Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Darwin_Tenderfoot
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 11 Apr 2003 :  01:26:37  Show Profile  Visit Darwin_Tenderfoot's Homepage Send Darwin_Tenderfoot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rad: Nah, I didnt take offense to anything its understandable. Nice to see you again too, and everyone else.

Darwin
Go to Top of Page

Drummer Boy
Senior Scribe

USA
395 Posts

Posted - 12 Apr 2003 :  16:08:52  Show Profile  Visit Drummer Boy's Homepage Send Drummer Boy a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Sorry for the late welcome but here it is: Welcome back to Candlekeep, Darwin Tenderfoot. I'm sure you'll see it has changed for the better since you were last here.

Edited by - Drummer Boy on 12 Apr 2003 16:10:29
Go to Top of Page

Lehre
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 14 May 2003 :  17:21:37  Show Profile  Visit Lehre's Homepage Send Lehre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::appearing from within the shadows was a figure of darkness. As he stepped into the light is body began to look transparent and his eyes gave off a ghostly glow:: Darwin...Tenderfoot ::The words rolled off his tongue roughly and sounded a little choppy:: Well, anyway good afternoon to all. I am new to a place such as this and I hope I will enjoy this place.

"The slow blade pierces even the best shield."
Go to Top of Page

Ithrin
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2003 :  14:00:23  Show Profile  Visit Ithrin's Homepage Send Ithrin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm Ithrin. I'm new.
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2003 :  14:23:24  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Ithrin

I'm Ithrin. I'm new.

Hm. A bit blunt, arent ye?

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."
Go to Top of Page

Ithrin
Acolyte

1 Posts

Posted - 16 May 2003 :  16:37:55  Show Profile  Visit Ithrin's Homepage Send Ithrin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Don't insult me. You're made of Malic, as I see thy fayre.
Go to Top of Page

Lehre
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 17 May 2003 :  06:44:43  Show Profile  Visit Lehre's Homepage Send Lehre a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

Hold your tongue. You are a new member and you will respect others or you may find yourself in over your head.

"The slow blade pierces even the best shield."

Edited by - Lehre on 19 May 2003 00:01:19
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 19 May 2003 :  18:30:17  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:

::he bows low:: my apoligies; i meant no offense. but if i may be so forthcoming as to ask of you not to ridicule my own name, i would be very much appriciative...

"Khaless? Ha. Vel'bol zhah nindol 'khaless' dos telanth? d'usstan zhaun ol naut."

Edited by - Malice on 19 May 2003 18:30:43
Go to Top of Page

Zaknafein
Seeker

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  02:43:57  Show Profile  Visit Zaknafein's Homepage Send Zaknafein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hello, I am not new to this site but i am new to these forums, hello everyone! i am looking forward to having a great experience in these forums

Zaknafein Do'Urden: mentor, teacher, friend....To Zak, the one who inspired my courage. -Drizzt Do'Urden

Full plate and packing steel.
Go to Top of Page

Malice
Seeker

USA
83 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  02:52:05  Show Profile  Visit Malice's Homepage Send Malice a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::looks to Zaknafien:: welcome to the forums, Zaknafien!

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 23 May 2003 :  08:29:10  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep Zaknafein.

Care to show me how to weild this Scimitar? I hear youre pretty good at teaching that sort of thing

I hope your enjoy your time here.

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2003 :  03:13:56  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm new to Candlekeep, and i'm having a bit of trouble. I have visited most of the forums without any problems, but I want to go to the inn to read more on people's backgrounds and I can't get there. Every time I try it says I have to be logged on in order to get to that forum, but I am logged on as you can see. Am I doing something wrong? HELP!!

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 24 May 2003 :  11:36:24  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met Brynweir and welcome to Candlekeep

quote:
Originally posted by Brynweir

I'm new to Candlekeep, and i'm having a bit of trouble. I have visited most of the forums without any problems, but I want to go to the inn to read more on people's backgrounds and I can't get there. Every time I try it says I have to be logged on in order to get to that forum, but I am logged on as you can see. Am I doing something wrong? HELP!!

I have sent you a personal scroll regarding your problem in entering the Inn (no doubt the Inns doorman has been a little lapse of late and left some drunked slumped against the inside of the door)

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Brynweir
Senior Scribe

USA
436 Posts

Posted - 25 May 2003 :  16:44:50  Show Profile Send Brynweir a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you, Alaundo. I found my way to the Inn. (Some thoughtful person rolled the drunkard away from the door) Since I am new to forums (this being my first), I was wondering if there is any sort of etiquette for joining other people's "conversations", particularly at the inn.

Anyone who likes to read something that's really dark and gritty and completely awesome ought to read The Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks. You can check out a little taste at www.BrentWeeks.com I should probably warn you, though, that it is definitely not PG-13 :-D

He also started a new Trilogy with Black Prism, which may even surpass the Night Angel Trilogy in its awesomeness.

Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 26 May 2003 :  01:53:10  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
It's basically the same as in Real Life. You just walk up and ask if you can join them.

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Zaknafein
Seeker

USA
77 Posts

Posted - 29 May 2003 :  04:25:44  Show Profile  Visit Zaknafein's Homepage Send Zaknafein a Private Message  Reply with Quote
hmmm...i have yet to looked into that, i think its about time i do...

Zaknafein Do'Urden: mentor, teacher, friend....To Zak, the one who inspired my courage. -Drizzt Do'Urden

Full plate and packing steel.
Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 06 Jul 2003 :  03:51:40  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Origianally posted by: Alaundo

you DID receive my email didnt you Salius Kai? I never received a response

Naye. Whilst away from CandleKeep, I experienced a brief time of banishment from the realms (my internet was down and my e-mail account got deleted). So I missed anything scryed my way for a while. I'm afreaid I no longer have any of my previously mentioned stories, but I am working on one concerning my previous adventure with Trafaldi and Feanor (which is FR based) that I would be more than happy to donate to the grandest library in the realms.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Omega
Acolyte

Afghanistan
11 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2003 :  13:42:17  Show Profile  Visit Omega's Homepage Send Omega a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Alaundo. This website's real cool, you know that? Best regards, Omega.

Through the keeps of Candlekeep, Omega holds unto you a faith that cannot be jeopardised, for he is the one in Candlekeep that will not understate the lord of the future.
Go to Top of Page

Latrose
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 08 Jul 2003 :  14:42:06  Show Profile  Visit Latrose's Homepage Send Latrose a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings and well met. Know that I am Latrose and I am new here. I have come in search of sanctuary. Many outside these walls have been.... less then friendly. Make no mistake I have no intention of harming anyone present, though maybe I could make arrangements with the city guard...

"Every man lives.... not every man truly dies"

-Latrose the Blood Magus
Go to Top of Page

Joseph
Acolyte

United Kingdom
1 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2003 :  01:09:26  Show Profile  Visit Joseph's Homepage Send Joseph a Private Message  Reply with Quote
An anchient looking man leaning heavily on a gnarled wooden staff hobbles toward the many groups of exitedly chattering people. He mutters a mild curse under his breath and makes his way to the front, finally finding his way through the crowd toward Alaundo.

Hail Alaundo. Tale of your near-infinate knowledge has spread far and wide, why it is my reconing there is little not known to you, and that small amount that is missing is merely stored in a book somewhere. I must congratulate you on the feat that being custodian of this great library must be, I have found it to be a veritable fountain of information.

Someone told me the gods were laughing down at us, but I thought the gods were doing something alot less pleasent on me...
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 09 Jul 2003 :  08:31:00  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met Joseph, and indeed welcome to the great library of Candlekeep. Great not only in knowledge and lore, but also in the scribes within

I hope you enjoy your stay here and are able to learn and share much Realmslore.

