Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author  Topic Next Topic
Page: of 37

The Finn
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 28 Mar 2006 :  22:54:54  Show Profile  Visit The Finn's Homepage  Send The Finn an AOL message Send The Finn a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Alaundo

quote:
Originally posted by The Finn

Hello all,

I'm amazed it's taken me this long to stumble upon Candlekeep, but I'm happy to finally be here. What an awesome resource this is, hopefully I can contribute to it as well in my own small way. :)

Well met, The Finn

Welcome to Candlekeep. Indeed, and we're glad we enticed another scholar of the Realms into our humble library. Tell me, where did ye learn of this place?

Well take a look around the many scrolls and tomes of Realmslore herein, for there is much knowledge to be learnt witin these halls.

Enjoy thy stay

Over on the Paizo boards, someone mentioned a post Ed made on Candlekeep, and a quick Google search brought me here.
Go to Top of Page

Elfinblade
Senior Scribe

Norway
377 Posts

Posted - 29 Mar 2006 :  13:18:48  Show Profile Send Elfinblade a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome The Finn.
I hope you enjoy yer stay as much as i have. Tis indeed a tremendous amount of knowledge stored herein these dusty tomes.
Go to Top of Page

Munch Bunch
Acolyte

3 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2006 :  21:46:02  Show Profile  Visit Munch Bunch's Homepage Send Munch Bunch a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hi Peeps =]
big fan of Forgotten Realms books, read all ed greenwoods Elminster books ( except elminster daughter) which is on order now. read the shandril saga books very good and the seven sisters.

so i thought i may as well join a forum which has the same taste in novels =]
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29910 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2006 :  22:40:07  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

Candlekeep Forums Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

Editor and scribe for The Candlekeep Compendium

I am the Giant Space Hamster of Ill Omen!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5571 Posts

Posted - 03 Apr 2006 :  23:32:47  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Munch Bunch

Welcome to Candlekeep. There are many tomes and scrolls of lore herein to aid thee in thy quest for knowledge.

Enjoy thy stay

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep
Go to Top of Page

Shirl Ravenlock
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  16:09:19  Show Profile  Visit Shirl Ravenlock's Homepage  Send Shirl Ravenlock an AOL message Send Shirl Ravenlock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Greetings everyone, I am new to the forum. I just recently started reading Forgotten Realms and I just love it! I am currently reading IceWind Dale.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29910 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  17:10:10  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep, Shirl!

Feel free to ask any questions you may have... A lot of us have been Realms fans for years, and we know a thing or three about the setting. Plus, we've got some of the authors and creators here!

As for the rest of us, we are friendly, mostly harmless, and occasionally strange... Enjoy your stay!

It's not too oft we see someone using a Shannara username in here.

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5571 Posts

Posted - 04 Apr 2006 :  17:39:04  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Shirl Ravenlock

Welcome to Candlekeep. Glad thou art enjoy the tomes of the Realms. There are certainly many on which to feast thine eyes and if thou art looking for recommendations, then please venture into the Novels area and we will be more than happy to help

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Shirl Ravenlock
Acolyte

USA
5 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2006 :  04:45:06  Show Profile  Visit Shirl Ravenlock's Homepage  Send Shirl Ravenlock an AOL message Send Shirl Ravenlock a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I started on a Terry Brooks forum, so I just keep my name for all the forums I join. It makes it easier for me to keep track of. Hope you all don't mind?

And I am lookig forward to venture in the Candlekeep!
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29910 Posts

Posted - 06 Apr 2006 :  07:33:09  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Shirl Ravenlock

I started on a Terry Brooks forum, so I just keep my name for all the forums I join. It makes it easier for me to keep track of. Hope you all don't mind?

And I am lookig forward to venture in the Candlekeep!

It's a good name.

Go to Top of Page

Eryu
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2006 :  09:11:38  Show Profile  Visit Eryu's Homepage  Send Eryu an AOL message  Click to see Eryu's MSN Messenger address  Send Eryu a Yahoo! Message Send Eryu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
*takes a tenative step into the forums*

...hallo :) My name is Eryu...I'm brand g'new and I'm an elf freak O.o

And I have been reading FR for a year and a half now and can't stop.

I am an writer, artist. I am 21, married, and will have been for 3 years in September :)

I'll admit...I know OF Candlekeep, but I haven't actually read any books with them...*cough* Arilyn Moonblade and Drizzt have had my attention for awhile ;)

Erm...I guess thats about it. I too keep a similiar name on all forums, pages etc. It's either Eriu or Eryu. Same name and person, slightly altered spelling and realm placement...

