Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Welcome to Candlekeep
 Well Met, and Welcome to the Forums
 Welcome to the Candlekeep Forums
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 34

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 05 Nov 2002 :  17:34:44  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Well Met and Welcome traveler!

I, Alaundo, Master Scribe and seer of Candlekeep welcome you to the great library of Faerun and the Forgotten Realms. You are now in the Chambers of Lore where you will meet many other scribes and seekers of Realmslore and knowledge. We hope you enjoy your stay here and learn many new things.

Please feel free to introduce yourself with a new topic in this forum category and be welcomed warmly.

If you need any assistance during your stay then please call on me by posting within this forum or via email.

....and now, ill leave you to browse the many tomes we have....

Alaundo
Candlekeep Forums Head Moderator

Candlekeep - The Library of Forgotten Realms Lore
http://www.candlekeep.com
-- Candlekeep Forum Code of Conduct

An Introduction to Candlekeep - by Ed Greenwood
The Candlekeep Compendium - Tomes of Realmslore penned by Scribes of Candlekeep

Exilion
Seeker

60 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2002 :  11:41:51  Show Profile  Visit Exilion's Homepage Send Exilion a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Alaundo, I am Exilion, and I very much enjoy using the adventuring forum to post interesting topics, but, more importantly, the stories and campaigns which I have written and thought about long hard before posting them on the forum. Consequentially, I have had many replies saying that the stories I have written are good, enjoyable and well written. Would it be possible, Alaundo, to have some of my best stories put on to the website?

King Exilion

Bring forth power unto my reign
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 29 Dec 2002 :  13:51:41  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met Exilion

Indeed your stories and tales are an excellent feast to the eyes! We would gladly host your tales at Candlekeep along with many other fine writings. Please email all that you wish to be shared to us at: journals@candlekeep.com and they will be added to the Campaign Logs section, hopefully in time for the next site update.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2003 :  00:08:13  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I've a question for you Alaundo. I'm a fairly new scribe, looking for something to contribute to the the community of Candle Keep. I've written (and am still writting) a couple short stories based on one of my heroes (Salius Kai), and I was wandering if you'd be interested in me sending them in or if they would just take up band width. I've been told by my friends their quite good, and I was looking for a way to share them with Candle Keep.

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai

Edited by - Salius Kai on 03 Jan 2003 00:09:25
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 03 Jan 2003 :  09:01:03  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met Salius_Kai

As mentioned previously on this topic to Exilion, all are welcome to submit their stories to us and have them available to all others in the Campaign Logs section of the site (we are soon to be splitting this section into actually gaming logs such as the PbeM's, and stories).

Please email your submissions to journals@candlekeep.com

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Salius Kai
Learned Scribe

USA
217 Posts

Posted - 20 Jan 2003 :  05:55:31  Show Profile  Visit Salius Kai's Homepage Send Salius Kai a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Thank you Alaundo for your time, but I have one more question just to make sure.

My stories aren't exactly FR realted. They are fantasy (elves, dwarves, medieval) but take place in our world about a thousand years ago. They just aren't Forgotten Realms, should I even bother sending them in? Aye or Naye?

"Welcome to these walls of infinite knowledge."

Salius Kai
Go to Top of Page

Rekindin
Acolyte

USA
43 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  20:58:05  Show Profile  Visit Rekindin's Homepage Send Rekindin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met Alaundo, I have come from the bowels of the underdark, and have wondered to the humble place Candlekeep.So far the scribes have added me as a friend despite my drow heritage.I am grateful to talk to the head scribe, and overwelmed by all the scribes prosperity and gratitude.Thank you for welcoming me.........

Please let me be your good part of your day
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  22:12:40  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met Rekindin and welcome to Candlekeep

Glad you could make it here from the perils of the Underdark, I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 21 Mar 2003 :  22:24:40  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Redinkin!

It's becoming fashion to present himself after posting!
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  03:31:58  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
You never answered Salius Kai, Alaundo. Or was it answered some other place, in some other dusty scroll that I haven't read yet?

Hell hath no fury like all of Candlekeep rising in defense of one of its own.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 22 Mar 2003 :  10:50:05  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

You never answered Salius Kai, Alaundo. Or was it answered some other place, in some other dusty scroll that I haven't read yet?

T'was in a private scroll my dear Bookwyrm. (you DID receive my email didnt you Salius Kai? I never received a response)

But to answer the question for others, this IS a library of the Realms so stories are prefered to contain some FR significance to make them relevant to the site. Others scribes who have submitted their works have willingly tweaked their stories to add the odd Realms location or whatever, which involves only a small change and appeals to FR fans just that little bit more

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 22 Mar 2003 10:51:19
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 23 Mar 2003 :  03:37:19  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Okay. That's what I was expecting, but I just wanted to make sure.

Download the brickfilm masterpiece by Leftfield Studios! See this page for more.
Go to Top of Page

elereta
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  00:03:26  Show Profile  Visit elereta's Homepage Send elereta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well met, I do so love this site, I love most things concerning Faerun, nd tis a sahme i cannot find more books in my area, I cannot even find my own copy of the Campaign Setting itself!
Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  08:43:50  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met elereta, Welcome to Candlekeep.

Thank you for your kind words, I hope you enjoy your stay here with us, and fear not, there are MANY tomes, books and scrolls within the library so you should never be short of reading

::whispers to the other scribes::
Is it just me being paranoid or are we being overrun with drow of late?

Alaundo

Edited by - Alaundo on 25 Mar 2003 08:45:26
Go to Top of Page

Mumadar Ibn Huzal
Master of Realmslore

1338 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  10:31:27  Show Profile Send Mumadar Ibn Huzal a Private Message  Reply with Quote
::Stands next to Alaundo, hand on chin looking at the influx of ebon skinned elves::

Well, my friend, I do recall that those magicians on that faraway coast did proclaim this year as 'The Year of the Drow'. But that so many would venture forth from the dark caverns I had no idea...

There does seem to be an increased demand for twin blades, figurines of power and holy symbols of Eilistraee currently... One might be tempted to start a business selling those items... For some strange reason everyone seems to want them... Or would it be the latest fad from Waterdeep. Those nobles there always dream up these outlandish things...
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  21:15:38  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Yes. First dragons, now drow. Let's see: Elves, check; humans, check; dwarves, check; half-elves, check; at least one goblin, several dragons, and a few who never show their faces (). I wonder when the centaurs, tlincalis, duerogar, and trolls will show?

Go to Top of Page

elereta
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 25 Mar 2003 :  21:41:21  Show Profile  Visit elereta's Homepage Send elereta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
AH, perhaps this a sign of grand things to come for the Realms, a sign of unification perhaps? Who knows? Well, thank you for your warm welcome and it is a pleasure to be here. On another note my knowledge grows day by day through the glory of your vast library. Thank you for a brilliant place!
Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 26 Mar 2003 :  09:36:42  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Elereta.
<zemd looks at her intensly>
Damn it's really hard to distinguish a drow from an other drow. Maybe new drow's avatar would be required.
Yes, i know an other task on your soooooo long task list
Go to Top of Page

Yasraena
Senior Scribe

USA
388 Posts

Posted - 27 Mar 2003 :  20:23:32  Show Profile  Visit Yasraena's Homepage Send Yasraena a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I felt the same way, zemd. And viola! Thanks to Alaundo, Yasraena now has new and different avatar! I actually have a penciled pic of her that I had someone create for me, but didn't want to use a B&W one when everyone else was using color. This one is as close to that one as I could find in color. Face-wise anyaway. I feel like an individual again!

"Nindyn vel'uss malar verin z'klaen tlu kyone ulu naut doera nindel vel'bolen nind malar."
Yasraena T'Sarran
Harper of Silverymoon
Go to Top of Page

elereta
Acolyte

5 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  21:57:15  Show Profile  Visit elereta's Homepage Send elereta a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I am having a very artist friedn create an image of this Drow, is there any way I could get her onto this as my piccy?
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 01 Apr 2003 :  22:18:03  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Bookwyrm hands Elereta a scroll.

Go to Top of Page

Darwin_Tenderfoot
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  04:01:01  Show Profile  Visit Darwin_Tenderfoot's Homepage Send Darwin_Tenderfoot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
HEY!!! Darwin is back just with a diff face Hell yeh. Just thought Id say hi

Darwin

Edited by - Darwin_Tenderfoot on 09 Apr 2003 04:01:49
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  08:08:28  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Awwww, well I think your old halfling avatar fitted your name much better than this one, Darwin!

Lord Rad

"What? No, I wasn't reading your module. I was just looking at the pictures"
Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  08:18:29  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hold on a second, theres a Darwin Tenderfoot and a Darwin_Tenderfoot! And I must say that the two personalities are quite different in the manner of their posts! Is this an imposter?

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page

zemd
Master of Realmslore

France
1103 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  09:09:44  Show Profile Send zemd a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Or did he lost his password?!
Go to Top of Page

Avaly
Acolyte

USA
48 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  10:37:38  Show Profile  Visit Avaly's Homepage Send Avaly a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Hail and Honor,

Welcome back! :) I hope to get to know ya better.

Honor to all,
Avaly Nightstar
Go to Top of Page

Alexis Merlin
Learned Scribe

USA
115 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  14:43:01  Show Profile  Visit Alexis Merlin's Homepage Send Alexis Merlin a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Welcome Darwin...hmmm do you think that we are related somehow ?
I hope that your stay here is a fruitful and enlighting one.

Alexis

It is knowledge that influences and equalizes the social condition of man; that gives to all, however different their political position, passions which are in common, and enjoyments which are universal.
(Benjamin Disraeli)
Go to Top of Page

Darwin_Tenderfoot
Acolyte

USA
10 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  16:49:25  Show Profile  Visit Darwin_Tenderfoot's Homepage Send Darwin_Tenderfoot a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Rad: How is this picture? Oh, and I am not an imposter. Just the same old me. I was jus a lil hyper.

Zemd: I didnt lose my pass, I jus havent been on for awhile and they kicked my account.

Everyone:Thanks for the welcome.

Darwin

Edited by - Darwin_Tenderfoot on 09 Apr 2003 16:57:51
Go to Top of Page

Bookwyrm
Great Reader

USA
4740 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  18:50:41  Show Profile  Visit Bookwyrm's Homepage Send Bookwyrm a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I'm pretty sure that that can easily be fixed -- the old account still seems to be there. Am I right, Alaundo?

Go to Top of Page

Alaundo
Head Moderator
Admin

United Kingdom
5692 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  18:57:35  Show Profile  Visit Alaundo's Homepage Send Alaundo a Private Message  Reply with Quote
Well Met

quote:
Originally posted by Bookwyrm

I'm pretty sure that that can easily be fixed -- the old account still seems to be there. Am I right, Alaundo?

Indeed you are correct, Bookwyrm. Prey tell of your problem Darwin, your account is still intact and should be fine for you to use. Please contact me directly if you are experiencing any problems and I will gladly help.

Alaundo

Go to Top of Page

Lord Rad
Great Reader

United Kingdom
2080 Posts

Posted - 09 Apr 2003 :  19:09:31  Show Profile  Visit Lord Rad's Homepage Send Lord Rad a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Darwin_Tenderfoot

Rad: How is this picture? Oh, and I am not an imposter. Just the same old me. I was jus a lil hyper.

Yup thats much better Darwin Nice to see you again, hope you didnt take offense at my comment earlier, there had been a couple of impersonations occuring not too long ago, was just checking

Lord Rad

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 34 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000