If you are in need of any assistance then please holler! (just not too loud, its a library after all )

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Malanthius
Learned Scribe

144 Posts

Posted - 15 Jul 2003 :  22:02:21  Show Profile  Visit Malanthius's Homepage Send Malanthius a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Have you ever noticed that no matter how many mistakes you learn from over however long a period of time, you always make new ones?

My latest being i should have introduced myself here before inscribing notes upon these scrolls.
Malanthius at your service. Not Malanthius the Great, Malanthius the Eternal or Malanthius Deathbreaker or one of a thousand and one other idiots. Just Malanthius.
Admittedly toril isn't precisely the only realm i've seen, but it has always been a favorite, it's tales have been a long favorite. This library is a masterwork of craft. My smallest hope being i'll be faithful in adding to it.

"Oh, Do stop whining, It's not the End of the World. It's just the end of Your's."
Go to Top of Page

PathWarden
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 16 Jul 2003 :  19:45:20  Show Profile  Visit PathWarden's Homepage Send PathWarden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met to you all! I have long been a vistor to this wonderful site, and have finally gotten around to registering.

A great site and useful resource! I hope to be able to discuss the game with all of you.
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2003 :  08:55:23  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and well met newcomers!

Welcome and be at peace!

::MuadDib leads PathWarden off to an area of the Library containing myriad texts on the life of rangers, and refers him to several tomes of Archery and mastery of the Bow. "I hope these help"

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page

PathWarden
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2003 :  17:51:38  Show Profile  Visit PathWarden's Homepage Send PathWarden a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Nods to MuadDib.

Thank you my friend, your help is most appreciated.
Go to Top of Page

Vallandar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2003 :  22:37:38  Show Profile  Visit Vallandar's Homepage Send Vallandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings, for my part I am Vallandar Arlundar and still a stranger to these realms. A stranger with an unhealthy interest in the Zhentarim at that.

Proffers the required tome to examine the library of Candlekeep.

'The sinews of war, unlimited money'
- Cicero
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 17 Jul 2003 :  22:46:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Vallandar

Greetings, for my part I am Vallandar Arlundar and still a stranger to these realms. A stranger with an unhealthy interest in the Zhentarim at that.

Proffers the required tome to examine the library of Candlekeep.

Well Met Vallandar

...and thank ye for thy entry fee

::reaches out to gently take the ornate tome from Vallandars grasp::

Hmmmm, an unhealthy interest in Zhentarim eh? Many are such scrolls and tomes within this library, for example a scribe only recently began penning this one, entitled Roleplaying the Zhentarim, or maybe you could lend your expertise in this one, or indeed this one?

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Vallandar
Acolyte

United Kingdom
46 Posts

Posted - 19 Jul 2003 :  20:53:13  Show Profile  Visit Vallandar's Homepage Send Vallandar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Smiles in a vaguely sinister fashion

Great sage, the foremost of those topics is mine own, the last covers similar ground whilst the second is seems of little practical use when those texts covered are regrettably long gone. My interest in the Black Network is, of course, primarily a practical one.

'The sinews of war, unlimited money'
- Cicero
Go to Top of Page

Osmo
Acolyte

Australia
14 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  02:00:40  Show Profile  Visit Osmo's Homepage Send Osmo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
So this isn't the Edificant library..... Oh well.Osmo grins wickedly. Hapy to be here, and I like the way you welcome guests. I feel as though I've been here forever.

I'm Tae Fisher..The loveable rogue.:)
Go to Top of Page

MuadDib
Senior Scribe

South Africa
442 Posts

Posted - 20 Jul 2003 :  06:53:49  Show Profile  Visit MuadDib's Homepage Send MuadDib a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Perhaps you have been here forever Osmo, but just dont know it..

Time has some interesting effects and manifestations in this library

::MuadDib ponders::

MuadDib - Candlekeep Inn Barhand
Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000