Lady to Lord Shadohnkh..
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5571 Posts

Posted - 13 Apr 2006 :  09:23:53  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, Eryu

Welcome to Candlekeep. Oh readers and writers are very welcome herein Feel free to take a look around and our many tomes and scrolls of Realmslore. My fellow scribes will be more than happy to aid thee in thy search for the next tome to read.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Eryu
Acolyte

USA
0 Posts

Posted - 16 Apr 2006 :  09:44:00  Show Profile  Visit Eryu's Homepage  Send Eryu an AOL message  Click to see Eryu's MSN Messenger address  Send Eryu a Yahoo! Message Send Eryu a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thankyou Alaundo for the warm welcome ;) Well I'll have to dig around when it's not so late :P heh heh...

Lady to Lord Shadohnkh..
Go to Top of Page

lockdar
Seeker

Netherlands
18 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  21:05:34  Show Profile  Visit lockdar's Homepage  Click to see lockdar's MSN Messenger address Send lockdar a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met fellow travelers of the Realms. After lurking around these great halls and hearing only tidbits of the knowledge contained here I decided to step into the light and partake in the more then interesting discussions Candlekeep has to offer.
I've been traveling and reading about these beautifull Realms for over ten years yet never had the will to actually partake in them. I hope I will not dissapoint you in the (hopefully) months and years to come.

Save yourself a penny for the ferryman.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29910 Posts

Posted - 20 Apr 2006 :  22:47:54  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5571 Posts

Posted - 21 Apr 2006 :  07:45:52  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, lockdar

I'm certainly glad thee donned thy robes and joined us herein. Lurk not in the corridors and join us in the halls of knowledge, for there is much to be learnt and discussed.

Hope to see thee around the library from this day forth

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Stardrake
Acolyte

USA
3 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  00:20:48  Show Profile  Visit Stardrake's Homepage Send Stardrake a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, good gentles! Whilst serching for information on certain customs of the Realms over at the Forum of the Coastal Wizards, I did discover a portal to Candlekeep. And given the quantity and quality of sagecraft I have seen in just a brief perusal, I knew this was by far the better place to learn what I needed--and to possibly share what knowledge I have with others.

Again, well met!

Void where prohibited by natural law.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5571 Posts

Posted - 09 May 2006 :  08:17:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Stardrake

Well met, good gentles! Whilst serching for information on certain customs of the Realms over at the Forum of the Coastal Wizards, I did discover a portal to Candlekeep. And given the quantity and quality of sagecraft I have seen in just a brief perusal, I knew this was by far the better place to learn what I needed--and to possibly share what knowledge I have with others.

Again, well met!

Well met, Stardrake

Welcome to Candlekeep. Ye have certainly come to the right place if it is lore ye seek Feel free to take a look around at the many tomes and scrolls herein, and ask any questions ye wish.

Enjoy thy stay.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Triopah
Acolyte

Croatia
0 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  22:28:45  Show Profile  Visit Triopah's Homepage Send Triopah a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met keepers of knowledge. I hope I'll be of use to you.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29910 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  22:56:16  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5571 Posts

Posted - 15 Jun 2006 :  23:04:51  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Triopah

Well met keepers of knowledge. I hope I'll be of use to you.

Well met, Triopah

Welcome to Candlekeep. Oh travelers are always of use to us herein, for they bring knowledge and Realmslore from beyond these walls

Enjoy thy stay, and I hope ye find this place of use also.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Zimme
Learned Scribe

Denmark
209 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  13:31:28  Show Profile  Click to see Zimme's MSN Messenger address Send Zimme a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Humbly at your service my lords!

.....Hmm did i go off the cliff there??!...;)

Sometimes I feel like Beshaba is sitting on my back, devoting her entire attention to me!

Rannek.

Go to Top of Page

Arkhaedun
Senior Scribe

869 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  16:32:49  Show Profile  Visit Arkhaedun's Homepage Send Arkhaedun a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to the keep.
Go to Top of Page

Wooly Rupert
Master of Mischief

USA
29910 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  16:35:23  Show Profile Send Wooly Rupert a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome to Candlekeep!

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5571 Posts

Posted - 29 Jun 2006 :  18:35:44  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage  Click to see Alaundo's MSN Messenger address Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Zimme

Humbly at your service my lords!

.....Hmm did i go off the cliff there??!...;)

Well met, Zimme

Welcome to Candlekeep Glad ye decided to join us. There are many scrolls and tomes of lore for which to feast thine eyes upon. Enjoy thy stay

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 37  Topic Next Topic  
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly