Candlekeep Forum
Candlekeep Forum
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Active Polls | Members | Private Messages | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Forgotten Realms Journals
 Running the Realms
 Paladin of Tyranny (Archetype) [Pathfinder]
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

LordofBones
Master of Realmslore

1477 Posts

Posted - 18 Sep 2014 :  10:31:43  Show Profile Send LordofBones a Private Message  Reply with Quote  Delete Topic
Not all antipaladins are devoted to the causes of chaos and depravity. Some of these malevolent figures instead find satisfaction in bringing a tyrannical order to wherever they tread, where the causes of law and evil are upheld. All are equal slaves in the eyes of the tyrant.

PALADIN OF TYRANNY

Alignment: Lawful Evil

Deadly Touch (Su) Beginning at 2nd level, a paladin of tyranny surrounds his hand with a malevolent red light, causing terrible wounds to open on those he touches. Each day he can use this ability a number of times equal to 1/2 his paladin of tyranny level + his Charisma modifier. As a touch attack, an paladin of tyranny can cause 1d6 points of damage for every two paladin of tyranny levels he possesses. Using this ability is a standard action that does not provoke attacks of opportunity.

As a swift action, the paladin of tyranny may immediately attempt to command a creature wounded by his touch, with a Will save to negate the effect. This ability replaces Touch of Corruption.

Despot's Visage (Ex) At 3rd level, the paladin of tyranny's presence is extremely unsettling to those who oppose him, and a boon to those who stand with him. All Charisma-based skill checks made by good creatures (or neutral creatures aligned against the paladin) suffer a -2 penalty when attempted within the paladin of tyranny's line of sight (this increases to -4 at 9th level and -6 at 15th level). Evil creatures and neutral creatures aligned with the paladin gain a bonus instead. This replaces the Plague Bringer ability.

Aura of Dread Command (Su) At 11th level, the Paladin of Tyranny may expend two uses of his smite good ability to demoralize all enemies within 10 feet of him, with a +4 bonus to the Intimidate check. Additionally, fear effects cast within 10 feet of the paladin of tyranny have the effect enhanced by a magnitude of one step, even with a successful saving throw. This replaces the Aura of Vengeance ability.

Dread Tyrant (Su) At 20th level, a paladin of tyranny embodies despotism. His DR increases to 10/good. Whenever he uses smite good and successfully strikes a good creature, the creature is also subject to a dominate monster or a banishment (his weapon and unholy symbol automatically count as objects that the subject hates). In addition, whenever he channels negative energy or uses deadly touch to damage a creature, he deals the maximum possible amount, and he may choose to dominate a creature affected by his deadly touch (as dominate person).

Edited by - LordofBones on 18 Sep 2014 11:09:44

Mystic Lemur
Seeker

58 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2014 :  18:46:54  Show Profile Send Mystic Lemur a Private Message  Reply with Quote
I like it. I always believed the anti-paladin should be Lawful Evil, or that they should have gone the way of Unearthed Arcana and made a paladin of every "extreme" alignment.

"What mattered our lives now, when our world had been torn from us? Folk wept, or drank, or stood staring out over the land, wondering what new horror each dawn would bring." -A review of the FRCG ;)
Go to Top of Page

Baltas
Senior Scribe

Poland
955 Posts

Posted - 25 Sep 2014 :  20:01:58  Show Profile Send Baltas a Private Message  Reply with Quote
quote:
Originally posted by Mystic Lemur

I like it. I always believed the anti-paladin should be Lawful Evil, or that they should have gone the way of Unearthed Arcana and made a paladin of every "extreme" alignment.

I also think that way, and didn't like the way that they the antipaladin made in AD&D and Pathfinder CE.

Also, great work LordofBones!

[Edit]

Not to mention, I think that Fallen Paladins would be more often lawful evil, or at least as oftenly as chaotic evil. And devils are much more probable to search out, made pacts and corrupt Paladins, rather than demons.

Edited by - Baltas on 25 Sep 2014 20:06:24
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  New Poll New Poll
 Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Candlekeep Forum © 1999-2024 Candlekeep.com Go To Top Of Page
Snitz Forums 2000