took Mr.Greenwoods words to heart. I took what he gave me and I made it my own. A few years later and the 2nd edition came along and the Time of Troubles and the 2nd edition Forgotten Realms box set. Things had changed and I grumbled a little and the power creep was starting, but it was the realms. Time passes and I sold the old grey-box and left AD&D all together. More time goes by and I come back to 2nd edition for a few years and then along comes 3rd edition. Power creep on steroids but as the DM I could control the power creep some what and hey Bane was back. Then 3.5 but that was ok, I could still work with it. Then comes 4th edition and I hear somethings I dont like. This time I keep my wallet closed because I want to see if what I heard is true. I go to Books a Million and sit down and look at 4th edition Forgotton Realms. They had killed off so many friends. I will not go point by point of what I do not like about it here but the cover may have said Forgotton Realms but to me that was it, I stoped at 3.5. Then as luck would have it I came across a mint condition old grey-box! and having already gotton my hands on 3 sets of 1st edition AD&D rule books. It got even better as I was able to then get FR 1 to FR 16 and Under Illefarn. I went back to my first love and soon my wife will be playing in a Forgotton Realms campaign. It will have a start date of 1st day of Mirtul 1357DR The Year of the Prince. As I read and get things ready I can almost feel the joy Mr.Greenwood must have had as he worked on this set and Mr.Grubb as well. I dont know where 1st edition Realms fits in at here but I hope I will not be ran off. I cant help but believe that the old grey-box has a special place in Mr.Greenwoods heart. Till later my new found friends.

John

Long live Alias and Dragonbait! Kate Novak and Jeff Grubb the Realms need you more then ever!

On my word as a sage nothing within these pages is false, but not all of it may prove to be true. - Elminster of Shadowdale

The Old Grey Box gets better with age!
Go to Top of Page

Zu-l-karnain
Acolyte

Russia
6 Posts

Posted - 12 Oct 2009 :  10:55:03  Show Profile  Visit Zu-l-karnain's Homepage Send Zu-l-karnain a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail
I`ve arrived from the lands of Thay after a.. misunderstanding with the local authorities.

Through destiny and might we shall rule supreme
Go to Top of Page

Matron Baenre
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 23 Oct 2009 :  18:00:34  Show Profile  Visit Matron Baenre's Homepage Send Matron Baenre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met. I'm originally from Menzoberranzan, however, I faked my death and let Triel take over. This allows me more time to travel the Realms. I just returned from Thay, where I was watching the Szass Tam drama unfold. Good times!
Go to Top of Page

Dantrag
Learned Scribe

USA
141 Posts

Posted - 24 Oct 2009 :  02:32:57  Show Profile  Visit Dantrag's Homepage Send Dantrag a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Matron Baenre... you should find great hospitallity in Candlekeep, but uhh....one rule......you can't torture people

" The truth comes out only in bold and underlined"
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000